Some hunting pics:2011

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Some hunting pics:2011

Post by Vikram » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:00 am

357 S&W wrote:Nice Pics....I guess some of our friends have also asked, I am just curious as to why you guys are all dressed up to go for a party.
We are not used to seeing that here and believe me if ever you come here to hunt.....don't get that outfit here as you might be the center of attention rather than the birds. :)
I hope I can take that liberty to write about you Dev, If I have offended you, I apologize.
:cheers:

If I may, on formal driven shoots, the guns are not doing any rough work.There are pickers-up and beaters doing the job.The guns only shoot. One pays a lot of money to be on a driven shoot and it is a kind of a party,a gentlemen's shooting party.Why not dress well?

Tweed is an eminently practical,hard-wearing fabric and keeps one warm. Also, it looks very nice. English shooting grounds are often wet and muddy and wellingtons are not fashion statements but very practical footwear. Most of those shooting jackets have a fastener for the cartridge pocket flap.Very convenient during the flurry of fast incoming birds.There is a lot of practicality and culture built into them. People who build(t) some of the best shotguns would think of practical aspects of dress too. A lot depends on the culture too. By culture I do not mean class divisions. You hardly see any except on may be some very fancy shoots.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:56 am

Nice Pics....I guess some of our friends have also asked, I am just curious as to why you guys are all dressed up to go for a party.
We are not used to seeing that here and believe me if ever you come here to hunt.....don't get that outfit here as you might be the center of attention rather than the birds.
I hope I can take that liberty to write about you Dev, If I have offended you, I apologize.

Apologise? what for? dont be silly. were friends and will always be bro.

Yup this is very cultural. Traditionally the royal hunting way was that let the peasants do the work like go through covers etc. We just stand and shoot.

Just like in india the 'haanka' shikar.

the royalty would wait for animals to be driven towards them.
Now its tradition and on most 'good' shoots cammo etc clothing is not allowed neither semis or pumps.
Silk tie, good quality tweed, cheque shirt for men.

For women its like some fashion parade. Hermes scarves, designer shoes etc.

Also read the article in the magazine for which vikram recently provided a link.

As for me, i try to adjust to the type of shoot and have tried to gice varied type of ictures.see me almost invisible in one pic when i have become a bush (yes i am not in balaclava but behind that man)

and suited on the other extreme.

anything for shooting.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:18 pm

shooter,

Man excellent, ur not the one in the balaclava that is ridiculous thought as much because the exposed part of the hand was too pale. Can make out only after you pointed it out otherwise I would have still thought that your hands went pale before the snap was cilcked. That is the most formal I would dress for a board meeting, actually I dont even wear a tie for our company board meetings. But I have seen videos of royals shoot on a driven hunt all decked up with the ladies in the viewing gallery and the peasents doing the beat and drive. Interesting and a lot to learn thanks for the pics. What is the weapon limit for the UK?.

reg,
drifter.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:41 pm

no max limit.

lucky for me.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Bespoke
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bespoke » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Shooter Uncle dresses up so that he can attract some birds for the hunt! :D
“Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you.”

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:08 pm

at last shooter has his own hunt with the frangis doing the cooli work :lol: talk about upside down world eh :D nice going mate
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

357 S&W
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 357 S&W » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:58 pm

shooter wrote:
Nice Pics....I guess some of our friends have also asked, I am just curious as to why you guys are all dressed up to go for a party.
We are not used to seeing that here and believe me if ever you come here to hunt.....don't get that outfit here as you might be the center of attention rather than the birds.

Apologise? what for? dont be silly. were friends and will always be bro.

Yup this is very cultural. Traditionally the royal hunting way was that let the peasants do the work like go through covers etc. We just stand and shoot.

Just like in india the 'haanka' shikar.

the royalty would wait for animals to be driven towards them.
Now its tradition and on most 'good' shoots cammo etc clothing is not allowed neither semis or pumps.
Silk tie, good quality tweed, cheque shirt for men.

For women its like some fashion parade. Hermes scarves, designer shoes etc.

Also read the article in the magazine for which vikram recently provided a link.

As for me, i try to adjust to the type of shoot and have tried to gice varied type of ictures.see me almost invisible in one pic when i have become a bush (yes i am not in balaclava but behind that man)

and suited on the other extreme.

anything for shooting.
Vikram wrote:
357 S&W wrote:Nice Pics....I guess some of our friends have also asked, I am just curious as to why you guys are all dressed up to go for a party.
We are not used to seeing that here and believe me if ever you come here to hunt.....don't get that outfit here as you might be the center of attention rather than the birds. :)

If I may, on formal driven shoots, the guns are not doing any rough work.There are pickers-up and beaters doing the job.The guns only shoot. One pays a lot of money to be on a driven shoot and it is a kind of a party,a gentlemen's shooting party.Why not dress well?

Tweed is an eminently practical,hard-wearing fabric and keeps one warm. Also, it looks very nice. English shooting grounds are often wet and muddy and wellingtons are not fashion statements but very practical footwear. Most of those shooting jackets have a fastener for the cartridge pocket flap.Very convenient during the flurry of fast incoming birds.There is a lot of practicality and culture built into them. People who build(t) some of the best shotguns would think of practical aspects of dress too. A lot depends on the culture too. By culture I do not mean class divisions. You hardly see any except on may be some very fancy shoots.

Best-
Vikram

Vikram and Shooter; Thanks for the interesting information for the English hunts....now I know what to pack for the hunt when I am there.

Stress is the stimulant for Creativity

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:32 am

Nice share.. thanks
Cheers
MSandhu

357 S&W
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by 357 S&W » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Dear Shooter, Its nice you have shared the pictures of your hunts, how about sharing some good recipes too so that we all can enjoy the venison sitting in the coolers from the hunting season. I heard you are a good cook too.

Stress is the stimulant for Creativity

edgaringoa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by edgaringoa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Game over - now bring them back to life plz ! :cry:

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:04 am

edgaringoa wrote:Game over - now bring them back to life plz ! :cry:
Burrrrrrrp........Sorry, you were saying?

You're not going to ask me to bring the cabbage I ate last night back to life as well are you?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:26 am

its good, to see barbours and tattersall checks and wellies!!!
To Excellence through Diligence.

peterdk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by peterdk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:04 am

very stylish shooter, i am glad you keep up with the tradition, now we just need to get you a proper gun :) but i am sure that in time we will find something for you.

best

peter
Life is to short for a low quality gun

maximus
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by maximus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 am

Hi Shooter,

Congratulations!!!!! great shooting schedule you must have had & lovely pictures, thanks for sharing .....

Rudra

shooter wrote:[ Image ]

This was the last driven hunt of the season.You can see me standing in the line of guns.

[ Image ]

Final result. I am in the barn with my share.

[ Image ]

I am with a few of my hunting buddies. The only sxs you see has been brought 12 hours ago just for this shoot by my friend who usually shoots o/u.

[ Image ]

My friends dog. The unsung heroes of hunting.

[ Image ]
A good walked up shoot comprising a mixed bag. Shot between 5 guns.

[ Image ]
First shoot of the season

[ Image ]
After a days feretting and walked up shooting.

[ Image ]
after a moderate night of pest control.

[ Image ]

Typical countryside that we shoot in.

A few mixed pics from other shoots:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Some friends say i go OTT with camo. I dont agree. Tell me what you think. Hope you can spot me in the pic.

[ Image ]

See the results of good camo for yourselves:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Record 23 geese in 2 hours.

My darlings:

[ Image ]

I am sorry about the quality. Most pics were taken in field conditions. Plus somehow they have been cut on one side while uploading. Dont know how/why.

I would also like to take to thank Vikram, grumpy,hamiclar and MoA for their support, help and guidance.
These pics are only possible because of them and are dedicated to them. :cheers:
ITS NOT AS MUCH AS THE RIFLE BUT THE MAN BEHIND THE RIFLE

darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by darashp » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 am

very nice pics and pls keep posting like this. :cheers: i really love this one..