Gun Cleaning Accident

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
virk1313

Gun Cleaning Accident

Post by virk1313 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:51 am

HOW MANY times do we have to be told NOT to clean a firearm when it's still LOADED?
This was a .40 cal hollow point. It entered the hand, exited and went into his leg. :shock:
This guy put racked his slide by holding onto the END of the barrel. His other hand...was on the grip and his finger was on the trigger.
This is a great example of why we should be very, very diligent when handling our guns. When cleaning, ALL ammo should be put in a another room...far, far away from the cleaning process. Every gun should be checked and rechecked prior to cleaning...and then you should follow ALL basic safety rules even when cleaning!

At least he only shot himself, he could of shot his wife, or kid, or worse; his dog! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Gun Cleaning Accident

Post by nagarifle » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:00 am

yes we should be more aware of a gun and should treated as loaded at all times unless proven otherwise
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:21 am

"All ammo should be put in another room..." Why?, does it load itself into the gun and discharge itself?

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:12 am

virk1313 wrote: This guy put racked his slide by holding onto the END of the barrel. His other hand...was on the grip and his finger was on the trigger.This was a .40 cal hollow point. It entered the hand, exited and went into his leg.
Looking at the caliber I presume that this incident happened outside India. Guys like me are in business because of careless people like the victim here ! Finger on the trigger, racking the slide of a loaded pistol by gripping the muzzle end ? Wow, I am speechless !

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

virk1313

Post by virk1313 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:33 pm

you are absolutely right Sir ,this incident happened in Oregon USA last week, where i live now.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 pm

virk ji its good that you have posted this pic. I am sure you realise that posing for pics with finger on trigger is not a good idea.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.