Planning a road trip from Mumbai to Delhi and back

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Planning a road trip from Mumbai to Delhi and back

Post by Katana » Wed May 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Shooter and Mundaire,

You guys are pretty much right. Before the 4 lane highway came up (which is fairly recent) it was common for people to carry arms. Driving on that road at night is still a no no. Same applies for the Udaipur-Ranakpur-Pali-Jodhpur road. Last month 2 entire busloads of 'baraatis' were looted!

I know of a person from near Abu who would carry his .375 rifle regularly in his Jeep Commander on this road. Must ask him if he still does, although he has swapped the Commander for a Tucson.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

For Advertising mail webmaster
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri May 18, 2012 7:08 pm

mundaire wrote:
shooter wrote:try to avoid the round around udaipur-mt. abu at night.

(disclaimer: this tip and info is 7-8 yrs old but was accurate then)
Bhils?
Im not sure its in the spirit of the law to ask such questions or to answer them. :wink:
But lemme just say it doesnt take a rocket sientist to figure it out.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi friend I started it , then vanished,
Really sorry for this,
the Mumbai Delhi road is so good that you dont get a strory. It a plain Driving.
I did it twise . but it was a plain driving , nothing of much importance to IFG.
Afterall Delhi is also a home for me not a touriest place.

But I plan to hit the road again and this time , will try to write a traveloguge.

Regards.