Members Please Read - Important

READ FIRST before posting anywhere!
jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:19 am

Hey Vikram , :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence .. Infact since past handful of mails, just being adressing a thank you note to all .. :wink:

Dont reckon anything or anyone might ever convince me to try bird shooting, which in a layman term is considered a ' blood sport ' , nonetheless, am know considering to atleast make an effort to enter the ' Riffle Association ' at Worli , Mumbai, very close to my residence . They say , ' Never say Never ' or best ' There's a start to everything ..' :wink:

We shall indeed share enterprising conversartion on equines and related sports and if u may, we can also exchange videos on show jumping ( been in the jumping arena since 3 yrs now and starting Dressage training this summer ).

Jumy.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Members Please Read - Important

Post by Vikram » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:47 am

There are many gun owners who do not hunt.There is a place for everyone. By clay birds I meant saucer like targets made of clay and when thrown into the air by a machine resemble the flight of birds.They are shot in the air moving very fast.

Many aeons ago,when I expressed my desire to learn horse riding, vocally supported by our "Khan uncle" who endorsed that "it's a very good exercise", my dad in his sagely wisdom quipped that "You mean for the horse?".Don't mistake, My dad was being kind to the horses. :lol:

Do post about equestrian, do post on the out-door sports,recreation board.Shall be a pleasure.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

jumq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jumq » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:24 am

Hey Vikram,

Oooppsss.. thought birds were the targetted birds to be shot and not the discs to be aimed .. :wink: Was planning to head this week ( something on the priority list ) to find out more details from Rifle Association, Worli . Taking a short term shooting course , preferably stationary shooting or range shooting ( not sure how U connoseiurs term it as ) ,might be a stepping stone . Although owning a peice is a far fetched thought since i belong to that genre of society where even discussions of guns and ammunitions are still considered a tabboo..lol. This morning when called dad back home and expressed my interest of joining the Riffle Association , rather humourously he states " From equestrain to terrorism eh ..! :lol: " but then ofcourse i read the message between the lines loud and clear .. lol.

Shall indeed send in posts on outdoor sports .

Jumy.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:34 pm

Jumy,

I'm surprised that you're from Dubai and never got to shoot while you rode at equestrian events. Most gun clubs and equestrian clubs in the GCC countries are associated with each other and some years ago I was offered a sponsorship by one of the Kuwait rulers to set up a gun shop there with a membership in the country's gun and equestrian sports club. I did not take this up (and ended up offending the gentleman inadvertently) because I was preparing to move to the USA at the time though I did check on gun ownership laws in the region.

The world's largest shooting and hunting forum, Accurate Reloading is based in Dubai and owned by Saeed bin Hasher Al Maktoum. Also, most GCC countries have laws that are extremely gun enthusiast friendly but for their citizens alone, not for foreigners resident there, if you are not a UAE citizen, that is. And Dubai produced an Olympic shooting medallist, the younger brother of Saeed AL Maktoum though in recent months, the Qataris have been working hard and seem determind not to let Dubai get away with prizes in international competition. I do find it surprising that even your father has an anti gun view in the light of what is actually going on in the shooting sports there.
Before I lose track, welcome to this group. All shooters are welcome, bar none. And I do hope that the other women posters would post as well. Their continued silence on a thread like this one which I started to get their views on baffles me.

Best wishes and do try and shoot sometime. You should find it great fun - my wife tolerated my shooting but did not seem to want to try it until MArk's children dragged her to their range behind his home and got her to shoot one of their little 22s. SHe is now addicted to it. :lol: In any case, women make some of the best shooters and I am sure that if you become interested in the sport, you would do very well.

Sourojit
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sourojit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:37 pm

I think it should be made a rule not to post 'Vulgar Jokes' here.I think that will be all.Other kinds of jokes are not supposed to offend anyone.
And anyways,I have not yet seen any women's posts or replies on posts either.
And I too,am,surprised to see Jumy from Dubai taking an Interest in this site.

And this is to Jumy:
I loved riding horses when I was a child.But I would hate to do it now.Because the horses do all the running and jumping,yet it is always the person on it's back that gets the medal and the credit,all the other honours.I feel that it is not right.If I do something I will do it myself,not use someone who is not as witty as me.It is exploitation of animals.

Anyways,I would love to read posts by you. :D
"Give me blood,I will give you freedom."
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:56 pm

personally speaking no jokes of any nature should be allowed as i am anti humorist and find all jockes offensive.

being sad is the way to go.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.