very well done Abhijeet

For Advertising mail webmaster
rsuresh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Sunilssn banned for attempt to defraud

Post by rsuresh » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

Will that be good if IFG can highlight about the people who are banned by including a reason why they are banned? Can benefit the other members? This is a typical example that explains with reasoning.

Thanks.
--Suresh.R

tonysilas
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tonysilas » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:27 pm

:agree: :agree:
rsuresh wrote:Hi Abhijeet,

Will that be good if IFG can highlight about the people who are banned by including a reason why they are banned? Can benefit the other members? This is a typical example that explains with reasoning.

Thanks.
‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:23 pm

I have a doubt here -- how do we prevent such people from signing-up again under assumed identities? Sunilssn can as well sign-up as Deepak Kumar, and we'll know nothing about him, maybe until he tries to scam one of us. Is there a possibility to release controlled information about this person - say real name, or the residence city, or email address, or something else that will help us keep our eyes open? Yes, these can be false too, but then provide some more valuable inputs while making a decision.

I have seen similar instances of scamming where multiple identities have been assumed (including paypal email, personal email, and even addressess). Interestingly, there have been instances where local people "pay a visit" to the scamster, along with the law enforcement - especially when the money involved is high.

Thanks for the vigilance, and a good job by the mods. There are too many black sheep these days...

Your moderator team does its best to eliminate resigning under different login names. Please understand that banning someone from using IFG is quite a different matter from posting personal information about individuals. The buy/sell feature of IFG was intended as a service to members, allowing them to dispose of or obtain items according to their needs. There is a considerable amount of work that goes into attempting to preserve this purpose.

alfaromeo17
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by alfaromeo17 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:39 am

:agree:
I'M NOT GOD I'M JUST HIS SECOND IN COMMAND.

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey I have an idea.
I can transfer 1 SBBL 12 bore Indian shotgun on Mr. Sunilssn's license. Let him get 500 Winchester or Remington or Federal cartridges from the US. I will keep half of the lot i.e 250 for myself, 1 quarter for Mr. SunilSSN for his trouble i.e 125 cartridges and 125 cartridges to be distributed to all IFG members.

Wot do u say???
Monish

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed May 18, 2011 2:27 pm

monty3006 wrote:Hey I have an idea.
I can transfer 1 SBBL 12 bore Indian shotgun on Mr. Sunilssn's license. Let him get 500 Winchester or Remington or Federal cartridges from the US. I will keep half of the lot i.e 250 for myself, 1 quarter for Mr. SunilSSN for his trouble i.e 125 cartridges and 125 cartridges to be distributed to all IFG members.

Wot do u say???
I hope there is a lot of sarcasm and dry humour loaded into that post.Else, that gives wrong impression to us,antis and law enforcement. :idea:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:10 pm

"I hope there is a lot of sarcasm and dry humour loaded into that post.Else, that gives wrong impression to us,antis and law enforcement. "
Haha.... Can't we have a small laugh after this serious banter?
Monish

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:14 pm

monty3006 wrote:"I hope there is a lot of sarcasm and dry humour loaded into that post.Else, that gives wrong impression to us,antis and law enforcement. "
Haha.... Can't we have a small laugh after this serious banter?
We certainly can laugh if it was clear that it was in fun.Sometimes it is difficult to be certain of the intent on internet without the aid of emoticans like ' :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: ' etc. :cheers:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:16 pm

My bad Captain.
I stand corrected.
Now about those cartridges... :wink: :wink:
Monish

armoured.aryaman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by armoured.aryaman » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi guys, though not very familiar with this site, i would still like to know how mods keep track of some one who has been banned, as a person just types very basic info while registering (with only one email id), & it is possible cheats can come back using some other alias...
this is slightly nerve wracking as many good deals surface here, and the person has no rating.
Isnt it possible to use some kind of rating and cross checking methods here?
Thanks

jimgun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jimgun » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:22 pm

just a suggestion,
when we have banned a xyz person,he obviously being a fraud; should we not mention all the information i.e..hisfull name ,address, mobile no.,identity proof,alternate email id's......which oftenly are send by pm's. this is just to avoid future dealings with him, even if he logs on with another new id on the forum.

deepinder
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deepinder » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:42 pm

well the IP address of all or one computer that the banned person used should be recorded and denied access to ifg server
ds

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Sunilssn banned for attempt to defraud

Post by choombak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Internet, by design, supports anonymity so there should be multiple checks and balances. Being vigilant is the best. :-)