Where to buy hunting clothes

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Where to buy hunting clothes

Post by Ramandeep » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi IFGians,

Is there any websites which exclusively deals in hunting clothes, or any website which has the widest range and also can ship to India.

Regards

Raman
1 shot 1 kill!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Where to buy hunting clothes

Post by Vikram » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 am

Check Cabelas in US.

Sierratradingpost always has some good selections and prices.There are plenty to choose from.

What type of clothing are you looking for? The European clothing used for hunting differs a good bit from the stuff sold in US and Canada.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:47 am

As Vikram says, you would have to be more specific.
In many parts of the US, hunting clothes are just Jeans and a TShirt. Though some states require you to wear some kind of orange outer garment.
Of course you would dress for the weather but in the fall (when most hunting in the US occurs) many just wear jeans and a flannel shirt or sweatshirt.
Deer hunters to get serious about camo as they have to get real close to get a shot.

You can always tell the city boys who only go out into the woods during hunting season because they are all "duded up" in the latest gear. :)

Cabelas website has all kinds of clothes available, if you're looking for something specific. However, I don't know if they will ship overseas.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:44 am

XL is right. Hunting is different everywhere. I'm not really thinking that one can hunt unless the ground is covered with snow. All of my hunting clothes are heavy wool, and they are layered: I can take off a layer or two if I get too warm.

Some of the city slickers XL refers to get all of that newfangled stuff. Going through the needles of conifer trees in those new super synthetic clothes sounds like a B52 coming, with all the racket that's made. Wool, on the other hand, is dead quiet in almost every condition. It dries quickly when wet, too -- ask me how I know that!

A bow hunter wants camouflage. Waterfowl hunters want different clothes. If you are hunting, say, in Mississippi, you wouldn't be able to wear heavy wool clothes at all.

Tell us what you are looking for, exactly.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:34 am

timmy wrote:XL is right. Hunting is different everywhere.

You both are Absolutely right. Why you need them anyway Ramandeep
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 am

hunting in the pink is the just the thing these days, economical suits everybody and environment friendly. not only that it has last thousands of years. easy to wash, everyone loves it
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:01 am

Hammerhead wrote:
timmy wrote:XL is right. Hunting is different everywhere.
You both are Absolutely right. Why you need them anyway Ramandeep
Ramandeep,
The above statements explain everything....
In India hunting is prohibited - So why do you need hunting clothes...
But then if you are planning to go abroad - depends on to which country you are headed....
Different climes require different hunting attire...
However in India for you to just get the feel of wearing them while target shooting or plinking is to wear...
1. A good pair of camoflage jeans / cargo
2. An olive coloured Tee Shirt
3. A vest with extra pockets
4. A golf type cap
5. Light amber coloured sun glares
With all these you're dressed to shoot (Target / Plink) :lol:
Briha

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:11 am

HI fellas,
Thanks for replying and sorry my bad had to be more specific, well I actually want camouflage types mostly shirt and pants headgear and maybe a thin jacket as the weather where I live is generally moderate and hot most of the year around so no winter clothing. My intended use is actually not for hunting but wildlife photography, what I've felt it gets really difficult to take a close profile of the subject in photography coz somehow when you are not camouflaged with the environment the bird or animal sees you from far and spots your movement then you miss your good shot of the subject, the other option would be a big zoom lens which would cost as much as a midsize car which I would pass since I am not into professional photography am just a hobbyist photographer.

Cabelas and midway don't ship to India, I've checked other websites but they don't have very extensive range of clothing. Would be looking forward for your feedback guys.
Thank you
regards

Raman
1 shot 1 kill!

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:16 am

nagarifle wrote:hunting in the pink is the just the thing these days, economical suits everybody and environment friendly. not only that it has last thousands of years. easy to wash, everyone loves it
Hahaha :lol: :lol: good one Naga, the first pink i loved was by Aerosmith and the best pink is on my daughter but any given day I won't mind wearing a pink.
1 shot 1 kill!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 am

Ramandeep,
The outfit I mentioned earlier is ideal for a wildlife photographer...
In this case you can add a waist leather / canvas pouch to carry extra lenses / filters etc.
I've used this outfit / gear to great advantage while photographing outdoors / wilderness.
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:22 am

Ramandeep wrote:
nagarifle wrote:hunting in the pink is the just the thing these days, economical suits everybody and environment friendly. not only that it has last thousands of years. easy to wash, everyone loves it
Hahaha :lol: :lol: good one Naga, the first pink i loved was by Aerosmith and the best pink is on my daughter but any given day I won't mind wearing a pink.
Ramandeep,
I'm afraid you lost Nag's "double' entrande'" (double meaning)...
He probably meant 'hunting in the buff' - am I right Nags??? :lol:
Briha

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 am

Cabelas does ship to india and accepts indian credit cards.
They wont ship stuff like barrels, powders, primers, triggers, scopes etc but clothes they do ship.
Please order from there.
Midway wont accept an indian card iirc.
To Excellence through Diligence.

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 am

Safarigent wrote:Cabelas does ship to india and accepts indian credit cards.
They wont ship stuff like barrels, powders, primers, triggers, scopes etc but clothes they do ship.
Please order from there.
Midway wont accept an indian card iirc.
Are your sure about it coz few weeks back I have checked their(Cabelas) international shipping policy which states due to some kind of restrictions they have totally stopped international shipping.
1 shot 1 kill!

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:34 am

Decathlon.

Boots, jackets (photographers', fishing, and hiking), cargo trousers (olive, tan, camo, with or without zip off legs to turn them into shorts), tees, sweaters, socks. Tents, sleeping bags, etc. also available. Total apparel would cost you about 10-12 K (boots 4K and above, jacket 1-2K, trousers 1-2K, others another 2K). Last time I was there, it was only the better half's glare which made me drop a full set and come back (almost) empty handed!!

Their online store still doesn't know that they have BtoC license. However, if you (or someone known to you) have a business - any business - they will sell online (I think you need to supply the business registration and suchlike docs). If you are ever in Mumbai or Bangalore, you can buy from the bricks-and-mortar stores also. No business reqd for these.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:22 pm

I just took delivery of some stuff from cabelas 2 days back...
To Excellence through Diligence.