Another visit with Oleg.

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Another visit with Oleg.

Post by TC » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Dear xL

Respect you for how you have brought up your daughter. I don't have kids but what you
wrote about your child and the values inculcated made me remember my old man. He handed over
a Luger P'08 9mm from WWII era when I was only eight. That was the first pistol I shot. Ma was a bit scared.
Dad said... "he is old enough to learn.. I am here to ensure that he doesn't make mistakes"...

Loved the pictures....
My best wishes to you and your family

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:18 am

xl_target wrote:
drifter wrote:Dear xl_target,

Wish I had taken your open offer to visit you last year, nice pics. Well I shall try and make a trip soon.

Regards,
drifter.
Just let me know a few weeks in advance Drifter and I will try to make some arrangements so you can try out a variety of firearms.
You might also consider only May through August as they are the warmer months.
Plan your trip/ get-together guys and share your dates with the IFGians here in the US and we'll make it a little bigger event. It'll be a 'blast' ... pun intended!!

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am

conty1 wrote:
xl_target wrote:
drifter wrote:Dear xl_target,

Wish I had taken your open offer to visit you last year, nice pics. Well I shall try and make a trip soon.

Regards,
drifter.
Just let me know a few weeks in advance Drifter and I will try to make some arrangements so you can try out a variety of firearms.
You might also consider only May through August as they are the warmer months.
Plan your trip/ get-together guys and share your dates with the IFGians here in the US and we'll make it a little bigger event. It'll be a 'blast' ... pun intended!!
This makes me wonder if it would be possible to have an international IFG get together here in the USA, with our Canadian brothers and maybe some from Europe, as well, in attendance. Wouldn't that be a huge "blast"? We'd be missing so many from India, but it would still be a great thing to do.

As The Temptations would say, "It was just my imagination/ Running away with me"
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 am

TC, Thank You for your kind comments.

Timmy and Conti, If you guys are serious, I don't see why this cant be done.
Almost any time in the summer is fine for me. We need to find someone with some land where we can shoot.
Somewhere centrally located in the US.

I'm willing to bring some tents. I'm more that willing to camp out. If we find a good spot, we can look for a State Park or National Park campground to spend the nights in. I'll bring some of my guns and some ammo. We can make everyone sign a waiver so the landowner can't be held liable for anything.

Maybe we can entice Baljit and Kalyan and some of the other Canadians down. We can run everyone through training sessions for safety's sake, before we start. Hell, Baljit is a range officer. If everyone from the US brings a few guns, we can have a real treat for IFG members.

I think this could be done. We have a few members who can travel at will; like Safarigent. They would make it for sure. While we most likely wont be able to get any actual hunting in, we could sure do a lot of damage to paper targets. I"ll bring my bowling pin setup and we could have pin matches, etc.

Lets do this guys. Conti, are you and your father amenable to attending? Timmy, how about you?
Everyone interested, chime in please.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:25 am

I was wondering if we could find some range in the Central US -- maybe Nebraska? I know that there are lots of little hotbeds of gun enthusiasts in little towns through the Great Plains. I can't say I have any idea about the ranges. I'm not sure about my situation or what it will be like next summer, but yes, I think it would be great, and I'd really like to go!

I think it would be wonderful to do it under IFG auspices, and maybe give an example of how firearms is a respectable, save, and enjoyable pursuit.

Another thing I'd recommend would be liberal use of cameras and camcorders. It would be great to share the experience with all!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:30 pm

How did I miss this post.What lovely photos (as always).
An IFG meet in USA.
Sounds great. All the best and have lots of fun. :cheers:

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:13 pm

xl_target wrote:Maybe we can entice Baljit and Kalyan and some of the other Canadians down. We can run everyone through training sessions for safety's sake, before we start. Hell, Baljit is a range officer.
Yipeeee! :D I'm game! Lovely thought xl_target Bhai! Why not indeed? Circumstances permitting, fingers crossed etc, et al.......

What say fellow Canadian IFG'ians?

Baljit is a very tough Range Officer (personal experience - :lol: )!

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:22 pm

To all the six comments above :

Seems it is time to shift base.. .... Sigh !!

Go ahead friends... At least we will get to enjoy great photos and lively narrations..

Regards

TC

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi TC

Keep your hopes up brother, we at IFG'ians are all with you; it will eventually work out fine - given enough time and patience!

What more can I say to give you solace except, Proud to be an Indian and Amar Shonar Bangla?! :cheers:

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm

I love the idea, lets hope it works. One suggestion is to help people with the invitation papers, it will have downsides though.

regards,
drifter.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:36 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Hi TC

Keep your hopes up brother, we at IFG'ians are all with you; it will eventually work out fine - given enough time and patience!

What more can I say to give you solace except, Proud to be an Indian and Amar Shonar Bangla?! :cheers:
Hi,
Found some solace in your kind words.... specially the last three ... I have had my share of shooting over two decades... but still yearn for more, actively or passively ... Looking forward to this meet being planned...

Regards

TC

shooterz
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooterz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 am

XL,

You are a great dad. I agree with you 100% on preparing your daughter for life, and firearms are a part of it. My father started me shooting at the age of 6, he is a former US Marine, and was at the time a Police Officer. I started my son shooting at the age of 7. Both my shooting and my sons shooting was supervised very thouroughly. I am glad you and your daughter have such a great time together sharing our sport. good going, Troy

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:42 pm

shooterz wrote:XL,

You are a great dad. I agree with you 100% on preparing your daughter for life, and firearms are a part of it. My father started me shooting at the age of 6, he is a former US Marine, and was at the time a Police Officer. I started my son shooting at the age of 7. Both my shooting and my sons shooting was supervised very thouroughly. I am glad you and your daughter have such a great time together sharing our sport. good going, Troy
:agree: Well said, sir!

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:20 am

She's pictured in the Canadian Firearms Journal again in Jan-Feb 2011 from NFA , but date might be printed wrong for 2012 , just received yesterday - Haji

Last edited by Hammerhead on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:30 am

Thanks Haji,
I didnt know about that.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941