Haunted

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: Haunted

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Prashant,

That's a beautifully restored buidling. The wifee might be pleased - lest she finds out about the ghastly..oops ghostly stories.
The last supposedly haunted place I visited was the fort of Naggar- the queen had apparently jumped and committed suicide from the very balcony outiside my room!

Thanks for sharing the pictures- love the place.

Cheers,
SS

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:44 am

Hello Doc,
That's a beautiful hotel. Is this the one near Mall road?

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:56 pm

essdee1972 wrote:Lovely place, Prashantji, thanks for sharing....

Planning a UK visit around Diwali...... Prashantji, what's the tarriff? Will they waive off the tariffs if we see a ghost? As far as I am concerned, a few extra drinks on the house is good enough!!

We know now that ghosts cannot be shot with guns (thanks, Hamiclar!),
But can they be shot with cameras?

Yes!!!
Its called "Kirilian" photography - You need a special equipment - The pic of the Ghost will appear as an "Apparition" - A sort of fuzzy image - A thermal image.
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:44 pm

KIRLIAN Photography is a collection of photographic techniques used to capture the phenomenon of electrical coronal discharges. It is named after SEMYON KIRLIAN, who, in 1939 accidentally discovered that if an object on a photographic plate is connected to a high-voltage source, an image is produced on the photographic plate.
It has been the subject of mainstream scientific research, Parapsychology research and art.
To a large extent, it has been co-opted by promoters of fringe science and paranormal claims in books, magazines, & workshops.
For further info - Please log on to: http://www.lightstalking.com/what-is-ki ... aphy-the-s...
Briha

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:03 pm

The then owner's son, the Jauhars, studied with me in the boarding school across your home :wink: He would often take us there on Sundays. All I remember was a grand entrance with huge steps and a humongous billiards table. Rooms to the left in a new wing. Quite deserted in those days too.

And yes, the haunted tales did the rounds then too. If I remember correctly, it's located on the left immediately as you get up to the Library, Mussoorie.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:09 pm

A very interesting post Prashant. Thanks for the pictures which are very evocative of the place.

I stayed in the Savoy Hotel from from July to October 1979 but did not come across any ghost.

It came as a surprise to me that Agatha Christie based "The Mysterious Affair At Styles" on a murder committed at the Savoy in the 1910s. Did the actual events correspond to the story penned by the Queen of Mystery? Since the real life murderer was never caught the ending is certainly different. Perhaps a Hercule Poirot was lacking in Mussoorie those days.

Regards.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

hks2056
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hks2056 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:15 pm

I stayed in the Savoy for the same period along with MIROFLEX. There were absolutely no ghosts there.At that point of time the it was in decay.Only the name was there.There was no running hot water in the bathrooms. Every morning the servants would hot water from wooden stove.I saw the old register. Emperor Haile Selaisse of Ethiopia had stayed there during early twenties.Name of well known Hollywood actors were also there. That was the time when hotel earned its reputation.Of the two 80 years old English billiards tables one was dead as cushions had expired and had no bounce.It used to rain very heavily.From July to end of September the sun was almost invisible behind clouds.The ball room wooden floor despite being 80 years old was in perfect shape.It was said to be the happening place during the swinging twenties.I believe in ghosts and spirits. They do exist. However there were none at Savoy at that point of time in 1979.That is where I met Miroflex. He was the great fan of 9mm browning at that time.On week ends the band used to play at LIbrary Point. We could hear it in our hotel rooms.There was no noise pollution in those days.By the end of November the Mall was totally deserted even during day time. It was a very quiet place.May be that is why all the ghosts had left Savoy. Mussoorie is overcrowded now. The ghosts might have returned to their old haunts in Savoy.After all Ghosts love crowded human company.

kapilj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kapilj » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Use English please - moderator

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Hill station, cold weather, chill rain, Victorian styled bungalow.

One need to be dead.......dead drunk that is!!!! ROTFL

BD

Added in 4 minutes 52 seconds:
Prashantji,

Was planning Auli next vacation. Just got me thinking now...especially since i love old buildings.

Would be great to stay in a restored one.

BD

Added in 13 minutes 42 seconds:
hks2056 wrote:I saw the old register. Emperor Haile Selaisse of Ethiopia had stayed there during early twenties.

Goodness gracious me!!!! never knew Emperor Haile Selassie visited India. Dad was in Ethiopia when the emperor died. Read a lot of the emperors life. Would be worth a trip just to see that register. I sure hope those guys have preserved such an old treasure.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

tamancha
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tamancha » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:08 am

Dear friends...you people are discussing on ghosts and evil spirits in a haunted hotel.Dears whats is haunting and nowadays i am watching the paranormal researcher searching ghosts in a haunted haunted hotel or in a forgotten fort etc by their electronic implements. First you have to know what are ghost and from where they have come why they have been trapped in a time period.I have never seen an expert on this subject.The people who are working they follow on hypothetical thoughts.What our ancestors taught us are enough to discuss on this matter healthy. I have seen lots of trapped souls in a particular time period and they finally been gone when they got an appropriate medium. Hence I am confident that every haunted house can be cleared if you have the right eyes and technics.

Regards.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:01 am

I stayed there for my Honeymoon in 1982. A beautiful ambience, huge bedrooms and bathrooms a la Raj but poor service. The food turned ice cold if ordered in the room. Maybe because it was the month of February. Only thing that could have scared me out ther was my wife but fortunatenly that started happening years after my marriage.

Cheers !!!
Marksman

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:15 pm

marksman wrote:Only thing that could have scared me out ther was my wife but fortunatenly that started happening years after my marriage
:mrgreen:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:20 pm

One of The Icons of our sister town
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:14 am

Amen Marksmen about wifey LOL

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:16 am

prashantsingh wrote:The hotel which inspired Agatha Christie to pen down her first novel.

In the early 1910's Lady Garnet Orme was murdered. The murdered never found.

This was the first of many more to come.

A young girl staying in the hotel, killed by her companion.

A young couple killing their only child and then committing suicide.

People hearing screams in the middle of the night.
Sounds coming from the Billiards room when the place appeared to be empty.

and stories I have only heard.

Hotel Savoy. Mussoorie.

'The Mysterious Affair at Styles' was inspired by this place? How very interestingly haunting!

Apparently, the murder case also inspired another book, only this time, by an established writer, Ruskin Bond's 'In A Crystal Ball — A Mussoorie Mystery'.
chitty-vitty, bang-shang