RAMBO -Then & Now

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

RAMBO -Then & Now

Post by hvj1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:29 am

Pictures of my South African - Boerboel male. He is now precisely ONE year old. It has been a pleasurable one year. The fellow, is obedient, loves children, my cats, is DANGEROUS to outsiders with criminal intent.

R1.jpg
R2.jpg
R3.jpg
008.JPG
059.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: RAMBO -Then & Now

Post by dev » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:39 am

What a handsome dog! Could you please elaborate on how much training, exercise and diet they need?

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 am

He looks like a great companion!
Congratulations on this anniversary.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 am

dev wrote:What a handsome dog! Could you please elaborate on how much training, exercise and diet they need?

Regards,

Dev
Thanks Dev and XL Target,

AH! Now I shall wax eloquent on him, since its my passion.
Exercises:

1. First and foremost, he has about half an acre of compound, where he bagan first exploring then gradually digging up, sniffing around. Gamboling around this space for the the first six months of his life.

2. At 8 months , I gradually introduced him to cross country walks through fields and open terrain, duration half an hour, distance 1-2 kms. Alternating with one day walk and couple of days rest. This is because these dogs being on the heavier side, one has to be extremely carefull not to overexercise, since their joints are developing.

3. In the last two months, the distance is 5 to 7 kms, gradually starting off from 2 kms to 5 kms the next day to 7 + on the third day. Complete rest for one day, enables recovery of fatigued muscles. I am using Interval Training methods on him and off course on myself, since we go together.

Diet

1. Hocks Soup : Two bone joints of the forelegs of a bull, boiled intensively for four hours to make a concentrate.
2. Vegetables: Red pumpkin, Beet Root, Carrots, White pumkin (Lauki), Cabbage, Palak, Methi. Three vegetables from the list 100 gms each per meal, chopped fine and added into the hock soup.
3. Eukonoba : Imported Argentinian, dog nuggets for big breeds, 500 gms per meal.
4. Roti: The size of a large dinner plate 7mm thick. One per meal (broken down into bits).
5. Red Meat: Raw red meat (beef), microwaved for a minute to kill germs, 300 gms each meal.
6. Meals given two times a day, first six months three times a day (half of the above per meal)
7. Fasting on Monday one meal: Recommended by South African Boerboel owners, I have seen the improvement it does.
General:
1. Brushing: With thick plastic brush then with soft hair brush, each day.
2. Deworming : One tablet each month.
3. Bath: With ayurvedic neem extract shampoo, once a month.
4. Notix powder: Once in 15 days applied on coat.

Guarding:
1. These dogs have a very intimidating stare, Its almost like staring at a Lion's eyes. They stare down other dogs, who throw in their hands and push with backward glances to make sure he is not following.
2. Similar intimidating stare puts off two legged variety.
3. At night, his barking has a very very deep bass effect, when he does that while lying in the verandah, its deafening to say the least.
4. They are very very slow to rile, but generally are known to dispatch their victims when riled. :mrgreen:

Hunting:
1. They hunt Wild boars.
2. They can fend off a leopard.
3. They kill hyenas regularly in S.Africa.
4. A pair can fend of a Lion. (Believe it or not)
5. Will be introduced to hunting only after completion of 18 months, when his joints will be fully formed and his additional weight will be more effective against wild animals.

Weight:
1. 8 kgs when 8 weeks old.
2. Presently 70 kgs.
3. When he completes full growth in two years time, he is expected to weigh 90 kgs. No I am not joking. :D

Love:
1. Demands love and affection 24 hours a day, Master tries his best to reciprocate in unequal measure. :D

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:58 am

Loves your cats......Shhhhoo Schwweeeet...........

Nice looking fellow. My son wants a dog, but SWMBO has threatened a walkout if we get one........

M.
hvj1 wrote:Pictures of my South African - Boerboel male. He is now precisely ONE year old. It has been a pleasurable one year. The fellow, is obedient, loves children, my cats, is DANGEROUS to outsiders with criminal intent.

R1.jpg
R2.jpg
R3.jpg
008.JPG
059.JPG
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

good one, please tell me how does it taste with chilly?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:27 pm

nagarifle wrote:good one, please tell me how does it taste with chilly?
:deadhorse: :D

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:36 pm

That's a nice looking dog.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks Prashant

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

RAMBO -Then & Now

Post by Bruno22 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Raw meat, microwaved?? Could you please elaborate on that. Recently lost my 11 year old doggy. We always fed her on a diet of Chicken, rice and veg all pressure cooked.
He is a beautiful puppy. Would really like to see what he looks like at 90kg. Congrats.
Bruno22
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 am

Wow that is an impressive and beautiful dog! I can't wait to see how he is full grown.

All of our 3 dogs we now have are either full blood lab or lab mixes, but We've had quite a few bigger dogs too.

Cold blooded killers they were.....

Our big dogs have all had gentle temperaments unless they felt someone in their family was being threatened by man or beast..
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:48 am

Bruno22 wrote:Raw meat, microwaved?? Bruno22
Thanks Bruno
The S.African Boerboel breeders, hae bred these dogs on raw meat alone. If you feed them boiled meat, they develop dysentry. I microwave the meat for 1 min, to kill germs not to cook it in any way. :)

Hello Mark,
What breed is the black one, seems to wallowing in your daughter's attention. :D
Thanks

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:17 am

A VERY HANDSOME BEAST...OTHER'S ENVY OWNER'S PRIDE :cheers: IS THIS BREED AVAILABLE IN INDIA...BECAUSE I AM PLANNING TO GET A GOOD COMPANION OTHER THAN MY WIFE :lol: AND I FEEL IT PERFECTLY FITS MY BILL..ANY GUIDANCE IN THIS REGARD WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:22 am

Thats amazing congrats Rambo looking good

but whats the best local breed which could be inexpensive - thing with popular breeds is incessant and uncontrolled breeding good example is Labs and Alsatians reason why even german police is moving to that Belgium shepherd breed.

Cheers

Motorpsycho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Motorpsycho » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 am

ngrewal wrote:Thats amazing congrats Rambo looking good

but whats the best local breed which could be inexpensive - thing with popular breeds is incessant and uncontrolled breeding good example is Labs and Alsatians reason why even german police is moving to that Belgium shepherd breed.

Cheers
If you are looking for a big local breed , I'd suggest the Bully Kutta. It's a breed of Ancient Indian origins, Came across a group of breeders on facebook.