Unscheduled Site Downtime 19 - 20 August 2019

READ FIRST before posting anywhere!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Unscheduled Site Downtime 19 - 20 August 2019

Post by mundaire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:41 pm

As some of you may have noticed, our site was down from early morning 19th August 2019 to about 16:30 IST 20th August 2019.

The downtime was caused due to a server compromise which resulted in very high loads causing the server to behave erratically.

We've now moved to a new server (with the same cloud provider) by doing a fresh install using our data backup.

As a result of this, in case someone's post has vanished into the ether, we apologise for the inconvenience and request that you repost it.

Meanwhile I've had to disable some plug-ins to ensure system stability. In case there is some specific functionality you are missing as a result of this, please feel to let us know by posting on this thread.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Unscheduled Site Downtime 19 - 20 August 2019

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi Abhijeet sir,
In the recent topics I am able to see 6 most recent topics and if I click on the link to view second page of the list or the third page then its not showing them instead it is showing only the first list of 6 topics again and again. I wanted to show the screenshots but was not able to find the option to do that.

Regards

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 pm

You're right, there does seem to be an issue there, will look into it tomorrow.

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:14 am

It's been partly fixed, but now only "unread" topics will be displayed in recent topics i.e. once you click through on a topic and read it, it will not display (for you) next time you go to the home page, till such time as there is another post (unread by you) on the same topic.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Abhijeet ji, as I clicked on 'Mark Forums read', all the recent topics are gone and instead I am getting 'There are no new topics to display.'

Regards

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:39 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:32 pm
Hi Abhijeet ji, as I clicked on 'Mark Forums read', all the recent topics are gone and instead I am getting 'There are no new topics to display.'

Regards
Please read what I have posted above, recent topics is now set to only display those topics which are "unread" by an individual member. Hence, if you have marked all as "read", nothing will display, until someone makes a fresh post.

Cheers!

www.gunowners.in

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:52 pm

There seems to be a bug in the system, so have removed pagination completely and in stead moved recent topics to the right hand of the page.

www.gunowners.in