Diana 35 import story

READ FIRST before posting anywhere!
shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:46 am

A luckier person, had carried it through Bombay customs without any trouble.

This was also a Diana 35 in .177 calibre with Iron Sights only.

He gave it to me, and I sold it to this guy from Banglore because he wanted it badly.

I had taken it out to the range to sight it, I met this real estate guy there. He came back to my house asking for it .

Since he had offered me some good apartments in Banglore in pre booking gains that would bring back good benefits and was ready to pay good price for this Diana I gave it to him along with some 1400 ( 7 tins I guess ) odd Gamo and H & N pellets for I no longer had any use for .177 pellets

I FOUND THIS on Govt. Of India site. Again the same text.

9304 OTHER ARMS (FOR EXAMPLE, SPRING, AIR OR GAS GUNS AND PISTOLS, TRUNCHEONS), EXCLUDING THOSE OF heading 9307
9304 00 00 Other Arms (for example, spring,
air or gas guns and pistols,
truncheons), excluding those of
heading 9307 Restricted However, import of 0.177 bore air guns and air pistols will be free for shooters registered with Rifle Clubs or District/State/National Rifles Association.

On the govt. of India dg
ftp://dgftcom.nic.in/ftproot/itchsi07042006.zip
Chapter no. 93

Chapter no. 95 has a very broad coverage under Toy Weapons. Here the proof of this not penetrating a specified wooden board theory is applicable.
Last edited by shahid on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:20 pm

I am most interested in getting a soft or digital copy ( to print ) of this old exim policy. If I have this exim policy it will help my case greatly.
See the link I posted in my first post on this thread.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Saw this link. It says there is a 35 % import duty on Spring AIr Rifles. It also says there is a 35 % import duty on Shotguns, Cartridges, Grenades, Muzzle Loading weapons and everything else in this chapter.

35 % duty is specified fine. But where does it say import of Air Rifles is allowed ? Neither does it say anything on import of shotguns and rifles. We know it is not allowed to import shotguns or rifles.

But however chapter 93 clearly mentions .177 rifle can be imported subject to card condition.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:53 pm

shahid";p="24589 wrote:Again Inder saheb, I maintain that HW 80 and upgrade kits are available in Dubai. SO are other teflon washers, seals, pistons and other spare parts.

There are dealers, all buying directly from various manufacturers in Europe, UK and now USA as well for a lot of Daisy and Winchester ( made by Daisy ) products are being sold here.

The other IFG members who went shopping for Air Rifles in Dubai were not with me or did not contact me, so I cannot be held liable for their comment that HW 80 is not available in Dubai.

I did go through the old posts, Hunter mentioned he could not find HW80, then he said he saw HW 80 somewhere, If you ask for HW80 as en English gun there will be confusion, it is German. Tuning kits by V mach or anyone else are sold seperately, not pre installed. There are other makers too whose kits are available, so are many springs and spares, i did carry some and gave it to other IFG members ? So where are lies in these events ?

Hello..what this about????
I dont think I have ever mentioned that there are no HW80's available in Dubai,as,they are available like rain..well I saw plenty at Al Sayad in Diera!I know the difference between the HW80 and British Guns!,and I do know about Venom kits.I did not find these kits during my last visit to Dubai. If they are available now I will pick one up for my HW80.Tell me where I can buy one in Dubai !

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:03 pm

But where does it say import of Air Rifles is allowed ?
Do you suppose they will quote a percentage for something that cannot be imported?
Neither does it say anything on import of shotguns and rifles. We know it is not allowed to import shotguns or rifles.
You are forgetting that there is something know as Transfer of Residence (TR)....

What's more, with the new rules coming into force, those who achieve the MQS in their particular disciplines will be permitted to import a firearm (shotgun, rifle or pistol) that corressponds to the event in which they achieved the MQS.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Same place, his three shops. But not many HW 80s are available now. Lets go there when you come in, I wonder if any new stocks of HW rifles have come, not been there for over 3 months, had plenty of ammo / Co2 cylinders in stock.

He came to my Woodland showroom although about 3 weeks ago. I happpened to be there. He said he has some new Umarex pellets. Since I am quite happy with the H & N i use, I never bothered to check them up.

Even if you can get an HW80 it is good enough. A tuning kit and mounting instructions can be arranged by courier, direct from Airgun World in UK, some real good stuff. Same about scopes. Al Seyad has no genuine Air Rifle scopes. Only BSA and Gamo Air Rifle scopes are sold near the creek in Captain stores. A scope like HAwk, Simmons or Nikko Sterling can be imported by courier. I had done the same thing, got it from Cyprus.

Mack The Knife - If someone achieves MQS does he have to pay 35 % duty ? If yes still not bad.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Diana 35 import story

Post by Hunter » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:11 pm

I think u have missed the point Shahid..I am talking about buying tuning kits directly from dealers in Dubai,not importing into Dubai. If memory serves me right u posted that they were available in Dubai! I know Captains stores I picked up my Gamo CFX Royal from him the last time! We will catch up when I visit next!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:15 pm

A tuning kit and mounting instructions can be arranged by courier, direct from Airgun World in UK
As in the magazine? If so, let's have the details. Used to subscribe to them until early this year and I never saw any such scheme.
Mack The Knife - If someone achieves MQS does he have to pay 35 % duty?
Yes.

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Airgun world is also an online store. There are some others too selling kits, I don't remember correctly off hand, there is one called Manchester Rfiles, Blackpool rifles etc., there are a good seven to eight stores who sell these products online.

The one from whom I bought the Nikko Sterling stores, is actually a UK store, charges in Pounds sterling but ships stuff from Cyprus. Don't remeber the name have it in the other laptop. if anyone requires anything let me know I'll fish out the address and post the link to his site.

Hunter - Yes kits, teflon washers and seals / spares, springs are very much available here but not well stocked. You may not get it for the model you have bought. It depends on which rifle you buy in Dubai, then order it, if not available. There are small stocks of HW rifles at any given time. If you are looking for HW97 or 95, it may not be here, or you may be lucky and find what you want, but plenty of Diana products are available. If you want Gamo then let me know, I'll take you to their wholesale importer. He too has some upgrade kits and plenty of assecories in stock.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:59 pm

Airgun world is also an online store.
And so it is but it appears to be a U.S. based site.

http://www.airgunworld.com/

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:06 pm

U S based sites will also ship here, barring a few optical products, difference is they charge in US $, but many UK sites have a US $ billing facility too.

THere is another site in the UK too with a similar name. I'll send you the link.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 pm

shahid";p="24624 wrote: Mack The Knife - If someone achieves MQS does he have to pay 35 % duty ? If yes still not bad.
HI! Sahid I think if under the new rules u shoot MQS then u r a renowned shot and eligible for duty exemption. The NRAI will only recomend ur case for a .177 ar though ;)

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:48 pm

Mea culpa. It is indeed duty free import.

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=1903

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:01 am

shutzen";p="24656 wrote:
shahid";p="24624 wrote: Mack The Knife - If someone achieves MQS does he have to pay 35 % duty ? If yes still not bad.
HI! Sahid I think if under the new rules u shoot MQS then u r a renowned shot and eligible for duty exemption. The NRAI will only recomend ur case for a .177 ar though ;)
.177 is already under duty free import. Why will NRAI recommend me ? I have not achieved any MQS score in any competition, matter of fact I have never competed in any Indian event for over a decade.

I and some others do plan to come in this year for Trap and Double trap events.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:25 am

HI! Sahid if u go the shooting club i-card way u dont need the mqs . But as u had specifically asked if mqs shooters are allowed duty free import - I answered ur querry and the agency to certify ur mqs is the NRAI and ur case has to be recomended by them. Hope its more clear now
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!