Car Camping Trip

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Car Camping Trip

Post by TC » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Got it Brihaji... :D

Heart and soul...

Regards

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 pm

slingshot wrote:
xl_target wrote:Slingshot,
A trip to the forest, a campfire under the stars and haute cuisine in the outdoors.
Where do I sign up? :)
Great photos, sir.

Brihaji, Your numerous talents continue to amaze.
Thank you XL. It was a great weekend. In case you are in Mumbai in the near future, let me know. We can plan a weekend and you are most welcome to join :)
Thank You slingshot.
Maybe, some day, I will have the pleasure of meeting you and the other IFGian Chaku Daku's :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:33 am

Thank you for sharing - slingshot!

Wonderful images, great write up and mouth watering recipes...as also brihacharan-ji's poetry - icing on the cake :D

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 am

very nice guy's, i don't know how i miss this but anyway this is what we call " Jungle Me Mangal "

Baljit

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi Slingshot,
> The rains in Maharashtra have begun to recede leaving the hills & valleys velvet green and also the gushing streams that cascade over the rocky terrain :D
> Truly a sight to behold - and we are only a few hours drive away from Mumbai...
> Now comes the catch...
> After having enjoyed your culinery skills (Rogan Josh) during our earlier meet at your place... I confess - Yeh Dil Maange More :D
> How about a trip down memory lane with the CMG towards the end of the month????
> Better start sharpening your Essee... btw I am no greenhorn at carving meat, dicing, slicing, shredding the veggies... am ready, willing & able to assit you & look over your shoulder to snap your secrets of marinating, sauting, garnishing & what have you :lol:
> CMG - this is an 'alert' - start the buzz - fix the dates & let's start the countdown...
Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:51 am

brihacharan-ji

:lol: LOL!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 am

ckkalyan wrote:brihacharan-ji
:lol: LOL!
CKK,
Baljit & your recent escapade (if I may call it) has set fire under our (you know what!!!) & we are all hopping doing the 'Watsui', which was a rage in the mid sixties :D
BTW - My old girl while doing some spring cleaning prior to Diwali unearthed a 2 lts 'Garrafa' of Port from the attic :D
This was a gift from a colleague who returned from a holiday in Goa - the label says 'mfd - 1990' :D
Plan to uncork this week-end - Rest assured I'll be raising a toast to You & Baljit - SALUD in advance :lol:
Briha

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Slingshot......... lovely pics, and like Amol, my stomach (even after a full, but KFC, lunch) is giving certain signals!

What about a IFG MCMG outing to this or other similarly secluded spot?

A bit of "field target" to whet the appetites?

And by the way, I am getting the sausages on my way home today. Sunday special!!

And folks, can we have an election to appoint Brihaji official balladeer of IFG? His first commission should be to write an anthem for us!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm

essdee1972 wrote: Slingshot...lovely pics, and like Amol, my stomach (even after a full, but KFC, lunch) is giving certain signals!
What about a IFG MCMG outing to this or other similarly secluded spot?
A bit of "field target" to whet the appetites?
And by the way, I am getting the sausages on my way home today. Sunday special!!
And folks, can we have an election to appoint Brihaji official balladeer of IFG? His first commission should be to write an anthem for us!
essdee wrote....

Here's my humble submission :D

"The CMG Anthem'

The moment we met
A bond was forged,
On guns and blades
Our friendship was made.

We will always be together
Come rain or shine,
Sharing common interests
Nothing lost but everything gained.

Our love for life is not fame & glory
It’s of sharing & caring all through,
Be it food, wine and laughter
Being together is all that matters.

We live the life we love
And love the life we live,
It's the unwritten code of CMG
Honoring the pledge of RKKA and of IFG!

Briha

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Brihaji.....that.....is.....awesome!!!!!!!!

Now for music to sing it to! Don't tell us you are an old hand at composing, too (I won't be surprised at anything after seeing you converse in French with the guy at Decathlon!!).

This is to be sung with upraised glasses in raucous voices (watch the movie "Flyboys", it's about Escadrille Lafayette, a French formation in WW1, manned by American pilots).
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Brihaji....An Anthem of Distinction SIR! And we must plan a camping trip soon. November is good. Crisp air, great barbeque, some ancient malts :) And CMG .... unbeatable combination under the stars :)
There is no downside to Freedom!

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:55 am

brihacharan wrote:CKK,
Baljit & your recent escapade (if I may call it) has set fire under our (you know what!!!) & we are all hopping doing the 'Watsui', which was a rage in the mid sixties :D
BTW - My old girl while doing some spring cleaning prior to Diwali unearthed a 2 lts 'Garrafa' of Port from the attic :D
This was a gift from a colleague who returned from a holiday in Goa - the label says 'mfd - 1990' :D
Plan to uncork this week-end - Rest assured I'll be raising a toast to You & Baljit - SALUD in advance :lol:
Briha
Thank you very much brihacharan-Ji

Salud, Salud I am sure the 1990 vintage, 2 liter Carafe of Goan Port will last you - all of sixty minutes! ROTFL
:cheers:
Smack! I can already feel the dessert-ed effect of this most excellent Port!