My african safari

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

My african safari

Post by prashantsingh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:29 am

Hi guys, as promised, here are some of my african safari pics:

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: My african safari

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

wow man some nice pussy cat you got there. what the story?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

dilip
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dilip » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:57 am

hi,
superb sir gr8 to see u with the big cats.

Sid
Powale Arms Repaires and Dealer Mumbai

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:59 am

Nice pics Prashant, Are your trophies in INDIA now? Can you please share pics of the mountings?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

shoot to kill
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shoot to kill » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:10 pm

superb trophy congrats on ur kill. wats the over all package cost, n which safari or lodges u were in can u give the details please... what formalities u went through...

Cheers :cheers:
Mr S.M.Nawab

I work to live,
I live to Shoot.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Enjoyed the photograph of the cat. What was the deer you shot?
Regards

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Lovely.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Great pics prashant.
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:55 pm

good to see u hydnawab. longtime no see.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:02 pm

:cpix: :cpix: ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
How about posting on something like picasa and sharing the link.
Keep it coming.

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Thats a Blessbok. The person sitting next to me is the skinner. Yes, I have got shoulder mounts done by the taxidermist . I also shot an Impala , Springbok and Steenbok which are now hanging in my house. In my post "hunting abroad" a few members have criticised "hunting". I personally feel it is a matter of choice. (Somewhat like one chooses to be a vegetarian or a nonvegetarian.) In some places they have put the hunter and the poacher at par with each other. Yes the poacher and the hunter are both killers. But the basic difference (apart from the legal aspect and the ethics which I have talked about in detail there) is that "The poacher kills for meat" while the Hunter hunts for the "Trophy". All the animals I shot were big males. Some had probably crossed their breeding age . A poacher on the other hand would shoot anything which he came across....be it a baby , a female or an immature male. Today whenever I look at my trophies I feel a sense of satisfaction. They remind me of every moment I spent in the "savanna" and the lovely time I had there. I also feel that when you get the taxidermy done the animal is immortalized, and like a priceless piece of jewellery is passed on from one generation to the other.

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 pm

prashantsingh wrote:Thats a Blessbok. The person sitting next to me is the skinner. Yes, I have got shoulder mounts done by the taxidermist . I also shot an Impala , Springbok and Steenbok which are now hanging in my house. In my post "hunting abroad" a few members have criticised "hunting". I personally feel it is a matter of choice. (Somewhat like one chooses to be a vegetarian or a nonvegetarian.) In some places they have put the hunter and the poacher at par with each other. Yes the poacher and the hunter are both killers. But the basic difference (apart from the legal aspect and the ethics which I have talked about in detail there) is that "The poacher kills for meat" while the Hunter hunts for the "Trophy". All the animals I shot were big males. Some had probably crossed their breeding age . A poacher on the other hand would shoot anything which he came across....be it a baby , a female or an immature male. Today whenever I look at my trophies I feel a sense of satisfaction. They remind me of every moment I spent in the "savanna" and the lovely time I had there. I also feel that when you get the taxidermy done the animal is immortalized, and like a priceless piece of jewellery is passed on from one generation to the other.
:agree:
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:38 am

Prashant: "the poacher kills for meat, the hunter kills for the "Trophy". You could not be more wrong with your definitions. The poacher hunts/kills outside the law, without regard for seasons and regulations. He kills an animal in order to kill, or to utilize but part of it. He hunts were he is forbidden to. He abides by no ethics. He does not care how long the animal suffers. He mainly kills for commercial gain, or the thrill of killing. Yet, there are "poachers" who hunt ethically and do so to feed their families.
The "hunter", on the other hand, abides by law and ethics. He does not waste the meat. If he does not like the venison, he gives it to those that do. He may, or may not, preserve and treasure the trophy. But not doing so, does not make him a poacher. Just as the "trophy" hunter who hunts ethically is not a poacher. Only when his only concern is the trophy, going so far as to kill, or wound, several animals in order to get a bragging size trophy, while wasting the meat, would I put him even below the poacher.
And yes, where the expansion of human populations has destroyed or limited the natural habitat, and intense management of game (and hunting), is required to maintain wild game populations; hunting/culling of females and fawns may be called for if numbers exceed the carrying capacity of the available habitat.

Happy Hunting!

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Dear "Two Rivers",
Please go through the topic "Hunting Abroad". You may find it interesting with lots of different opinions. It would be nice if you could put up some comments there.
You have quoted only a part of what I wrote.....missing out on....."But the basic difference (apart from the legal aspect and the ethics which I have talked about"....

You have mentioned exactly the same things which have already been discussed in "Hunting Abroad".

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Wonderful pictures thanks for sharing

best