Monster Mountain Lion

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Monster Mountain Lion

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Skyman wrote:You mistake me.I support hunting to control numbers, and i don't judge anyone who hunts.I don't like for instance, holding a fish out of water just to see it struggle for air.In the same way, i don't like killing something for the sake of killing it.

I am fully aware it takes practice and skill to hit anything at range.I am excited when i hit the bulls eye with an air gun.No such feeling when i hit a living thing.If anyone does feel happy/excited/thrilled when they kill a living thing, so be it.I don't care for it.
If you don't care then stay out of hunting threads. hunters hunt because they like it, you don't so stay out of it.

-Inder

PS: Oops, I did not read Shooters post before me, he already said what i wrote above.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I don't like blue cheese salad dressing
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 pm

If you don't care then stay out of hunting threads. hunters hunt because they like it, you don't so stay out of it.

I don't care for the feeling of a hunt.However, knowing how to hunt and fish is essential knowledge.I shall read what i please, thank you.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm

1. If you dont care for the feeling of a hunt, dont comment here. It just detracts attention away from a nice thread in the hunting section.
2. You say hunting and fishing are essential knowledge. Do you do either? We can still hunt crows and rats( :D ) the basics can be learnt. What about fishing?
To Excellence through Diligence.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Safarigent wrote:1. If you dont care for the feeling of a hunt, dont comment here. It just detracts attention away from a nice thread in the hunting section.
2. You say hunting and fishing are essential knowledge. Do you do either? We can still hunt crows and rats( :D ) the basics can be learnt. What about fishing?
Regarding 1, please read above.

Regarding 2 - No i have not found suitable instruction in the art.I can clean them and make a mean fish fry.Why don't you come down and we can do both? :cheers: .An avid angler lives a way off from my place.If only i could get some show and tell.... :wink:

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Read what you please champ, refrain from commenting is what i am saying.
And get that angler to teach you some things. I am sure you will like it
To Excellence through Diligence.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Oh i will.If he can make the time.. :D