Removing the primer from a live round.

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Removing the primer from a live round.

Post by timmy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:11 pm

farook wrote:Well I am curious too, why do you want to remove the primers out of live ammo...why not just buy them separately..
Now we have two of them loose! :-(

No, Farook! The issue is not why he wants to get the live primers out of cartridges. The issue is why he wants live primers at all!

I cannot believe that this point is so difficult for some people to understand! It seems that the more that some folks protest their encyclopedic knowledge of firearms, the harder it is to get them to understand even the most simple and basic points of guns and ammunition!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Now we have two of them loose! :-(

:lol:
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:13 am

I am going to chime in and add that what Timmy and 2 Rivers are saying is absolutely true, except they may be understating it!

I have personally cared for a person who was hit in the thumb by a primer that went off from a primed shell that was tossed into a fire. The person said he was about 5 feet away from the fire. The primer went off and the cup flew out of the shell casing, hit him in the side of his thumb, and the primer cup travelled under the skin to the other side if his thumb, probably about 3cm or so and it was surgically removed with no permanent complications. Fortunately it did not penetrate the bone, and I have seen x rays where as 2 Rivers mentions the primer travels several centimeters into the body, often a leg or arm.

Anyway, live primers need to be taken very seriously.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947