• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

The Man Eaters of Tsavo

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
xl_target

The Man Eaters of Tsavo

Postby xl_target » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:50 pm

The Maneaters of Tsavo; even after all these years the subject has not lost ists fascination.
Interest in the subject had been revived with the 1996 movie called "The Ghost and the Darkness"

I found this video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSZX5jYf4AA

I also found this. It seems to be an audio narration of the book by COlonel JH Patterson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kbrgs8Brj4

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
pistolero

Re: The Man Eaters of Tsavo

Postby pistolero » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 am

I love the Movie, watched it innumerable times :)

"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

thesinfulsaint

Postby thesinfulsaint » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:13 am

Awesome movie. Watched it in the cinema with full sound effects quite a few years back. Quite a thriller. One of Val Kilmer better movies.

Best was when he has the Lion in his sights and the borrowed rifle goes “click”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Saint

shooter50

Postby shooter50 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:30 pm

An extremely interesting and colorful personality Col J H Patterson. Those of us who are fond of hunting stories may have read Ernest Hemmingways classic African tale - "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber". Well the story is based on Col Pattersons personal life. The Wikipedia link refers to it in an oblique sort of way.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_Patterson_(author).

SMJ

Postby SMJ » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Great movie! Douglas's character was mostly fictional - based very loosely on a real life character called Ryall

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vikram

Postby Vikram » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Fascinating stuff. They are said to have developed their taste for human flesh from the bodies left by the slave traders.

It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

SMJ

Postby SMJ » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:19 pm

From what I read in a short story of the events the rumour was the lions were the spirit's of 2 local tribal chiefs long dead and who were against the railway line being laid.
Don't know if that's in the book though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “Hunting, Hiking, Camping, Fishing & other Fresh Air Activities”