Shooting- Rabbit & a Crow

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Shooting- Rabbit & a Crow

Post by Shamsher » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Hello everybody

The other day I took my 2 kids to my warehouse for some plinking.
Since they are 9 & 7 and still small for the the IHP 25, they have adaped to different styles of holding the gun.
The elder one prefers to hold the butt under the shoulder. His style does not permit him to be consistant

On the other hand the younger one holds it over the shoulder, lines his head well for the sights & is a pretty good shot.

I hope to be taking them for field target plinking in a day or two

And the Rabbit and the Crow they shot at about 12 meters

For Advertising mail webmaster
yash3_great

Re: Shooting- Rabbit & a Crow

Post by yash3_great » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Nice pics Shamsher! Always good to start early, before you know, they will grow tall enough. :)

BTW, yours is the second IHP 25 i saw with a 2 tone stock finish, the first is one I have which was gifted to me. Did it come that way? How old would it be? They don't make the stock like that anymore.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 pm

I am just thinking aloud. What if the stock is cut by a few inches and a bipod stand is fixed to compensate the balance of the gun. This way they will definitely improve the consistency.

Have they tried taking shots resting on a stool or some other "stand"

diskaon.

By the way I must say your younger fellow has a lot of focus and determination in him :-)
klick klack..... diskaon

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:37 pm

hey,
these pics reminded me of my early plinking days.i started with a .177cal IHP when i was that young.i too used to try both styles (stock under and over shoulder)...realy nice pics.
diskaon";p="64847 wrote: I am just thinking aloud. What if the stock is cut by a few inches and a bipod stand is fixed to compensate the balance of the gun. This way they will definitely improve the consistency.

Have they tried taking shots resting on a stool or some other "stand"

diskaon.
i dont think cutting down a stock will be a good idea.bipod option is better.
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Great that you have got your kids off to an early start. Seem to be quite good at it too. All the best to them.

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Wonderful, the kids must be encouraged to foray further into shooting sports if they take a liking to it.

The talent pool in the National juniors runs very deep.

When will there be a day when an aspiring / upcoming shooter can buy himself a proper match grade gun in the market and as many cartridges he wants and go to the ranges to shoot as much he wants.

Here we have babus and red tape with logic like 1 cartridges to be possessed at a time and 25 in the year is the purchase allowed.

This year things hit such a low ebb. In honour of the fact that we had won a shooting gold at the 2008 olympics, a first gold in Asian Skeet shooting ( Junior India team ) our babus who are the new masters after the brits ensured that every shooter was short of cartrides and clays for the skeet and trap nationals.

As for the rifle shooters - well if you want to promote tourism and shooting in Kerela where all able bodied men are in Dubai anyway, then give the shooters an air ticket at least.

But things will improve - I welcome your kids to the world of shooting sports.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:31 am

It is a good start. Well done...

Now teach them the correct holds and safety. :)

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:56 am

GREAT going buckaroos. I'm impressed that they both have used the elbow of their forward hand to rest on their bodies to further stabilize themselves. I hope it is not by accident. Very good and important for them to know the basic concepts. I applaud you for breaking them out. Keep going and I'm sure they'll do you proud.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 am

Great going Chief :D

As said by Diskaon, I would think it a considerable investment to get rid of a few inches of the stock - more so since there are two bunnies using it :)

P.S. - Did you get my PM?
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:03 am

TenX";p="64885 wrote: As said by Diskaon, I would think it a considerable investment to get rid of a few inches of the stock
TenX , I beg to disagree :roll: .

The children will grow up very fast , I would not recommend mutilating any firearm !! And what would one advise after shortening the stock ? Shortening the barrel to improve the balance ??? :? :?

Shamsher , I really appreciate your effort . :)

cheers,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:13 am

Doc.. You do have a point there.
But when the stock length is reduced, the non-trigger hand would naturally go further away from the trigger, and this would help on the balance front. SO, no need to shorten the barrel or such!

The one thing is that this is a modification 'without' a Ctrl+Z :)
.. but when the complete length of the stock is required, maybe a new stock or something would help. Who knows... considering invention to be the outcome of situation, maybe Shamsher will come up with something to have an expandable butt for the IHP ;)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:26 am

TenX";p="64904 wrote: the non-trigger hand would naturally go further away from the trigger, and this would help on the balance front.
Look at the photo of the younger child , the non-trigger hand can not go any further . :)

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Shamsher » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 am

yash3_great";p="64800 wrote: BTW, yours is the second IHP 25 i saw with a 2 tone stock finish, the first is one I have which was gifted to me. Did it come that way? How old would it be? They don't make the stock like that anymore.
Dear Yash
This one is about 17 years old & all parts except the rear sight is original.
I bought it recently from a friend for 1500/-
Made a fixed rear sight & zeroed it to perfection.
must say this is a very accurate air rifle,
the spring is a bit weak now, but i shall let it remain as the kids face turn red with the effort they make to cock it.
SS

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:16 pm

A competent woodworker can rough out a short stock an about 45 minutes for these guns, it does not have to look immaculate. Then you can save these stocks for a few years. I wouldn't worry about the barrel length, they'll learn to manage on their own.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Post a wanted advt for a damaged stock.. it will be a good investment. and when they grow up.. put it in the for sale section for the next generation :-)
klick klack..... diskaon