King George's hunting trip to Nepal

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

King George's hunting trip to Nepal

Post by Vikram » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:47 am

Found it on AR.

http://anulib.anu.edu.au/subjects/ap/di ... igers.html

About 50 B&W pics. About 39 tigers and 18 Rhinos were shot.All the beasts were taken in the utmost sporting manner, surrounded by elephants with the brave gentlemen hunters perched on them.A bygone era.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: King George's hunting trip to Nepal

Post by art_collector » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:16 am

:D AMAZING.........wish they had also taken pictures of the firearms used...that wud have been a treat to see.
Shikar pictures/albums have always been in demand in India and collectors (excludes me :lol: )pay quite fancy prices to lay their hands on them.

AC

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:20 am

Vikram. You are forgetting the most sporting part of it all. After the animal was surrounded there would be 25 -30 people firing along with the VVIP Hunter giving the animal no chance what so ever and then they would say in one voice " Excellent shot your Highness or Excellency as the case would be.'

Cheers.

Arindam.
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:36 pm

great pics
am always a sucker for old shikar pics
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:27 pm

HH King George V was a phenomenal shot. In Rajasthan he shot 5 tigers with a 30-06 rifle in a spate of 10 minutes during a beat, each bullet placed carefully on the neck just behing the ear.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:29 pm

And look it is nothing to be ashamed of. If I could afford and command 4,000 people to be my servants on a Tiger shoot I would love to do that. You are the supreme commander, the Emperor and for an Emperor what else but these royal shoots. It befits a king.