Hunting in India

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:41 pm

Oye this is getting too syrupy jesus next you guys will be scripting a karan johar movie. Go touch metal you all and start shaving with your bowies again. ;-)

Salaam from my bended knee.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:20 pm

On my knee, am a man of peace.Will shave with my bowie tomorrow and Dev, you can handle the plastic surgeons bill?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:19 pm

You don't need one Asif ;-). Though a face pack might just do. Har ...har...cough.

Regards,

Dev
eljefe";p="5385 wrote: On my knee, am a man of peace.Will shave with my bowie tomorrow and Dev, you can handle the plastic surgeons bill?
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:18 am

one rose water and turmeric pack coming up-is this waht TOI calls a metrosexual? ;)

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Hunting in India

Post by Grumpy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:49 am

I`m beginning to think that talking in abbreviations must be a doctor thing - `TOI` ?
`Metrosexual` ? Someone who has a lot a sexual partners ? Someone who only fancies `townies` ? Someone who likes sex on the Underground Railway ? ( That`d be the French version. )

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:03 am

Grumpy";p="5422 wrote:I`m beginning to think that talking in abbreviations must be a doctor thing - `TOI` ?
`Metrosexual` ? Someone who has a lot a sexual partners ? Someone who only fancies `townies` ? Someone who likes sex on the Underground Railway ? ( That`d be the French version. )

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Man just can't stop laughing .. :)

People around my cube are giving me more weird looks now....

Grumpy TOI is Times of INDIA and Metrosexual is someone with cigarette thin legs, loads of grease in his hairs, perfectly shaped eyebrows etc. That’s the term what TOI use for that kinda guys :mrgreen:

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:05 am

Times of India-thats for us Delhi types Grumpy, apologies.talking in abbreviations is an old delhi thing-CP, connaught place, VK-vasant kunj and many etc's
Yeah, metrosexual is a term coined by TOI-(There i go again) for the circa 2006 males who cries openly, goes thru facials, eyebrow shaping, chest hair waxing, lacquers the nails after a manicure and is still in the throes of manhood. Hoo man, way to go.
So the french are at it again, eh? ;)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:10 am

And this started as a 'Hunting in india ' thread-Zounds!guttered again!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:37 am

Ah, the sort that is ( often euphemistically ) referred to in Western media as `being in touch with his female side`. Although the eyebrow plucking rather suggests the euphemistic variant rather than the `modern man`.
The `Cigarette thin` legs must be an Indian thing.
Asif, are you one of those doctors who, when speaking to a patient, has to take a nurse along to act as translator ? Or are all New Delhi residents hip to the ( abbreviated ) jive talk ?
OR are you the type who, like one of the young doctors that we consulted in NY State, when he came to give us his diagnosis did so whilst talking into his dictaphone ........ The diagnosis and his notes being one and the same. Very distracting. That guy was hyper.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:54 pm

Asif, are you one of those doctors who, when speaking to a patient, has to take a nurse along to act as translator ? Or are all New Delhi residents hip to the ( abbreviated ) jive talk ?

Grumpy,
I did need a translator initially-to get through the rough hewed Jat accent common here.Not all my patients are 'metro'
Most dilli wallah's are comfortable with the abbreviated lingo..which reminds me, time to go-ior I'll get the DT's ;)

Best
Axx

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:03 am

Chaps,

Grateful if you would take the irrelevant posts to PM.

Mack The Knife

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Himachal Govt has give notification to allow nilgai hunting,

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 649354.cms

Any of the Bros has any lead on this

DAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DAN » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:49 pm

"The government had on March 2 issued the notification that since these animals were destroying crops and causing losses to farmers, they should be CULLED."
I wonder Culled in what way???

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:44 pm

culled means to control the animal population, this is not hunting :D
its a technical term for hunting ROTFL
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

DAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DAN » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:41 pm

LOL!! :lol: Nice way to disguise the word "HUNT" this way :stupid:
ROTFL