HONOURARY MEMBERS OF TIME WASTERS CLUB

Comments and ratings about buyers and sellers, in the "Buy/ Sell" section.
Forum rules
Please use "Positive"or "Negative", and name of the buyer or seller with whom you've dealt, in the subject title.
gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: HONOURARY MEMBERS OF TIME WASTERS CLUB

Post by gunrunner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:48 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
winnie_the_pooh wrote:Why do I get this feeling that all those in favour are the ones who are using this forum merely to sell their stuff and have nothing else to contribute.

IFG is not a shop. How about black listing members who post goods for sale and then do not respond to members queries?I am sure there are some who do that.How about the post in which a dealer/member had posted about a Remington BDL for sale and then did not respond.

How about throwing out commercial sellers?
Absolutely agree with you, WTP

There are many here with post count=0 coz they only post in sales section

BTW I propose a club for extra charging sellers also who advertise things at exorbitant prices then have cheek to start threads to complain about tire kickers :roll:

If you try to sell your wares at those kinds of prices then you should only worry about tire kickers what IFG have to do with it? You are given a facility to sell your wares for free, you want IFG to take care of your dealings also? What do you think IFG has taken “theka” to run your shop?

Take care of your dealings yourself and if a deal goes sour complain to webmaster at the rate indiansforguns.com, member will be asked for a clarification and if found guilty will be punished accordingly. Do not expect anything more.

-Inder (Member of IFG)
Hi Inder,
Where does IFG come in the picture to take a Theka or take care of dealings of sellers of any sort.What iam trying to put across is a stop to the menace of bank data collection that's all.
Tire kickers are welcome but only to the stage of inquiry not upto peoples bank accounts.
"Member will be asked for clarification and guilty will be punished accordingly"-thats what i was looking for,some mechanism to stop this nuiscance.
Happy Gunning
Regards
GR

For Advertising mail webmaster
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi Gunrunner,

I guess it is out of your own free will that you are giving the banking details to your perspective buyer. I dont get how mods can help you out in this.

I would suggest that you go with Nagarifle's suggestion of giving out the details of an account which does not have online banking facility.

HydNawab
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Subal das wrote:
gunrunner wrote:Hi eljefe,
I never said that IFG should be involved in the actual trading.
What i said was that could/should IFG do something to keep away such people (who have nefarious intentions)from the forum.
Regards
GR
call down if you going to keep steering shait you will be the first one on the way out, just a friendly advice
Hi Subal Das,
Thankyou for your kindly and friendly advice. :)
Happy Gunning
GR

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Oooh.. here comes the internet nut swinging... didnt take long for this to go south. :cheers:

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:10 pm

HydNawab wrote:Hi Gunrunner,

I guess it is out of your own free will that you are giving the banking details to your perspective buyer. I dont get how mods can help you out in this.

I would suggest that you go with Nagarifle's suggestion of giving out the details of an account which does not have online banking facility.

HydNawab
Asher Bhai,
I have already set up a very basic account for the same.
How Mods can help??? if a member is constantly regularly doing this MODS can surely ask for a clarification.
Agreed that account details given on own free will,but on the other hand if the buyer doesnt want to buy the product why ask for bank details???
regards
GR

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:13 pm

GR: People change their minds. How many times have you gone into a shop to buy something and have changed your mind. This stuff happens everywhere.
My dealing on other boards have generally been good, but that is not to say I havent been scammed either.
One rolls with the punches so to say.. :cheers:

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Risk is inherent in all transactions.

When one is selling goods at such high premiums, they must accept the bad with the good.

I am not saying that because you make good profit you deserve to be cheated. You must take precautions against the occasional few incidents. Stop cribbing and carry on.

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:23 pm

MoA wrote:GR: People change their minds. How many times have you gone into a shop to buy something and have changed your mind. This stuff happens everywhere.
My dealing on other boards have generally been good, but that is not to say I havent been scammed either.
One rolls with the punches so to say.. :cheers:
Hi MOA,
Once is a chance,twice is a coincidence,three times is undoubtedly an enemy action.
Happy Gunning
GR

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bruno22 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Its pretty simple to make a 'paypal' account. You need a valid credit card for that. All payments in India and abroad can be done with that and all the seller needs to give is his paypal account name like '[email protected]' and that's it. No need for any personal details like bank account numbers. This is neat and clean. If you receive the payment ship the goods. Hope this helps solve the problem cause it can become quite serious if someone does any tom foolery.
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Thankyou for your suggestion Bruno.
But is paypal still operating in India???
Last i heard was paypal had suspended India operations.
Happy Gunning
GR

nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nash » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Couldn't agree with u more winnie the pooh!!!
"I would rather be hated for who I am..
Than be loved for who I am not"

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bruno22 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Yes it is. You register and it charges u $0.99 to confirm your card is working. After that they return the $0.99 on your first transaction. It's linked directly to your Indian 'International credit card' like visa or master-card. The same card you use in India and abroad. After that you can pay and receive payments. I have done payments of up to $200 to friends in the states for shipping me stuff. I have not received any payments yet but I don't think that should be a problem. Amarendra could shed some light on that as he accepts payments via 'paypal'
regards
B
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 pm

I think only one rule needs to be incorporated here ...

.. anyone is free to change their mind anytime - but courtesy demands that the decision has to be conveyed/intimated to the seller.

As a matter of abundant caution banking details should be sought (and given) only when you are ready to make payment - as in ready to make the payment immediately on receipt of banking details.

For chronic cases - you can either refuse to trade - or ask for a DD.

Lastly - there is VERY LITTLE anyone can do with just a bank account number. Lets not get carried away with the conspiracy theories. :lol:

BUYER and SELLER -- BEWARE!!
Last edited by kb100 on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:44 pm

gunrunner wrote: Hi Inder,
Where does IFG come in the picture to take a Theka or take care of dealings of sellers of any sort.What iam trying to put across is a stop to the menace of bank data collection that's all.
Tire kickers are welcome but only to the stage of inquiry not upto peoples bank accounts.
"Member will be asked for clarification and guilty will be punished accordingly"-thats what i was looking for,some mechanism to stop this nuiscance.
Happy Gunning
Regards
GR
Have you even informed MODS about the said member even once before starting this thread?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 pm

kb100 wrote:I think only one rule needs to be incorporated here ...

.. anyone is free to change their mind anytime - but courtesy demands that the decision has to be conveyed/intimated to the seller.

As a matter of abundant caution banking details should be sought (and given) only when you are ready to make payment - as ready to make the payment immediately on receipt of banking details.

For chronic cases - you can either refuse to trade - or ask for a DD.

Lastly - there is VERY LITTLE anyone can do with just a bank account number. Lets not get carried away with the conspiracy theories. :lol:

BUYER and SELLER -- BEWARE!!
Hi KB100,
:agree:
Happy Gunning
GR

-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:10 am --
kanwar76 wrote:
gunrunner wrote: Hi Inder,
"Member will be asked for clarification and guilty will be punished accordingly"-thats what i was looking for,some mechanism to stop this nuisance.
Happy Gunning
Regards
GR
Have you even informed MODS about the said member even once before starting this thread?
I dint want any action against him,all that was/is intended is to make him change his way of dealing on the forum,thats all.
If i had any ulterior motive/intention i would have mentioned his name(like striker did about Ticky),dint want to embarass him on the forum.
Informing MODS would have meant a warning issued to himor something else-which wasnt the intention.
Thats also the reason i kept asking can MODS help in anyway to end this practice.Not knowing in what way MODS would intervene,because a sale and purchase is not the responsibility of the MODS or IFG
GR