Mahindra Thar

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Mahindra Thar

Post by Sakobav » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Rusty

Check this for discussion for Thar and Bolero

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehic ... -thar.html

Nice jeep SSc

Bets

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 am

ssc wrote:Other wise this jeep is made for indian roads & traffic it as simple as that. Remember its a truck so drive like one. :twisted: :twisted:
I hope that's a joke and you aren't amongst the inconsiderate SUV drivers who bully other road users.

NG: Thanks for the link. Will look it up later.

ssc
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ssc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Mack The Knife wrote:
ssc wrote:Other wise this jeep is made for indian roads & traffic it as simple as that. Remember its a truck so drive like one. :twisted: :twisted:
I hope that's a joke and you aren't amongst the inconsiderate SUV drivers who bully other road users.

NG: Thanks for the link. Will look it up later.
Mack u the only one who got it..... vastu on guns....if u have a pdf send me a copy please.
regards

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm

You either love or hate a Mahindra. I'm amongst the former, *Conditions apply! I wouldn't recommend a Mahindra to anyone if it's just been launched. They inevitably come with problems. I've had 2 colleagues buy the XUV and at least one amongst them has spent a good part of the month in the service station- similar to the DisasThar Abhijeet mentioned. The H/T tires on a 4X4 made little sense to me.I've heard similar niggling issues with the Scorpio when it was launched. I've driven the CRDe version for nearly 5 years and 100k kms and have enjoyed owning one to the extent I wouldn't mind buying it again. There's another friend who has owned 2 one after the other and has driven each for about 1.5. lac kms!

My experience with the Bolero was limited - I took one on a 3000km run across Rajasthan- it was a brand new vehicle and apart from the 8.5km/l mileage, the rest of the vehicle was trouble free. I found it to have avg off capabilities with the longer chassis and weight being an issue.

If a good combination of city, highway and off road ability is required and budget is a high consideration a Bolero seems a good option. If it isn't, a Scorpio 4x4 wouldn't be a bad option. I've seen Safari 4X4s do REALLY well off road too- and I mean muds, slush, gradients, rivers off roads- not just dirt tracks.

My trips with the Northern India Offroaders club opened up my eyes to the world of off roading . You really need either a big heart or big pocket or both to put your 8 lac + vehicle through a truly 4x4 experience. Some pictures attached. I think the Thar should do well on the off roading arena IF its niggling issues are resolved.

The army 550s do really well off road, if you are able to get your hand on a good piece, and they don't cost a lot to buy and maintain. Though these are not suited to city or highway use.

I see the Thar fitting in very well between the Army 550 and the Bolero - a good combination of city or highway use and off road ability. If only dirt roads off roading is needed a simple high clearing SUV should be sufficient- I've never felt the need of a 4wd on my scorpio to places I've taken it. But i did not have the heart to put it to a real 4X4 scenario.

What would I WANT to own- a short chasis Kaiser is an all time favorite. Great performance, great looks. I'm in awe of the vehicle.

SSC, it would be great if you can share your experiences with us on how the vehicle is performing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.