Maneating tigress of Moradabad

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
HereditaryHunter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Maneating tigress of Moradabad

Post by HereditaryHunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Followed her for about 12 kilometres till the losers from forest department stopped us, resulting she killed next victim in dariyapur in about 45 minutes after we stopped

Sent from my Micromax A110Q using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
HereditaryHunter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HereditaryHunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 pm

Sorry guys didnot introduced myself, i am faaiz from moradabad

HereditaryHunter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HereditaryHunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi guys i am Faaiz, the news is correct she indeed claimed another victim

HereditaryHunter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HereditaryHunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 pm

welcome faaiz on ifg

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:53 pm

skeetshot wrote:
maneater.jpg

Last night the situation almost took another ugly turn when the jeep was surrounded by villagers and two Machals were brought to burn it by the irate villagers.

Fortunately my friend was recognised and the situation was brought under control

Man Animal conflict

It rained considerably last night in the Afzalgarh area and the tracks could not be found till 11.30 today

At 3 pm, the tracks were seen across a small road on the other side of which, 2 km, lay the border of Corbett

To furthur complicate matters, tracks of a large male were also found in the same area

Furthur, the Chief Conservator and his entire team are camping in the area

Also at least three more permits have been issued and these teams have also reached the area

Then there are at least 6 TV channel vehicles roaming around
The area has very dense Sugar Cane, linseed and some wheat

Fog has started setting in for the night.
its worest
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Tigress Victim.jpg
Received the news approx 1730 hrs today that a woman had been killed by a tiger/tigress in the Buffer Zone of Corbett approx 8 kms away from where the Saturday victim was killed.

She was cutting grass when she was struck down.

On account of the commotion caused, the predator could not make off with the kill and consequently it was not eatens

She has three children aged 8 to 12 year.

Most probably it is the same tigress, but in the absence of some really expert tracker, one cannot confirm this with any certainity.

Thus, she moved approx east after Saturday, turned approx North around Afzalgarh and entered Uttararkhand and Corbett and then turned approx west and killed her latest victim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 pm

hi skeetshoot
officials have stoped faaiz to hunt meneater what will be next some more lifes lost and then utrakhand govt will issue fresh permit for lioness hunt.as parshant said once maneater will remain maneater always.as humans are easy prey and how long govt will take to issue fresh permits as this maneater is not going to stop from killing mens thanks

HereditaryHunter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HereditaryHunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:27 pm

I myself a believer in tiger conservation , but you cant reason with a man eating tigress operating in the worlds 2nd most densely populated region. She should be shot. Period

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:54 am

That is terrible!

Happy Hunting to whoever got the permits.

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:59 am

At this time the earlier declaration of maneater by the UP Chief Conservator has been withdrawn on account of political pressure from MP Maneka Gandhi

Perhaps for similar reasons, Uttrakhand Forest Department states they dont know if this is the same tiger

It is the nature of the tiger to travel far and wide as it is in its nature to be the ultimate predator

The problem is the population density is so high in this rich Terai region

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 pm

a_kamal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by a_kamal » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Another maneater ?? whose fault "Not the Tigers for sure",

it is said that all tigers in sundervan are maneaters , and it is a fact that there are regular human kills there but still people there are not up in arms against them , they are trying to figure out ways to co-exist and avoid conflict .

this clearly is a matter of political will , government is not able to provide protection to Tigers within the national forest , a recent poaching case in corbett reserve is a glaring expample , niether it is able to protect people outside the forest .

I have been witness to 3 out of 5 incidents of "Tiger in City" phenomenon and the the thing which was very clear from start was how inadept our forest department officials are in handling these situations , there is neither convesrvative motivation in most of these officials , neither professional ethics , neither proper training and to top it all neither proper instruments .

2011 saw a similar situation as today with three cats on the prowl in three different districts forest department was at wits end where to send the tranquilizing gun and the elephants , imagine the largest and most populated state having just one working Tranqquilizing gun and only one expert .

The first reaction of our DFO in 2002 case was comic to say the least - peering at the pugmark for about 2 long minutes he pronounced it to be Hyena footprint and added that they will make arrangements to cast these pugs and send to Wild life institute in dehradun for confirmation , i picked up the pugs same day and have a cast with me till today (with a cast of my cat Sona's pug alongside to show similarity and size difference) will put up a pic later.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:57 am

I believe that tigers should be protected as long as they remain as normal game hunting and also as cattle lifters.But I also believe that when a tiger/Leopard turns into a man eater it would remain a man eater for life killing people when and as opportunity presents. The only alternative is to eliminate the man eater as early as possible by any means.

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:31 am

This is making news more in the US now. We have people in our country that are silly and don't understand the relationship of animals and people here as well. But when a wild animal starts killing humans there is never any question.