Cabela’s at Owatonna, Minnesota (Post One)

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Cabela’s at Owatonna, Minnesota (Post One)

Post by Sakobav » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:38 am

xl

Great photos -- Owatonna or near Cabela's there is an outlet mall - thats how we landed up there. never knew back then what Cabela's was imagine the surprise and excitement once I walked in and the outlet mall helps in keeping the better half busy. another thing was the shuttle from adjacent airport where folks flew in their planes turbo props mostly. Agreed now they are expanding all over the place back in mid - late 90s there were only handful of these stores.

I do recall Minneapolis had some other stores maybe Gander mountain dont recall specific name. There was one near Minnetonka mall ..ok enough of minnesota now miss that place

cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:49 am

vrohan59 wrote:Thanks for posting the pictures,really nice :D By the way,can anyone tell me if sport fishing is legal in India?
Vrohan59,
I don't know if it is legal to do this anymore but in the mid '70s, when my father was stationed at Udhampur, our family went on a vacation in Kashmir. It was early spring and most of the hotels were empty. When we went to Pahalgam, the manager of the hotel was a Bong like us and he got very friendly with us. He arranged for guides and we bought a fishing license and were taken to some fantastic trout streams. The manager had told my dad; "you catch the fish and we will prepare it a different way every day".
In short; amazing scenery, amazing fishing and amazing food. Quite an experience.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Excellent post,good sir.Many thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:45 pm

hi

u should be proud to be in usa for atleast seeing all these shops with interesting guns and rifles..........great photos.......
Thanks

GANESH TT

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:51 pm

:cpix: xl. As usual, we can only drool. :evil:

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

virk1313

Post by virk1313 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:22 pm

I am so glad they are going to open first Cabelas in the Gateway Mall Springfield Oregon on May 5th 2011. 4 PM is the grand opening, I have a Subway Sandwich restaurant in there . This will bring good business for us too . This is the first store in state of Oregon. One was in Tacoma Washington and another was in Boise Idaho. I am so excited.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:04 pm

I just went to the Cabela's in Frisco, TX. It was the store's grand opening. I went there because they had a grand opening sale on and they were selling these for $89.95:

This is a single shot .22. My family will be getting together in Paradise, the Land of Enchantment, for a family reunion and it is time for Dziadzi to introduce the older ones to shooting.

Anyway, this Cabela's is bigger than the one in Ft. Worth. However, they do not have the impressive mountain display, the extensive river aquarium, or the sizable displays of mounted North American and African game that the Ft. Worth store has.

I also note that this new store doesn't have nearly as much reloading stuff, like dies and trimmers like the Ft. Worth store.

The Cabela family sold out to a corporation and I see big time the influence of "Bean counters." We have all these people here blathering on about how wonderful business is, but the fact is that there is nothing at all like someone who runs a store because they love what they are doing, as opposed to just trying to make as much money as possible. The old Cabela family did expand their business tremendously, but one still had the feeling that they really LIKED hunting and fishing. I don't get that flavor at all from the new store.

Mind you, I'm not complaining that they opened up a place just "down the road." I do hope it won't drive small gun shops out of business.

We also have a branch of "Cheaper than Dirt" down the road here now, and the branch also has the flavor of a plastic interchangeable part, like a Wal Mart or some such thing for guns.

There is simply nothing like the pleasure of a small gun shop!!! Unfortunately, the big chains can and do sell things like ammunition cheaper than these small stores can buy it! I have heard from gun store owners who have sent their people down to Wal Mart to buy up ammunition on sale to stock their own shelves. This is sad.

But others call it progress.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman