American hunter kills world record Rocky Mountain goat in BC

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

American hunter kills world record Rocky Mountain goat in BC

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 am

American hunter kills world record Rocky Mountain goat in B.C.’s Stikine River area
Postmedia News : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:44 PM
Troy Sheldon;of Alexandria;Kentucky;poses with the record-breaking Rocky Mountain goat he shot in the Stikine River area of B.C. Oct. 8;2011.

A man from Kentucky has bagged the biggest Rocky Mountain goat on record.

According to Eldon Buckner, spokesman for the U.S.-based Boone and Crockett Club, the goat shot on Oct. 8, 2011, in the Stikine River area scored 57 and four eighths Boone and Crockett points, creating a new world record.

Buckner said Troy M. Sheldon, of Alexandria, Kentucky, shot the goat on the seventh day of a hunt with friend Carey Renner and guide Heidi Gutfrucht, of Northwest Ranching and Outfitting.

Sheldon killed the goat with a single shot from his Tikka T3 .270 rifle. The goat was across a ravine about 300-metres from the shooter.

The Boone and Crockett Club’s scoring system has been used since 1906 to measure horn size, symmetry and mass.

Buckner said more than a thousand Rocky Mountain goats from Alaska to Nevada have met the minimum Boone and Crockett score of 47. But by far the most entries (541) have come from British Columbia.

“British Columbia continues to set the standard for Rocky Mountain goats,” Buckner said. “The province remains home to more than half of the world’s population and trophy-class specimens have been trending upward each decade since the 1970s.”

Sheldon will be invited to include his trophy in a public exhibition held as part of Boone and Crockett’s 28th Awards Program in Reno, Nev., next year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hxxp://www.globaltvbc.com/american+hunter+kill ... story.html
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: American hunter kills world record Rocky Mountain goat i

Post by timmy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:59 am

That is sure enough one big billy goat!

There must be something up there in BC that those goats like, and enables them to get so large.

I find it interesting that he used what everyone knows is an obsolete and, compared to all the new whiz-bang cartridges, the 270!

(for those who don't know me, I am a 270 owner and user and this is a sarcastic comment)
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:21 am

A single 300 yard shot with a .270 on something that big! Good placement!
Thanks for posting that Haji.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 am

Here in BC you can find all most all the wild life in record , it's just matter of time when and where.

Last year just before hunting season i spot a blond bear from around 600 yards and i am very much sure that bear over 10 feet but when hunting seasons open i can't find him again.i know it's not a record but over 10 feet bear is a really good trophy on the the wall.

This is really good Rocky Mountain goat and good record trophy, i am sure hunter pay may be more then $ 10.000 for this trophy.

Thank's Haji

Baljit

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:55 am

Oh man!

*mouth watering*

Imagine the amount of biryani we could make with this one! Sigh! :)
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 pm

supershaji wrote:Oh man!

*mouth watering*

Imagine the amount of biryani we could make with this one! Sigh! :)
Kufta would be a better use for a billy that big and old. :)

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Oh yeah! Party all night! Burp!
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

imtnzb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by imtnzb » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 am