Hunting: trailing, stalking and stakeout pics 2

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
tsheshabalaya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Hunting: trailing, stalking and stakeout pics 2

Post by tsheshabalaya » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 pm

14a.jpg
15a.jpg
16a.jpg
17a.jpg
19a.jpg
DSC08819b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Hunting: trailing, stalking and stakeout pics 2

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 pm

I know for sure thats a beemer on 2 wheels.. the boxer is a tell tale
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

tsheshabalaya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tsheshabalaya » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Capt. Sharma - spot on about the bike. R1150RS
Actually, the "barrels" are an ultrasound system to keep away animals, esp. 100+ kg wild boars - against which a collision can be fatal - esp. with a motorcycle. The boars are, of course, not scared of normal noise, and I have seen none so far running away from my bike.
In parts of south France (where I ride often - will be up there next week), they have become a serious traffic hazard (20,000 accidents) and lots of crop loss (50 million Euros a year in compensation to farmers) - so the French now allow 24x7x365 shooting boars (+half a million per year), but that is not keeping the numbers down.
Guess a bit like the famous vultures in your profession some years ago.
BTW, u civilian or IAF ?
Rgds

Tosh

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Nice i knew dogs hate ultrasonic waves but didnt know they work on boars too... how much does this kit cost?? i know of a few buddies who have broken bikes and legs colliding with boars.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

tsheshabalaya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tsheshabalaya » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:42 am

Capt., equivalent of 5 Euros, 300 rupees for the set.
No fancy electronics - just speeds over 40 kmph starts up the baffled reverse airflow.
As I said, haven't yet sighted a roadside boar while biking, or seen one running away. So either it works, or I have not yet met the right boar.
Have a hand-equipped electronic ultrasound, and have tested it once, on one boar; the guy (a male) first charged and then stopped, puzzled.
I then shot it, so don't know what it thought about the high technology (!)

Rgds

Tosh

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Dear tosh,

Man you are living a full life, these biking expeditions are usually solo or do you go in a group?.

reg,
drifter.

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:52 pm --

Dear Tosh,

Excellent article, I have been involved in motorsport for about 7 years so I understand fully the article that you have penned. Very precise with words and it makes for great reading.

reg,
drifter.

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:54 pm --

Do you live in Algarve or in Belgium?.

tsheshabalaya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tsheshabalaya » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Dear Drifter,

Thanks about the article.

Used to ride with a group (we had a club called Redliners - some of us were also hunters), but as we grow older, my friends are giving up biking - or downgrading to smaller bikes.
So, I now ride alone. As a matter of fact, I have just done 3,000 kms from the Algarve via France to Geneva - where I am now - and shall be going back Monday.
Truth is on a long-distance bike trip, one makes 'friends' fast. It is always an easy conversation prop, and my German bike, Belgian plates and Indian looks catalyse the first words from total strangers. I like this way of travel for several reasons - not least because such interactions allow one to feel the pulse of different places and people.

I live mainly in the Algarve, but move to Belgium for 3-4 days every two weeks or so, although my bike - the 'main' one (an R1150 RS) - is based in Portugal. I have a 1973 R-65 in Belgium, which now replaces a K-1200R (tough to justify it being kept in harness - but it pales for serious long distance (plus routine/everyday) rides vis-a-vis the Boxer.

What about you ? There is a great course in the Algarve by the way, the Autodromo, which one can rent out. I used to do track in the 1990s (with an R-GSX). The 'kid' of someone I know, Xavier Simeon, is now coming up in the MotoGP world. His father and some other common friends were also heavy into pro karting, and at one point I had tried to get some upcoming racers from India there - never had the time to follow up, though.

Regards,

Tosh

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi Tosh,

I used to ride bikes a lot and do a bit of long distance but stopped now, as I dont think it is worth the risk with the bad infrastructure and crazy road sense of our fellow drivers and riders. I used to rally from 2003 - 2007 and switched to racing from 2007 - 2010, funding has become a bit of an issue. I have been blessed to have trained in the artic and finland to improve my rallying skills. I have attended the great Juha Kankunnen rally school and met the legendry Walter Rohrl in Germany. I would love to try the autodromo with a M5 or a 911 turbo would be a treat, the r-gsx must be good fun nimble and quick. I would love to do a 3000km ride would be a adventure of a lifetime, it would be the best way to soak in the sights and sounds of the local life enroute.

Xavier Simeon is doing Moto2 now. Nice to know that you tried to get some racers to Europe, in India the biggest drawback one has in motorsport is that there is none to mentor and guide parting of knowledge to youngsters is rare.PM me your tel no will call sometime.

reg,
drifter.