take a look !!

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

take a look !!

Post by farhan.lateefi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:53 pm

take a look !!
Last edited by farhan.lateefi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

For Advertising mail webmaster
vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Take a look !!

Post by vrohan59 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Nice :D can you tell a little about these weapons.
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 pm

This is a very interesting post.

After a long time, there has been an interesting post (for me) on the ifg

Thanks a lot for posting it.

nice jeep. willys? Either the condition of roads in hyderabad has become pathetic and it has been still raining or you have been driving it in the rural areas.

of course the guns too.

i could see the iof .315.tell us us about the others. You have had a stock extension on the iof.

Whoever commissioned that must be a TALL man.

Looks like a car garage. Having a car garage so big in middle of a suburb (buildings visible through the 'window' is great. Tells a bit about the owner and his acquaintance. No wonder a good collection.This also reflects in the kit but i cant comment on the glasses as the pic is a bit blurred. The slips are padded so either foreign make or some good quality indian make i dont know about (it wasnt easy to find indian made padded slips when i used to be there.

Last but not the least nice choice nokia n95. One of the best phones. It has a 5 mppix camera. Really good. If ure not using it , it means:
you either have another phone with a better camera with a higher resolution or

a better digital camera or

that its not your phone.

The fact that its lying right there means the owner is close by and is close to you. So you could have used it.

So leaves option a or b

only few models of sony erricson phones have better cameras than a n95. But few people have both a sony and a nokia. Its not about money but personalities and brand preferance

So you probably used a digital camera. But in that case, since it is day, the pics shouldnt be blurry as you could have easily seen the quality after having taken the pics. Usually people take more than one pic and post the better ones. But the better ones are blurred which means others were even more blurred and you didnt know they would be blurred after taking it. Which in turns mean the digital cam had a small viewing screen.

If thats the case, it must be an older model.

So why would a person use an older model digicam over a n95? Or another camera phone.

One possible explanation is that the phone is not the photographers and though the owner is a close friend, not that close/or that tech savvy that he will later email the pics.
Please tell me so i can understand and it will serve me for future case studies.

Of course i have ruled out some more obvious options like lack of time, lack of technical know how etc.

These questions might not be directed at farhan but to the person whos taken the pics.

regards

shooter.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Nice jeep! I too have a Willys MB. Yours, by the chassis front member, seems to be one too. :wink: My grandpa bought some after the war. One of them is still going strong!

Whats the the other rifle apart from the .315?
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:30 pm

My Dear Watson ... talk about eye for detail.. . All pics are shot by my sony ericsson W960.. it was so sunny i couldnt see anything i was pointing at..you are right i have taken some pics with a digital cam but the battery is cold dead and i will post them once i am out of lazy boy..
shooter wrote:This is a very interesting post.

After a long time, there has been an interesting post (for me) on the ifg
Yeah i can see what you mean..
Thanks a lot for posting it.

nice jeep. willys? Either the condition of roads in hyderabad has become pathetic and it has been still raining or you have been driving it in the rural areas.
yeah its MB Willys.. we were staying at the farm came back late night..didnt care to put the top back on so you see we were driving in the country...
of course the guns too.

i could see the iof .315.tell us us about the others. You have had a stock extension on the iof.
yes the stock got an extension... you are right again.. it belongs to my Uncle.
Whoever commissioned that must be a TALL man.
not really..

Looks like a car garage. Having a car garage so big in middle of a suburb (buildings visible through the 'window' is great. Tells a bit about the owner and his acquaintance. No wonder a good collection.This also reflects in the kit but i cant comment on the glasses as the pic is a bit blurred. The slips are padded so either foreign make or some good quality indian make i dont know about (it wasnt easy to find indian made padded slips when i used to be there.

i think we got the slips from Dubai... the house belongs to my cousin, the other rifle you see in the picture is a .375 HnH. one westley richards and my JW tolley both 32 inch barrels. we were doing some targeting at the farm and hence the cleaning... The glases are my Ray Bans ..

Last but not the least nice choice nokia n95. One of the best phones. It has a 5 mppix camera. Really good. If ure not using it , it means:
you either have another phone with a better camera with a higher resolution or

a better digital camera or

that its not your phone.

The fact that its lying right there means the owner is close by and is close to you. So you could have used it.

So leaves option a or b

only few models of sony erricson phones have better cameras than a n95. But few people have both a sony and a nokia. Its not about money but personalities and brand preferance

I personally like the sony ericsson and have been using various models form them for as long as i remember..you are right yet again it about "personality"

So you probably used a digital camera. But in that case, since it is day, the pics shouldnt be blurry as you could have easily seen the quality after having taken the pics. Usually people take more than one pic and post the better ones. But the better ones are blurred which means others were even more blurred and you didnt know they would be blurred after taking it. Which in turns mean the digital cam had a small viewing screen.

I took all the pics both using the digital cam and the mobile phone after the cam died i used my phone ...

If thats the case, it must be an older model.

So why would a person use an older model digicam over a n95? Or another camera phone.

One possible explanation is that the phone is not the photographers and though the owner is a close friend, not that close/or that tech savvy that he will later email the pics.
Please tell me so i can understand and it will serve me for future case studies.

Of course i have ruled out some more obvious options like lack of time, lack of technical know how etc.
Laziness??

These questions might not be directed at farhan but to the person whos taken the pics.
I am the person in question..

regards

shooter.
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:58 pm

@ shooter,
ART OF DEDUCTION.. :cheers:

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks for the confirmation and explaining.

one last question.

If your uncle isnt tall or doesnt have really long arms, why have such a long stock?

BTW, do you ming posting close ups of other guns?

regards

shooter.

-- 06 Oct 2010, 15:42 --
My Dear Watson ... talk about eye for detail

thanks i have purposely omitted the more obvious facts.
@ shooter,
ART OF DEDUCTION..

thanks
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

dilip
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dilip » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 pm

acording to me
12 bore w j jeffrey hammer gun , .315 rifle , mauser .375 mag, geco german 12 bore

nice :cpix: :cpix:

Sid
Powale Arms Repaires and Dealer Mumbai

z375
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by z375 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:58 am

dilip wrote:acording to me
12 bore w j jeffrey hammer gun , .315 rifle , mauser .375 mag, geco german 12 bore

Sid
The .375 H&H is a Winchester post-64 Mod 70, not a Mauser
"With solid bullets on heavy animals such as elephant, rhino and buffalo this power is quite apparent but is not so obvious as when soft-nose bullets are being used, say, lion, particularly when is a case of stopping a charge : the .404 will stop him all right, but will seldom crumple him quite so completely as will the .416" -- John Taylor, Big Game and Big Game Rifles, (Ch. IX)

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:53 am

z375 wrote:The .375 H&H is a Winchester post-64 Mod 70, not a Mauser
......and with a good scope for a change :wink:

dilip
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dilip » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 am

z375 wrote:
dilip wrote:acording to me

Sid
The .375 H&H is a Winchester post-64 Mod 70, not a Mauser
Thanx Zubin for correcting :cheers:
Powale Arms Repaires and Dealer Mumbai

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Farhan,

Nice babies there. :)

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:22 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
z375 wrote:The .375 H&H is a Winchester post-64 Mod 70, not a Mauser
......and with a good scope for a change :wink:
Right the scope on the .375 is a Carl Zeiss 3-9*40..

-- Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:23 am --
m24 wrote:Hi Farhan,

Nice babies there. :)

Regards

Thanks a lot..

-- Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 am --
shooter wrote:Thanks for the confirmation and explaining.

one last question.

If your uncle isnt tall or doesnt have really long arms, why have such a long stock?

He rarely use his rifle.. so we got it done for us.

BTW, do you ming posting close ups of other guns?

Done

regards

shooter.

-- 06 Oct 2010, 15:42 --
My Dear Watson ... talk about eye for detail

thanks i have purposely omitted the more obvious facts.
@ shooter,
ART OF DEDUCTION..

thanks

Patrick Henry

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 pm

farhan.lateefi wrote:he scope on the .375 is a Carl Zeiss 3-9*40..
Let me guess, a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 with (considering the Indian nature to not over spend on what is perceived to be fluff) a #20 Z plex reticle

-- Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:40 pm --
farhan.lateefi wrote:he scope on the .375 is a Carl Zeiss 3-9*40..
Let me guess, a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 with (considering the Indian nature to not over spend on what is perceived to be fluff) a #20 Z plex reticle

sudesh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sudesh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 am

Good collection farhan
लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
बाऩध साफा जब गबरू तयार होते.....
देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके.....
और कहते
"काश हम भी जाट होते"......
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for dinner and finding a well-informed, well-armed sheep."