Feedback on Ticky - Neutral

Comments and ratings about buyers and sellers, in the "Buy/ Sell" section.
Forum rules
Please use "Positive"or "Negative", and name of the buyer or seller with whom you've dealt, in the subject title.
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Feedback on Ticky - Neutral

Post by striker » Thu May 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Ticky a Ifg member from bangalore enquired for a buy and after few negotiations through PM he agreed for buying and very well extracted the banking details from me in the name of fund transfer and weeks have gone and i mailed 2-3 times mailed him for update but no reply .. i have no mail in my out box so i have considered that he have read all my request mails and just ignored , very disappointing attitude .
so people in general if you wish to buy shoot your Pm to buyer else just don't :twisted: .
Last edited by striker on Sun May 30, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Feedback on Ticky - Beware

Post by nagarifle » Thu May 27, 2010 9:22 pm

this kind of thing is not the first time to happen, one needs to have a separate account for ifg etc, which should only have 1k or so at any one time.

its time a data base is made for these kind of people. so one never have to deal with them.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

meow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by meow » Thu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm

thats crazy!! atleast he could have told u. has it been more than a month?

happyhunter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by happyhunter » Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 pm

:shock: :shock: :evil:
Beware that you do not lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. Aesop fables(ca.550BC)

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Sat May 29, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Striker,
You have done the right thing by bringing this to notice of members .
Ever IFG member should come forward and name such people who are scheeming to misuse our/our account details in the name of purchases.
I have gone through this many many times.As a precautionary measure i maintain a very basic account which has no phone/tele/net banking facility that can be misused.
Would advise all members to be very careful when giving out banking details.
By the way what was his name TICKY or TRICKY. :wink:
Regards

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat May 29, 2010 10:44 am

I have been rather fortunate in most (but not ALL!) of my internet transactions, but one thing I rather insist on is a telephone number and have a conversation with the person about whatever item. If the person does not want to share a telephone number and discuss it with me then I look elsewhere. It is a good way of getting a feel for the other person and whether or not they are sincere.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 pm

striker wrote: Ticky a Ifg member from bangalore enquired for a buy and after few negotiations through PM he agreed for buying and very well extracted the banking details from me in the name of fund transfer and weeks have gone and i mailed 2-3 times mailed him for update but no reply .. i have no mail in my out box so i have considered that he have read all my request mails and just ignored , very disappointing attitude .
so people be cautious with these types peoples who extracts the banking details :twisted: .
EXCUSE ME Striker and everybody else who have contributed to this topic!

Have I cheated you in any way? I come from a very reputed and wealthy family from Bangalore and there is no reason for me make money out of you people in this fashion. I have earlier dealt with IFG members like Jonahpach and Amjad Ahmad and even with gunaccessory.com and you can contact them to find out my dealings with them. The reason I backed out from buying the rifle scope from you is because there was a long discussion going on in IFG regarding the leagality of owning rifle scopes during the same time. The fact still remains that I am still very eager in owing one. And Mr. Striker, since have not cheated you in any way, I don't think I deserve this at all and feel this topic which you have started was a very unneccessary one. :oops:

Regards,
Ticky

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat May 29, 2010 12:50 pm

striker wrote: Ticky a Ifg member from bangalore enquired for a buy and after few negotiations through PM he agreed for buying and very well extracted the banking details from me in the name of fund transfer and weeks have gone and i mailed 2-3 times mailed him for update but no reply .. i have no mail in my out box so i have considered that he have read all my request mails and just ignored , very disappointing attitude .
so people be cautious with these types peoples who extracts the banking details :twisted: .
A deal not going through is not a good enough reason to cast aspersions on another members character...personally I think an apology would be in order...

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 pm

if a deal is off then the buyer should inform the seller and an apology should be given for the inconvenience caused. that how any deal should be conducted. so both party leave happy,

there is noting worse when one has given all the details etc and one party remains silent for long time.

if the forum is discussing and item being legal or illegal, make sure one has ones facts, for everything on the forum is not perfect as lots of info is given and one needs to shift through it to get the gist of the matter.

as for the record, i do sell on the forum, and for the record few have taken my bank details and never came back to say the deal is off. this kind of behaviour does leave a bed taste in the mouth.

buyer has every right not to buy but manner and courtesy demands, that one should be informed of change of mind, (by both parties)
Nagarifle

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Sat May 29, 2010 1:48 pm

My sincere appologies! But I am still unsure. :roll:

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat May 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Have I cheated you in any way? I come from a very reputed and wealthy family from Bangalore and there is no reason for me make money out of you people in this fashion.

Ticky we get your point but the above statement means nothing. Reputed family and wealth mean nothing re: someons greed and honesty.
Im sure you are not as reputable as our cabinet ministers nor as rich as them does this mean they are more honest/scruplous etc?.

And please explain the use of the term "you people". Though i wasnt involved in this thread, i find this use objectionable.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat May 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Striker what information regarding your bank account have you shared with ticky. I hope you must have told him your account number only and that does not make you vulnerable to any kind of risk. And regarding non completion of transaction of buying and selling , do not feel bad because being a seller you should be ready to face such people who just ask for price and in some cases they bargain the price also but do not end up buying the stuff. So cool down .
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat May 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Nagarifle sums it up well. Courtesy calls for prompt communication whether one is buying or selling. One asks for bank details with the sole intention of making payment for item/s one has promised to purchase.Lack of motive to cheat or absence of any harm done does not factor in here.An agreement to buy an item is breached and that is what it is essentially about.Familial history,station in life,reputation etc, have little to do with integrity and each person is judged or held accountable based on his/her actions alone.

On those grounds,Ticky, you should have at least voiced your concerns to Striker and excused yourself out of the deal.That at least would have allayed Striker's concerns and allowed him to find an alternative buyer.Your promise to purchase,taking bank details and the silence that followed show that you did not follow up your commitment.You had your reasons of course.

It is nice of you to give your version and also an apology to Striker.A gesture of a gentleman.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat May 29, 2010 6:09 pm

let this end here, :cheers: on me if you can find me.

best to all
Nagarifle

Ticky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ticky » Sat May 29, 2010 7:54 pm

shooter wrote:
Have I cheated you in any way? I come from a very reputed and wealthy family from Bangalore and there is no reason for me make money out of you people in this fashion.

Ticky we get your point but the above statement means nothing. Reputed family and wealth mean nothing re: someons greed and honesty.
Im sure you are not as reputable as our cabinet ministers nor as rich as them does this mean they are more honest/scruplous etc?.

And please explain the use of the term "you people". Though i wasnt involved in this thread, i find this use objectionable.

Shooter!

If you see my post, "you people" here refered to Striker and other members who had contributed against me in this topic. People should not comment on a person without knowing the facts and thats the same reason I have on commented on Tirth's ban in IFG (because I don't know what the truth is even though I don't support the ban. Its only we IFGians who are going to miss out on what Tirths has got to offer). Besides all this, the only details given by Striker was his Bank A/c No., his name and the Branch of the Bank. What can one do with only these details apart from depositing money into it? It is unfair on Striker's part to bring such embarassement on me on an open forum like this. Thank God I have not used my real name on this forum. If I want to create problems for Striker, I could have easily started a topic stating that Striker is doing illegal things by trying to sell rifle scopes on this forum which is a banned item. And after all this, I have appologised to him, but he has'nt done the same.

Regards,
Ticky

NOTE: I also did mention that I was unsure. Unsure of buying a rifle scope or may be waiting for the right moment or even for the right opportunity. What is wrong with that?
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
-- Senator Richard Henry Lee, 1788, on "militia" in the 2nd Amendment