Partial House Cleaning

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Partial House Cleaning

Post by MoA » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 pm

A couple of pics...

Had to check the contents of one of the safes, since the trigger guard of the Cz-452 was showing a little rust..

Here is a part of my collection of random ammo I have collected over the years..

The 9mm stuff is mostly found walking around in the woods and is mostly from WWII of German, British, US origin. The Mauser ammo is the last bit of a semi full can I found. The rest of it went downrange..
The first .50 is interesting because I found both the bullet and the case in seperate fields.

And no I do not own guns in all these calibers, and no I do not own 13 guns. I have more, but couldnt get everything together, plus there are duplicates in models and calibers. .

The silencer on P-22 is very effective, and that is how it stays by my bed. No point in making noise. :twisted:

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Partial House Cleaning

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:01 am

Now THAT, is impressive
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:38 am

MoA

Thats awesome collection some partial arsenal you bud locked and ready

Best

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:26 am

MoA,

Congratulations, an excellent collection this is . It seems to me that you prefer long guns over handguns. A silenced P-22 by the bedside ? Hhmmm ....... interesting ! :)

best,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 am

A nice tidy arsenal there,MOA. If it is not too much to ask, could you please post a few more pics of the guns?Care to tell us what those chubby rimmed cartridges are in the middle? :lol: Thank you.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:49 pm

The chubby cartridges are 45-70 Govt, and 45-50 Govt, the ones next to the various .22 cartridges are 44 Mag and 44-40

I do prefer long guns. In my books a pistol is useful to get to your rifle :mrgreen:

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:40 pm

The silencer on P-22 is very effective, and that is how it stays by my bed. No point in making noise
Moa,

Good thing to have a silencer.Most people don't realize that a firing a gun,even a .22 pistol,in an enclosed area like a room can be deafening.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:50 pm

MoA,
Thats a pretty amazing collection....just about covers everything a person would wanna own....didnt know that laws in Europe were so liberal...
Last edited by Risala on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:53 pm

...er...before the local police raid my humble home on the assumption that I own the arsenal displayed above...a little pointer...please refer to MoA as MoA and not MOA or Moa or moa.... ;)

Thanks!
cc

Great enviable collection I must say MoA :)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:35 pm

drooling........... drooling........ ah :)

Thank you, for what is called A Real Treat For Eyes,

cheers,
tingriman

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Great pics there chief. Thanks for sharing. And since you've said, you've more, awaiting the pics of those beauties too. :)

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 pm

I have to find the keys to the second safe, seem to have kept them a little too safely.. :oops:
Both my savages are switch barrels, so I do change calibers on them very frequently, currently between the 6 mm NBR, .260 Rem, .22-250 and .260 AI, also am waiting on another 6 BR and 6.5x47 Lapua barrel and contemplating a 6 PPC. It takes me about 10-20 mins to change calibers.

In terms of additional guns, there is the SHR 970 currently for sale at the armourers,a couple of handguns, and a couple of rifles, nothing fancy though.
I do not own drillings, H&H shotguns (I do have a BP Muzzle loading 12 GA lying around somewhere though not by anyone famous), or exotic heavy caliber guns. Simple stuff mainly for tactical LR or BR.

Plus with my current schedule I cant shoot very often, and I am having a difficult time justifying everything to the Finance Minister, since each additional acquisition means the gun, dies, brass, powders, primers etc. And complaints that there is too much gun stuff at home. To give you an idea, across calibers I have about 7-10K rounds of ammo, with about half of that being .22 LR of various types.

Here is an old picture of the FMR RS-1
Completely impractical as a gun, wieghs in at 25 lbs, and is for sale as well. The rifle is not very accurate with subsonic ammo, and not very quiet with supersonic.
Another pic, with the mauser and a shooting event I won last year.. With the Mauser, off hand shooting at100 meters. no slings or peep sights allowed.

This is about the best group I have shot
It is .350 inches edge to edge or .107 (about 2mm) center to center @100 meters. Too bad wasnt in competition, and too bad I cant do it consistently :twisted:
Will take some more pics and post soon.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 pm

HO! Nice ! VERY Nice! and here i am lusting after my first F class... Those BP revolvers are pretty interesting.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:44 am

The BP revolvers are all Uberti replica's.
Colt 1860, Remmie 1858, and the Colt Walker. The Walker was reputedly the most powerful handgun until the .357 Mag came out. An original one sold last year for about USD 500K :shock:

I typically shoot 47 odd grains of Swiss BP with a .454 ball or a .452 Conical with a lube wad in my Walker. (The typical load for the other two is roughly half the amount of powder) Will obscure the firing lanes with a couple of shots, and always draws a crowd. Too bad its accurate to minute of barn, but with sufficient kentucky windage I can hit 4x4 Target once every 10 or so shots at 100 meters. Most often shot at 25 meters... lot of fun though.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:58 am

:cpix: WWWOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
That gun show display looks straight from the Commando Movie :D.
I loved it to every lil bit, i jst kept looking at it fr hrs and hoping that some day we might be able to do have something of even 50% of this india ameeen : :wink: