my beretta 86 cheetah

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: my beretta 86 cheetah

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:32 pm

axp817";p="39082 wrote: I didn't know you could take firearms to India when you transfer residence. Do you have to pay any duty/taxes on them? Do all the Prohibited Bore limitations still apply (caliber, number of firearms being brought into the country, etc.)?
Naren,

Hope you aren't planning to get the AR and 220 on TR... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW Indian, congrats on your 86, shoot well and look after it. Once you get to India its probably the only nice thing you got....not to mention damn precious! :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Dear CC,

Congrats on your beautiful weapon.I'm sure you will enjoy it on the range.Dont forget to give us the range report.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Congratulations there Indian, Beautiful pistol.
just love it.
Regards.
Happy.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:07 pm

HydNawab";p="39085 wrote:Dear CC,

Congrats on your beautiful weapon.I'm sure you will enjoy it on the range.Dont forget to give us the range report.

Cheers

Ashar
Nawab Bhai, you're mistaken :mrgreen: ... though I'd like to see the day when some one congratulates me for such hardware :) .... the fact is its Indian and axp187 who've picked up new pieces.... I'm still forcing my self to be content with my FN Browning .32 :)

regards,
cc

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:05 pm

cottage cheese";p="39084 wrote: Naren,

Hope you aren't planning to get the AR and 220 on TR... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CC,
I am not planning on TRing anywhere, leave alone India. I came here at an early age, there are too many reasons for me not to move to India.

Oh, and heres some more eye candy for you :P

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=55&highlight=

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:19 pm

thanks naren,cc,ashar and happy :) and naren,u can take one gun an a TR.the PB restrictions still apply and u can come back even after availing a TR.the duty to be paid is 158%.30000INR approx for a 500$ gun.the earlier rule of staying 1 year after a TR has been abolished :)

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi Indian,
Just to ask Narens question again,what about caliber restrictions,do they apply if u bring one in on TR.
Rgds

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Hunter";p="39155 wrote: Hi Indian,
Just to ask Narens question again,what about caliber restrictions,do they apply if u bring one in on TR.
Rgds
http://www.indiansforguns.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=12

http://www.indiansforguns.com/kb.php?mode=article&k=13

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:44 pm

Thanks Abhijeet!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:20 pm

axp817";p="39095 wrote: I am not planning on TRing anywhere, leave alone India. I came here at an early age, there are too many reasons for me not to move to India.
Ah! was just pulling your leg. In my book the best reason for not moving back is evident in the pics you posted. :)
Oh, and heres some more eye candy for you
Mods, please yellow card, or ban naren for causing us resident Indians immense heartache.... :mrgreen:

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:18 am

hi :) does any of the members here have any idea about a gunsmith(in india) who can fabricate the mags for my beretta??i have tried a few stores in canada but no success :(

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:41 am

indian";p="39776 wrote:hi :) does any of the members here have any idea about a gunsmith(in india) who can fabricate the mags for my beretta??i have tried a few stores in canada but no success :(
Hi Indian,

If I remember, your 86 has a single stack magazine(I'm feeling too lazy to back track on the thread)- That being the case, many qualified butchers should be able to fabricate one or more for you. As to how reliable or durable, I cannot really say. They will cost a bundle as well. Certainly non in my area.

Double stacks are a little more difficult because of the carefully placed contours that 'squeeze' and angle the two columns to a final single stack feed lip.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:55 pm

thanks CC :) .can u suggest a person who could do that job please??anywhere in india

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi Indian,
There is a gunsmith in Nagaon , Assam who is in this business for two generations at least. He does make magazines and when I mentioned the one you need(double stack) he says that he would be able to fabricate one although it will take a month. His phone no is 03672235658 and the name is Sri Shankar Prasad.You may contact him directly.
Joshi

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:55 am

thanks a lot veejosh :) will contact him when i come to india :)