My african safari

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My african safari

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 am

Hammerhead, what did the poor tiger run into? A poacher with a chainsaw?

Prashantji, nice pics, and very nice trophy. Are the cheetahs so tame that they pose for pics? Cute!

By the way, how much does it cost to hunt in SA? Can you hire guns also? I was tempted enough to save up some moolah for the same.

And for those who are interested, Indian Museum in Kolkata has a fantastic collection of "heads" in their mammal display. Most people miss it, because it is mounted above the doors, at least 10 feet high. The space from that 10 foot level to the ceiling level (maybe 30 foot ceiling?) is full of magnificent heads, all hunted by some Brit or the other, including some Governor Generals! Sadly (like everything else in this country) many of them are in a sad state of disrepair. The museum's budget being hardly enough to pay salaries and power bills!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:23 pm

essdee1972 wrote:
Prashantji, nice pics, and very nice trophy. Are the cheetahs so tame that they pose for pics? Cute!

By the way, how much does it cost to hunt in SA? Can you hire guns also? I was tempted enough to save up some moolah for the same.

!
Yes. Those are pet Cheetahs owned by the land owner. He had 3 of them and you can see the tail of the second one in the corner if you look carefully.
You can get some really great deals if you go for a culling hunt. You will be surprised Culling huts are quite afordable depending on what you want to cull.
Basically one goes for the overall experience. So if it the first time, don't spend a bomb on it.
I went 7 years ago when a $ was at Rs 39/=.

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Hammerhead, what did the poor tiger run into? A poacher with a chainsaw ?!
Those are the body parts of many Tigers being or will be smuggled and surely were poached.

No my point simply is ----- Ignorance, waste, unaccountability, greed, poor sustainable plans and you can keep going on and on.

Has a simple ban on hunting have worked so for or did it ever worked in any country. You can B!TCH on the Goberment as much

you want but any country and all the natural resources belongs to you not goberment, so it's you who are responsible as Pres. Kennedy said!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke