Cover Girl

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Cover Girl

Post by timmy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:12 am

XL, one thing is clear to me: Should any of us happen to step up to the range where your daughter is shooting, we'd all be well advised to consider the situation before we got into any formal competition with her! I'm sure that she can send the lead downrange quite accurately with a number of firearm types, and your teaching her this part of her heritage is to be commended!

Besides that, it is high time that people recognize that firearms and shooting is a safe and respectable sport, practiced by millions of intelligent and responsible people who anyone would be glad to have as a neighbor or friend, as opposed to the troops of gun-wielding goons one sees in popular (and firearms-ignorant) entertainment and news media.

These are the reasons I think you and your daughter (and Oleg, too) are to be recognized as great, positive influences for our shared RKBA cause. Thank you!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:39 am

prashantsingh wrote:Congrats XL.
Nice snap.
By the way which gun is she holding?
Winchester Model 92.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks, my friends, all for the comments. I really appreciate it. Yes I am proud of her but this is not her first cover.

I just thought some of our Canadian IFGians would like to say; "Hey I know who she is".
I'm sure most of them are members of their National Firearms Association and get this magazine.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Dear xl_targert,

Congrats,I can only wish I lived in Canada then for sure I would have subscribed to the mag . when are we going to see you on the front cover?.

regards,
drifter.

baldabe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by baldabe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:43 am

Congratulations to a proud Papa and his lovely daughter,

Where were these pics taken? in Canada or USA?

I wish I can pass on the passion for firearms to my sons as well. My older son (14) regularly accompanies me to the range, I am still working on my younger son (10).

Abid.
Aal ij well..........

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Abid,
That photo was taken in the US. It was taken at my gun club here in Minnesota.
There was a small blurb on the inside informing people about the merits of Cowboy Action Shooting and how it is rapidly becoming a very family friendly sport.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:51 am

drifter wrote:Dear xl_targert,

Congrats,I can only wish I lived in Canada then for sure I would have subscribed to the mag . when are we going to see you on the front cover?.

regards,
drifter.
You happen to be the member of NFA , not limited to any country
I guess the picture was last year but I have it all - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 am

What does NFA stands for in this context? I guess it's not National Firearm Act. BTW just like shooter I ignored this thread too :oops: Congrats to both of you, keep up the good work :)
:cheers:
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:23 am

Hammerhead wrote:
drifter wrote:Dear xl_targert,

regards,
drifter.
You happen to be the member of NFA , not limited to any country
I guess the picture was last year but I have it all - Haji
Haji,
This photo is from the March-April 2011 issue of the Canadian Firearms Journal.

I am not a member of the NFA.

-- Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:02 am --
Priyan wrote:What does NFA stands for in this context? I guess it's not National Firearm Act. BTW just like shooter I ignored this thread too :oops: Congrats to both of you, keep up the good work :)
Priyan,
In this instance NFA stands for National Firearms Association (of Canada). The Canadian Firearms Journal is an official publication of the NFA.

In the US, we have the NRA (National Rifle Association) that performs similar functions like lobbying the government, rating politicians, defending the 2nd Amendment, etc.
The NRA has several official journals, among them, The American Rifleman, The American Hunter and Shooting Illustrated.

Sathieshkumar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sathieshkumar » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi sir you are a good Father.Congratulations to both of you...
Best-,
Sathiesh.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Missed this one earlier somehow. Nonetheless, CONGRATULATIONS to both, the proud Papa and the Daughter to make him and us all so proud. :-)
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

ssmickey.32
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ssmickey.32 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Congratulations XL

ssmickey.32
When the power of love overcomes the love of power - the world will know peace.