A tiny collection of mine

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

A tiny collection of mine

Post by swajan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 pm

a small quiz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: A tiny collection of mine

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 am

The first and last appear to be some type of airguns. The middle two appear to be some antique guns. The pistol is bit unusual in appearance probably some kind of air pistol.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

rajveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rajveer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:24 am

Whether the quiz is over ?
And if yes,
this is for quize master to reveal the secret about the origin , make, caliber, year of manfacture and what else......
I lost 'YES A GOOD FORTUNE FOR MYSELF, IF I COULD HAVE ANSWERED IT CORRECTY'",
A million dollar question lost.
But I think the manner, in which GUNS are presented, NO GOD can identify it.

Regards.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:42 am

Interesting collection, Swajan.
Could you please identify them for us?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am

xl_target wrote:Interesting collection, Swajan.
Could you please identify them for us?
Yes Please! :agree: with my buddy xl_target - please ID the collection, Swajan. Very Nice 'tiny' collection (good one) you have there :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:30 am

all are airguns.
the 1st and 4th are break barrel springers,2nd one is lever action air rifle,3rd a pcp.
the air pistol is webley?
regards.

nedos
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nedos » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:03 pm

my answer would be
1)BSA cadet break barrel
2) crossman model 102 pneumatic pump
3) Benjamin discovery pcp
4) Diana 35
5) pistol - > webley and scott hurricane (senior )pneumatic pump

how did i do, quiz master ? :)
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Quiz Answer - A tiny collection of mine

Post by swajan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 am

nedos wrote:my answer would be
1)BSA cadet break barrel
2) crossman model 102 pneumatic pump
3) Benjamin discovery pcp
4) Diana 35
5) pistol - > webley and scott hurricane (senior )pneumatic pump

how did i do, quiz master ? :)
Salute !! to the extent 99% sorry you scored 1 % less. Let me now tell you why.

1) BSA Cadet is 100 % right - it is spring action training air rifle

2) Yes!! it is Crosman 102 but no ordinary 102, it is not pallet but ball firing 15 shot gravity loaded pump action 0.22 bore OSS Variant.
Only one of it's kind surviving, 2000 made by Crosman however the brass barrel is made by Winchester. All purchased by OSS (Officer of special services a secret branch of CIA US) at the time of World War II and dispatched to somewhere in the jungle of Borneo and Rangoon (now Myanmar)
As it was for secret services, no drawings or manufacturing details could be reveled and no one knew why and where these were utilised. One part gun is available at some museum named as "The Vault, Antique Store, Walnut Iowa U.S. "
Fortunately I found one in a corner at Calcutta a few years back. I written to Dr. Robert Beeman the author and President of the famous book "Blue book of Air Guns". Since, though it is appearing in their catalog but no photograph or technical details appearing, where as for all guns they have all details.
Dr conferred, since it was belongs to secret services and no servitors hence no one could provide details and that's why the book is incomplete. To me if these were used against out "Azad Hind Fauj" or what we call is Indian National Army of great Subhas Chandra Bose, it is a national treasure for me and having antique historical value.

3. Benjamin Discovery

4. Diana 35 West German (in original condition)

5.pistol - > webley and scott (Junier) spring from top coaking.

Hope you enjoyed the history and quiz :)

nedos
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nedos » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:19 am

That was quite a treat knowing about the history of the crossman , thank you for sharing pictures and the history.
Sadly people seem to care more about other more "popular" leaders than give Indian national army its due .
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:32 am

Unique indeed.
Swajan, when you get a chance could you do a detailed post on the Crosman. How it operates, history, how it breaks down, etc.
Thanks,
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 am

Nice swajan do post more info

Cheers

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by swajan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:06 pm

xl_target wrote:Unique indeed.
Swajan, when you get a chance could you do a detailed post on the Crosman. How it operates, history, how it breaks down, etc.
Thanks,
Dear Gun loving friends,
I am amazed for your interest shown. It compelled me to devote time for you all.
Here are some details, so far I gathered in last 2 yrs or so.
Only thing is that, I could found similar or details of alike models, due to obvious reason that, there exists no detail of this particular model, reason, I already said in my last post. Neither there exists any same model in this world as on today. Link
https://store.bluebookinc.com/InstantAc ... ct=4&id=55
please scroll down to 102 OSS - you will see NO LINK for details

1. Model 100, 101, 102 manual and parts list :
These are for pellet firing, operation is same for ball firing, except in ball firing it is repeating in nature and gravity loaded.
link is here
http://airgunartisans.com/CR101page.htm

2. Some sites for repairing -
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2 ... anrdy.html
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2 ... _5828.html

3. Crosman 102 at sale - but please remember it is NOT BALL firing, as in ball firing hole pic not present. Which I am posting now.
http://www.177air.com/Crosman.102.repeater.long/

4. A letter from John Allen
Date: 5 July 2011 20:38
Subject: RE: Model 102 "OSS" Variant - .22 cal., 15-shot pump pneumatic repeater for lead balls, round hole loading port, produced during WWII for the U.S. Office of Special Services
To: Swajan <[email protected]>

Dear Swajan
We can help, can you provide some good high resolution images?
I trust this information will be of interest and if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,
John B. Allen
Author/Associate Editor
Firearms Division
Blue Book Publications, Inc., 8009 34th Ave. S., Ste. 175, Minneapolis, MN 55425
Phone: 800-877-4867, ext. 16 , Fax: 952-853-1486 , http://www.bluebookinc.com

5. A letter from Dr Robert Beeman the author of Blue book of Airguns, who is going to publish his 12th edition by March 2012. But he could not substantiate the existence of any other gun of same model, see his next mail below.

to Swajan <[email protected]>
date 3 July 2011 04:15
subject : URGENT Crosman Model 102 "OSS" Variant - .22 cal., 15-shot pump pneumatic repeater

Very interesting pictures. I will confer with a couple of leading Crosman collectors. It cannot be the only surviving specimen as the gun was described from other specimens. When I wrote the Blue Book section on these guns I was using information from other specimens. Crosman would certainly not release diagrams of a gun made under exclusive, confidential contract with our military. However, I have good friends there - including president and sales manager. I will see what secret papers may become available for limited use. My collection experts think that about 12 survive in various collections. The quickest way to reduce its value, by huge amounts, is to try to restore it. Just a small amount of incorrect "clean up" or restoration can easily reduce the value by 80 to 90%!! DO NOT ATTEMPT EVEN A TINY BIT OF CLEANING OR RESTORATION!!
Sincerely, Dr. Robert Beeman

6. Lastly -
from Robert Beeman [email protected]
to Swajan <[email protected]>
date 27 October 2011 01:25
subject Re: Crosman Model 102 "OSS" Variant

hello friend swajan -
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. My problems remain, but I am trying hard to get my Lewis and Clark/Girardoni airgun book finished for publication. Two volunteers are helping me finish and publish it. It will be a very deluxe hardbound book. Although it will be very expensive, the subject is so important that it would be a crime to publish it as an ordinary book! We do not have funds to put your OSS airgun in the collection of the Beeman Airgun Collection Foundation, but we would be delighted to give it and your name a place of honor. That is, if you cannot find a satisfactory buyer, we would be honored to receive it as a donation to the BAC Foundation. Finally, then we would be able illustrate this important gun in its proper place in the Blue Book of Airguns. The very special 10th edition will appear about March 2012.
Also, Blue Book of Airguns has been offered a large financial assist to publish a huge book on the Beeman Airgun Collection - the largest ever guide to airguns -covering over 3000 different airguns from all over the world in the collection. Your OSS gun and your name would also have an honored position in that book if that gun was in this collection. You would receive a complimentary copy, signed by myself with an inscription to you! I hope that we can so honor your gun and you. I would guess that your government has a tax benefit for contributions made to such non-profit publications.
No matter what you decide, it has been an honor to correspond with you!
Best Regards,
Dr. Robert D. Beeman

Lastly I am looking for a right kind of collector for this, subject to his justified offerings. In case any one can help, it would be highly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This e-mail messages as provided may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that the sender is unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmission.No binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rajveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rajveer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Friends kindly help,
if I am not wrong the second gun is a crossman air gun, why an army need airgun that also for secret mission.
do they intended to kill enmies piogen, crow, legords, hare etc secretly and not the enemy.

Regards.

swajan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by swajan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 pm

rajveer wrote:Friends kindly help,
if I am not wrong the second gun is a crossman air gun, why an army need airgun that also for secret mission.
do they intended to kill enmies piogen, crow, legords, hare etc secretly and not the enemy.

Regards.
Hi,
My dear friend first of all answer is already posted before you arrive at your solution. Secondly about Chicken, that's the question all are hunting since then..see what famous people had to say about it's extended use.

Below text is written by Mr.Brian in a gun forum, who happen to be the Vice President and Chief Editor of Blue Book of Airguns and Beeman

Pneumatic Death...
June 18 2008, 2:31 AM
In various places I read the OSS guns were ball shooters. They were meant as gifts for tribal chiefs for hunting. Obviously ball shooters were preferred for extended use.
I think invoices exist for 1000, but 2000 were inventoried in Calcutta right after VJ Day, of which only one survives today.
Still can't imagine why someone chopped the breech. Maybe a tribal chieftain tried to convert it to .22RF.
This rifle can be found at:
The Vault, Antique Store, Walnut Iowa
link : http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... osman+102-

AND
Also see this link and follow the 2nd para
http://www.nramuseum.com/the-museum/the ... istol.aspx

AND
See this attachment ...and look at the topic "What Happened to the 2000 air rifle". Which is written by no less than Mr.Phil Hahn, President of Crosman himself.

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 pm

:cheers: lovely collection and thanks for sharing....