Another visit with Oleg.

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Another visit with Oleg.

Post by SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 pm

xl_target wrote:Well, she is 22 years old and within one semester of graduating from College with her Bachelors degree. I don't think that is too young to learn life's lessons.
She has lived away from home (even though it is not very far away) since she turned 18. She has had a drivers license and a job since she was 16 and she has had a license to carry a pistol since she turned 21.
She works and goes to school full time and is on the honor roll. She pays all her own bills, including her tuition at college, her grocery bills and her rent.
However, she is going to have to go out into the wider world soon and if she moves to another locality, I won't be able to go running to the rescue.

The weapons that she is handling are just tools, there is nothing terrible or dreadful about them as they are inanimate objects and are unable to do anything by themselves. Just as when I lay a hammer down on my workbench and I don't expect it to jump up by itself and start hammering nails, I don't expect a firearm to do much by itself. It is the human being holding it that decides what to do with it.
It is what certain people do with those tools that can be dreadful; be it a knife, an axe, an automobile or a firearm or political power.

It is my duty to see that she can handle those tools safely and with authority so she can protect herself and, someday, her own family. I would be terribly remiss as a parent if I let her go into a world where these tools are commonplace and not teach her to use them properly. Both my wife and I have tried to teach her to be open minded, self reliant, honest and hard working. Relying on the goodwill of others to protect her is nowhere in our plans.

ajayplahane, this is not specifically in response to your post. These are my feelings in general.
+1, well said there,absolutely :agree: with that response :!:

:cheers:
SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons !

For Advertising mail webmaster
msbabbar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by msbabbar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 pm

see the kid in this photo "A Glock 19 with suppressor".
isnt it too early for him

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm

msbabbar wrote:see the kid in this photo "A Glock 19 with suppressor".
ROTFL

Hey, don't suppress him is what I say!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:30 pm

As long as the guns are handled properly under close adult supervision explaining the safety dos and donts its fine. Rather this is the best way to do so. There is a picture of 9 year old firing a Colt 1911 45 on board here

Best

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 pm

msbabbar wrote:see the kid in this photo "A Glock 19 with suppressor".
I think ckkalyan and ngrewal answered the question quite well.

I just wanted to add that the kid is 9 years old and is shooting a S&W handgun in 38 Special. He also shot his pump action 20 ga. for quite a while before that.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Great pics there. Please convey our thanks to Oleg.

Total jealous seeing the pics of you and your daughter enjoying the day out with firearms. :)

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:07 am

xl_target wrote:
[ Image ]

Thanks all. I hope you enjoyed the photos.
Where is THE REACTION of .44 magnum :D

[im[/img]
Last edited by Hammerhead on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 am

Well, It looks like she hasn't fired yet in that shot. She does however, handle recoil relatively well. Look at the photo below that with the .357 Mag Coonan auto and you will see the gun has fired and the spent cartridge is in the air above the gun.

I found another photo of her with the .44 mag just after it has been fired. You can see the recoil here.
She is left eye dominant and right handed. That is why her stance is kind of awkward. I have tried to show her other ways to shoot with the left eye but apparently she is comfortable with this.

(photo by Oleg)

She is usually happy with her shooting. Who am I to argue with that smile?

Photo by Oleg
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:57 am

:cpix: XL-ji - lovely!

Amazing capture / shot of the smile - your daughter is very photogenic - Congratulations!

I didn't quite catch what you meant about the picture depicting a .357 Mag Coonan Auto (spent cart in air) though...please clarify.

Unbelievable, but I was just discussing eye to hand shooting preferences a day ago with a friend. Some of the questions are answered in your post. I learn something new everyday - thanks to the invigorating conversation and topics on IFG!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:14 am

XL thanks for sharing those are real eye-candies waiting for more kn u post some videos of ur shooting in future???those ll b real fun... :) :)

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:18 pm

ckkalyan wrote::cpix: XL-ji - lovely!

Amazing capture / shot of the smile - your daughter is very photogenic - Congratulations!

I didn't quite catch what you meant about the picture depicting a .357 Mag Coonan Auto (spent cart in air) though...please clarify.

Unbelievable, but I was just discussing eye to hand shooting preferences a day ago with a friend. Some of the questions are answered in your post. I learn something new everyday - thanks to the invigorating conversation and topics on IFG!

Kalyan Sahib,
Haji was saying that he didn't see the gun recoiling in the shot with the .44 Mag. I was just saying that one of the shots in the series showed the start of the recoil effect.
Go back to the first post. The eighth photo from the top titled "The Coonan .357 Magnum auto pistol" shows the ejected .357 Mag casing in the air (between the pistol and her head). It is not really between her head and the gun, the telephoto lens shortens the perspective. As the cartridge as ejected, the gun should just be beginning to recoil.

About your comment on gun-hand preferences, I can shoot a pistol with either eye but my right hand is stronger and more dexterous. If I shoot with an isosceles stance, I can switch the sights to either eye. Come to think of it; I only do that with my SIG P225. It might have some thing to do with the sights as the P225 has Von Stavenhagen sights which have a dot on the front sight and a bar on the rear sight. You "dot the i", as it were and put the dot over your target (unlike the six o clock hold on most pistols). I shoot all my other guns conventionally; right hand - right eye.

A surprising number of women are left eye dominant but are right handed. I don't know why that is.

Gladiatorgarg,
I do have some videos. I will post them later after I have converted them for You Tube.

boris
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by boris » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:34 pm

She looks to be a tough lady.
You haven't lived until you have been close to death,for those who fight life has a different flavor that the protected will never know.

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks for the pics ... awesome .... and I'm jealous :D

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:30 am

Awesome....
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

hornet
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:25 pm

very nice of u to be sharing thats what my grandson in sydney says sharing is good when we are having our icecreams and he is already finished his smart kids there,i wish i had a daughter like u r's i have two sons both grown up mba's younger one is with me these dys in india. last year i was in sydney but there they have a very strict guncultre like n.y in usa. i could not sight any guns in oz. maybe they have them deep inside those farm places.