My african safari

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: My african safari

Post by Bespoke » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Sanjay wrote:One side trying to convince the other...this discussion is really going no where,the fact is that till the time hunting was allowed ie circa 89-90 the wild life flourished everything was in abundance....especially the Tiger.
To put it in perspective in 89-90 the Tiger population was around 4500....since the ban in 89-90 the same is down to 1400

Tiger hunting in 89-90 :shock: :shock:

you could have saved your self from being :oops: but even there looks like you screwed up

hmmm dont worry I am not going to take the bait
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Prashant

The ban on hunting the Tiger was imposed in 1970,it was presumed that all on this thread discussing the pros and cons of hunting were aware of it....else they shouldnt be debating it.... bet 1970 and 1990 the population of the Tiger only increased since regulated hunting off other animals was allowed.

It is a well known fact the world over that hunters are the best conservators...controlled and sustainable hunting is good for the eco system,it maintains the balance.... and is the only way forward to protect wild life including endangered species,this apart from educating and including the native infantry who have a very important role to play.

Off course in our context the anti’s ...don’t buy this argument and since 1990 once the total ban came into force the results are for all to see.

-- Wed Nov 10, 2010 17:25 --
Bespoke wrote:
Sanjay wrote:One side trying to convince the other...this discussion is really going no where,the fact is that till the time hunting was allowed ie circa 89-90 the wild life flourished everything was in abundance....especially the Tiger.
To put it in perspective in 89-90 the Tiger population was around 4500....since the ban in 89-90 the same is down to 1400

Tiger hunting in 89-90 :shock: :shock:

you could have saved your self from being :oops: but even there looks like you screwed up

hmmm dont worry I am not going to take the bait

Hey Bespoke

:lol: cant get over this one...you could have come up with something more original in your reply,rather than copy paste my own post from another thread.....

:lol: Nope I didnt screw up ...it's just that I expected that you wouldnt be able to read between the lines....it's a way out of your league :lol:
Last edited by Risala on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bespoke » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Thank you for your advice and your thoughts Sanjay LOL
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

357 S&W
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 357 S&W » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 am

Rajat wrote:Shooter,

Thanks for the explanation. My apologies for being rash. No hard feelings.

Sincerely,
Rajat
Dear Rajat and my fellow IFG friends,
I guess there are two sides of the coin in the conversation effort, what Rajat says I respect that and what the other hunters like me say I respect that too. The common end goal is to help the wildlife thrive and as long as that is done we are happy. Please if you have time have a look at this site
http://www.thankyouforhunting.com This is the part we hunters play in conversation of wildlife and on the other hand we have friends of wildlife like Rajat ( its an example and I do not want to be personal) where we have clubs like WWF.
Let the wild prevail
:cheers:

Stress is the stimulant for Creativity

xp860923
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by xp860923 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:15 pm

:D Wooowwww, you keep the Lepoud as your pet ?
that is crazy !!!!!!!

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 pm

xp860923 wrote::D Wooowwww, you keep the Lepoud as your pet ?
that is crazy !!!!!!!
Dear xp860923 ,
Those are African Cheetahs not leopards.
and they are not mine......though I wish they were.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:38 pm

"LIVE n LET LIVE"

we should preserve these creatures for our grand sons n their grand sons to

today Homo sapience-sapience has evolved at the stage of absolute dominance............. none of other species can compite with him

HSS (homo sapience sapience) wants to dominate over ALL

lets preserve other species for our grand children

Regards

pritam patel from Ahmedabad
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 pm

PRITAM PATEL wrote:"LIVE n LET LIVE"

today Homo sapience-sapience has evolved at the stage of absolute dominance............. none of other species can compite with him
Regards

Tompkins and Bird claim to have picked up nerve signals akin to screaming from cabbages that were being chopped.
so, don't kill and eat animals , birds or plants.
Live and let live..............intradermal Chlorophyll rules!!

:mrgreen:
round two gentlemen?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:10 pm

hamiclar01 wrote:

Regards

Tompkins and Bird claim to have picked up nerve signals akin to screaming from cabbages that were being chopped.
so, don't kill and eat animals , birds or plants.
Live and let live..............intradermal Chlorophyll rules!!

:mrgreen:

round two gentlemen?
Hamiclar01,
We dont have to go very far from home. Jagdish Chandra Bose showed the effects of external stimuli on plants, many years ago:
Bose's next contribution to science was in plant physiology. He forwarded a theory for the ascent of sap in plants in 1927, his theory contributed to the vital theory of ascent of sap. According to his theory, electromechanical pulsations of living cells were responsible for the ascent of sap in plants.
He was skeptical about the then, and still now, most popular theory for the ascent of sap, the tension-cohesion theory of Dixon and Joly, first proposed in 1894. The 'CP theory', proposed by Canny in 1995,[21] validates this skepticism. Canny experimentally demonstrated pumping in the living cells in the junction of the endodermis.
In his research in plant stimuli, Bose showed with the help of his newly invented crescograph that plants responded to various stimuli as if they had nervous systems like that of animals. He therefore found a parallelism between animal and plant tissues. His experiments showed that plants grow faster in pleasant music and their growth is retarded in noise or harsh sound. This was experimentally verified later on.[citation needed]
His major contribution in the field of biophysics was the demonstration of the electrical nature of the conduction of various stimuli (e.g., wounds, chemical agents) in plants, which were earlier thought to be of a chemical nature. These claims were later proven experimentally by Wildon et al. (Nature, 1992, 360, 62–65). He was also the first to study the action of microwaves in plant tissues and corresponding changes in the cell membrane potential. He researched the mechanism of the seasonal effect on plants, the effect of chemical inhibitors on plant stimuli, the effect of temperature etc. From the analysis of the variation of the cell membrane potential of plants under different circumstances, he deduced the claim that plants can "feel pain, understand affection etc."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagadish_Chandra_Bose

If they were really so concerned about causing pain to other living beings, they wouldn't be alive as they would have precious little to eat.

Maybe it time to define hypocrisy. The definition of hypocrisy
Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocracy
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

sudesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sudesh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:10 am

That is what prashantji has done. The money he paid for the trophies will help breeding those species.
And I am sure Prashantji's grand son one day ll have a great hunting trip there. :D

S........
लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
बाऩध साफा जब गबरू तयार होते.....
देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके.....
और कहते
"काश हम भी जाट होते"......
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for dinner and finding a well-informed, well-armed sheep."

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:28 am

hi Prashant, it's great to see you in a different style. Love these pictures.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Having lived and worked in Africa for many years,
I would take this kind of talk with a big jar of salt.

All African countries are corrupt and mismanaged
as this one and the huge explosion of trophy hunters flocking to Africa from all corners of the world is already threatening many species in Africa.

Money from trophy hunting will do nothing to enable our grand children see wildlife in the wild.
Its a fallacy.

M.

sudesh wrote:

That is what prashantji has done. The money he paid for the trophies will help breeding those species.
And I am sure Prashantji's grand son one day ll have a great hunting trip there. :D

S........
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 am

You seem to have gotten your facts wrong there fantumfan.
To Excellence through Diligence.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:03 am

fantumfan2003 wrote:Having lived and worked in Africa for many years,
I would take this kind of talk with a big jar of salt.

All African countries are corrupt and mismanaged
as this one and the huge explosion of trophy hunters flocking to Africa from all corners of the world is already threatening many species in Africa.

Money from trophy hunting will do nothing to enable our grand children see wildlife in the wild.
Its a fallacy.

M.

sudesh wrote:

S........
FF,
I lived in Africa for a while too. The country that I lived in had no wildlife worth mentioning. We didn't even hear birds chirping in the morning; one of those thing when you wake up and know something is different but you can't put your finger on it. Surprised as I was about the lack of wildlife, I pursued the subject and found that a lot of my preconceived notions were incorrect.

I now live in a country where most of the wildlife conservation programs are a resounding success. It's almost to the point where some of the animals are a nuisance because there are so many of them. Though I'd much rather see that than have them disappear. I have found that Animal Conservation is a science and its application is not ruled by feelings.

As Safarigent mentions, there are many facts that support the hypothesis that Hunters are the ones who actually PAY for conservation and not the tree huggers/bird watchers and card carrying PITA types. In fact, in many cases, they are about the only ones who pay for conservation.

Cheers!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:23 am

The reasons why trophy hunting and conservation minded hunters will not contribute to conservation in Africa or India is that there is lack of good and honest governance.

A country, I forget which, allows you to hunt an African lion for USD 10000. There was also a thread on one of the hunting forums of a PH asking a hundred thousand Euros for a lion that had a nice dark mane like Cape lions. A rich American hunter took out a really large leopard in Namibia with the help of a local PH and both were blasted on the www for posting pics.

In all cases the money earned from some foreign trophy hunter will not end up in that country's coffers but in some unnamed foreign bank account.

Conservation definitely goes for a toss and not even gets a backseat in the house.

Unfortunately most of Africa will go the India way.
Nothing can be done about it by discussing it here.

Africa was, is being and will be plundered by greedy outsiders and insiders till it has been bled white.

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai