The Demigod's nemesis

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: The Demigod's nemesis

Post by sudhaiob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 am

A real twist to the tale
regs
sudhaiob

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 am

shooter wrote: The forests haven’t been razed yet, the rivers not yet poisoned. The
tiger is still the king of the forest and the streams still clear, their water potable and teeming with fish and inhabited with thousands of waterfowl.
Ah! In such a land, My Good Lord, Let my Son Walk.

Nice tale Shooter.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:49 pm

I did not see that coming,Shooter.

Great story. I gather that "Deva" is inspired from a real life character?Is that so? If he is/was, is there a photograph of him?

Thank you once again for writing this anecdote for us to enjoy.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:39 pm

dear vikram this is a real character, not an inspiration and its his real name. This story is also real. there must be a pic in our old family hunting albums in india, will look for it when im there next.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm

:)
Had read this one before.
On your blog "Shikarcamp".

Kumarnishith
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kumarnishith » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Dear Shooter,
It was way too much suspense for me..your narration style is really fascinating and enthralling...What makes it so wonderful is your eye for little details..couldn't thank Prashant jee much for directing me to your blog "shikarcamp" ...amazing collection of anecdotes from yesteryear...I am totally hooked to it now..I am sure if you publish your collection of anecdotes, it's going to be a runaway success..I am sure gonna be the first person to buy your book...keep it up the good work...
-Nishith

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks nishith. I am glad you liked it. I will be regularly putting up more stories. Currently working on "the worst shot in asia". look out for it soon.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 pm

xl_target wrote: LOL! Poor guy.
> Yeah! The poor guy literally got his steam let out ROTFL
> He probably thought "It was the Whistling Ghost" of one of his quarries come to stalk him as a revenge :twisted:
Briha

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:19 pm

A big SHABASH to you Shooter for an excellent piece of literature well executed.

Your words transported me back to an India that is sadly rapidly disappearing and unprotected.

Thank You

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 am

Coming from yo skeetshot, it is a compliment indeed, i am honored.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:25 am

Yes there are less and less folks with such magnificent attitude and physique but there is another angle to this. How shooter's elders treated this fella with respect and camaraderie possible under that hierarchy. I saw my elders, grandfather and uncles treat such folks with respect and honor and in return they received and commanded absolute respect and sincerity of these common folks. It was a two way street and now unfortunately this goodwill and manners are disappearing. I cringe when I see youngsters treat their helpers with no respect and as servile.

Cheers

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:34 am

Ngrewal yo nailed it.
This is a topi i wanted to talk about in detail but somehow the shikarcamp blog is not appropriate for the same.
My new blog on socio-political issues is underway and this topic (tentatively titled as Pat-Patron-patronising) will feature in it.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:43 am

Pressure Cooker ??? No wonder demigod's "prestige" was put to task. :-)

But then thinking about it, there's not much difference in a pressure cooker and the wife... at least over here. :lol:

Good twist in the tale though - keep 'em coming.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Excellent writeup, Shooter!!

Poor chap, Deva! It happens to the best of us - some new technology totally gives you hell! Just like a ledger pushing accountant facing his first excel sheet!! Except that Deva being Deva, the incident was pretty "violent"!!

Will check out your blog soon.

And as for the social part of it, I once had a whole bunch of people say "How could you....." for having a beer alongwith my driver!!! In their opinion, drivers are not good enough for "people like us" to have beers with!!! (and no, he wasn't going to drive after that beer).
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley