My african safari

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
GAURAV SONDHI
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: My african safari

Post by GAURAV SONDHI » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:00 pm

great pics Prashant

-- Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 pm --

great pics Prashant

For Advertising mail webmaster
srswamy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by srswamy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:34 am

Well guys! I'm one among the enthusiasts here, so I believe I too can voice my opinion. All my opinions did not mean to hurt, insult, point, disgrace....anyone. I have been reading posts like shooting stray dogs, shooting owls, pig sticking, hunting tigers, etc etc. I decided to write today, to voice my opinion.
prashantsingh wrote: "The poacher kills for meat" while the Hunter hunts for the "Trophy"
Still -- both kill. Essentially, the factors or the attributes do not justify the act!
prashantsingh wrote: Today whenever I look at my trophies I feel a sense of satisfaction.
Alright, but the same sense of satisfaction can also be achieved by trying to save a life, rather than taking away one forcibly, just for the heck that we have got a gun, bullets and consider ourselves superior to rest of the living kind on this planet. Maybe, the perception should change more from "hunting" towards "life" and the same assured satisfaction can be felt....You still bet?? Try it!
prashantsingh wrote: I also feel that when you get the taxidermy done the animal is immortalized, and like a priceless piece of jewellery is passed on from one generation to the other.
Immortalized?? :?:

Absolutely disagree with this point. I'm sorry to say, but this by any chance, can not be compared with a "jewelry". Its a reminder, that once it was a living thing, with blood, muscle and soul, and has been made like this, life taken out of it, forcefully and the moment was celebrated by capturing it in a photo, just because someone thought it is interesting, or someone thought he has got guns, bullets, money and time in abundance, or to prove our supremacy over them??

Just because I am posting in this post, does not mean it is confined only to this post, but also to the other like-minded posts. Well, there are several "creative" ways of spending your time, showing your valor, passing souvenirs to generations.

Please do not consider any form of "KILLING" as a sport. It is definitely not. The pain of life can only be felt when it happens in person. Nature very well knows how to balance the wild-life and the so called "civilized" forms of life. If people think they are helping by killing the animals, claiming that they are in abundance, then that's something fundamental mis-understanding!!
At times, I stay silent. When I don't speak, it doesn't mean I don't have anything to say and running out of words. It only means that I have better things to do.

pratapvarma31
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pratapvarma31 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 pm

prashanthat great pics-thanks for sharing ..i love to go to africa-- can u suggest me the right season or web address where we can can see the details

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:58 pm

srswamy wrote:Well guys! I'm one among the enthusiasts here, so I believe I too can voice my opinion. All my opinions did not mean to hurt, insult, point, disgrace....anyone. I have been reading posts like shooting stray dogs, shooting owls, pig sticking, hunting tigers, etc etc. I decided to write today, to voice my opinion.
prashantsingh wrote: "The poacher kills for meat" while the Hunter hunts for the "Trophy"
Still -- both kill. Essentially, the factors or the attributes do not justify the act!
prashantsingh wrote: Today whenever I look at my trophies I feel a sense of satisfaction.
Alright, but the same sense of satisfaction can also be achieved by trying to save a life, rather than taking away one forcibly, just for the heck that we have got a gun, bullets and consider ourselves superior to rest of the living kind on this planet. Maybe, the perception should change more from "hunting" towards "life" and the same assured satisfaction can be felt....You still bet?? Try it!
prashantsingh wrote: I also feel that when you get the taxidermy done the animal is immortalized, and like a priceless piece of jewellery is passed on from one generation to the other.
Immortalized?? :?:

Absolutely disagree with this point. I'm sorry to say, but this by any chance, can not be compared with a "jewelry". Its a reminder, that once it was a living thing, with blood, muscle and soul, and has been made like this, life taken out of it, forcefully and the moment was celebrated by capturing it in a photo, just because someone thought it is interesting, or someone thought he has got guns, bullets, money and time in abundance, or to prove our supremacy over them??

Just because I am posting in this post, does not mean it is confined only to this post, but also to the other like-minded posts. Well, there are several "creative" ways of spending your time, showing your valor, passing souvenirs to generations.

Please do not consider any form of "KILLING" as a sport. It is definitely not. The pain of life can only be felt when it happens in person. Nature very well knows how to balance the wild-life and the so called "civilized" forms of life. If people think they are helping by killing the animals, claiming that they are in abundance, then that's something fundamental mis-understanding!!
:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

there we go again......................................................
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

srswamy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by srswamy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm

shooter wrote:there we go again......................................................
Same applies for all these threads too :deadhorse:
At times, I stay silent. When I don't speak, it doesn't mean I don't have anything to say and running out of words. It only means that I have better things to do.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 pm

srswamy wrote:
shooter wrote:there we go again......................................................
Same applies for all these threads too :deadhorse:
Sharp. But I was referring to these threads.

I hope you have voted in the thread "should we allow hunting related posts" and read through it.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

srswamy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by srswamy » Sat May 01, 2010 7:38 pm

shooter wrote:
Sharp. But I was referring to these threads.

I hope you have voted in the thread "should we allow hunting related posts" and read through it.
@Shooter,

Oh!! Sorry, since you had quoted my reply, I thought you're "pro" to this thread! Point very well taken.
No, I haven't read through the post, will do it right away!

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks pratapvarma31.
Sorry to have hurt your feelings srswamy.
By the way, I shoot more with the Camera than with the Rifle.

and if I am not mistaken "hunting" is nothing "New" to the human race. Infact even the primitive man started as a hunter / gatherer before he went on to grow his own crop.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Some more from Prashant..

Cape Buffalo (Bachelor herd)

White Rhino (wonder why they are called White)Image

Unwanted visitor. You surely don't wan't him around when you've had four bottles of beer and are relaxing in the splash pond.

Give way to the King. All yours Sir. Forgive me for trespassing.

Enjoy!!

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue May 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Great pics.Thanks for sharing Prashant/Inder.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed May 26, 2010 2:29 pm

[quote="prashantsingh"]Thanks pratapvarma31.
Sorry to have hurt your feelings srswamy.
By the way, I shoot more with the Camera than with the Rifle.

Hi Prashant,
> Great pictures.
> How true!
> There was a time when looking at a wild animal, the thoughts went to the choice of rifle, the type of ammo & placement
of the shot.
> Now it's what lens, aperture, speed of film & shutter and composition that surfaces on the mind!!!
> Hope you are in synch with me?
Cheers
Brihacharan

hobbyshooter2010
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hobbyshooter2010 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm

hello everybody,

you have another chap who agrees with srswamy, perfectly said.

only a matter of time when the opinion changes.

if not us, lets hope that our kids make the difference.

regards.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu May 27, 2010 12:47 am

hi hobbyshooter,

which part do you agree with?

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 am

Prashant: They are called "white" because the have a broad ,or wide, muzzle, compared to the black rhino; and "wide" is "wait" in Afrikaans. While phonetically spelled in English, the name is Afrikaans. Cheers.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu May 27, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Prashant,
> Great Pic - You with the Cheetah. Reminded me of ...
'Pussy cat, Pussy cat where had you been - Out with uncle Prashant on the veld for a spin'!!!
> Hunting Vs Poaching is a subject that can be debated till the cows come home...and the twain will never meet.
> For those who can't understand the difference - I say "Bandar Kya Jane Adrak ke Swad". Well to each his own.
Cheers
Brihacharan