Fenix Lights - trolling on IFG!!!

READ FIRST before posting anywhere!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Fenix Lights - trolling on IFG!!!

Post by mundaire » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:59 pm

The Fenix Lights marketing guy xp860923 seems to have decided to target IFG with flame. He was previously banned from IFG some months back due to his spamming the boards with blatant plugs for his co's products, using this and another ID. Anyhow, the ban was lifted recently and he started posting again on the fenix thread - http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 09#p118309

He was also sent a PM that he could continue posting, but he should not hijack unrelated threads and only offer links back to his own company website(s) in a support context, careful not to seem to be blatantly promoting his own products. After that we discovered that he had created 1 more ID (Antony) which he was using to pose as an unrelated member praising/ promoting his own products (Fenix Lights). That ID was banned a couple of days back, as we have a strict NO DUPLICATE ID policy on IFG

It would seem as "revenge" for this, he has decided to flame the boards with rather distasteful anti-Indian posts, by creating multiple other IDs here... complete with gutter language directed both at this board as well as Indians in general. This trolling was spread over multiple posts/ threads which have since been moved to moderator section.

I for one would be very wary of buying products from a company whose employees indulge in such behaviour and will be writing a strongly worded letter to Fenix Lights regarding this incident.

I would also like to commend all IFG members for the restraint & maturity displayed by all, not falling into the trap of responding to the provocative posts made by the Fenix employee(s) AND especially to the members who sent instant SMS' to the moderators they are in touch with, allowing for prompt action to be taken.

Thank you all for helping maintain the high standards of this board :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Fenix Lights - trolling on IFG!!!

Post by Rajat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:13 pm

I agree with you Abhijeet. I have just witnessed one of these anti Indian posts. I was wondering who would do such a thing but now it makes sense.

We should definitely bring this to the notice of Fenix Lights. Please do proceed with this. This was a rather shameful act on the part of their employees and I condemn this sort of a behavior.

It seems they have one customer less now.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Rajat wrote:
It seems they have one customer less now.
Make that two Rajat.

By the way, can you gents post the links of these anti India /IFG rants? Are these on forums different to IFG?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Bruno22
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bruno22 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Let's go down the Surefire,Leupold, NovaTac,Princeton Tec, Photon Micro-Light, Blackhawk Night-Ops, Pelican, NexTorch, Streamlight, UK Underwater Kinetics, 'Good old' Mag-Lite, Inova, Hell Fighter way. Would rather burn a candle than use a 'Fenix'. So guys there are some great options for members to explore. In terms of Pelican, I have purchased their gun cases and also posted (twice) the name and address of their dealer in Delhi. Lets boycott 'Fenix' lights. That should teach the errant salesperson a lesson or two. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Nope, not a different forum. They were posted on multiple threads here, but their distasteful language meant that they were moved to the moderator's only section ASAP and can no longer be viewed publicly. They are however preserved, in case further action needs to be taken - whether it is reporting the matter to the Better Business Bureau or the judicial courts.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Hamiclair,

We'd rather not dwell on stale manure. The content of the posts were just infantile racist rants and name calling to be precise.

Lets 'flush' this down to where it belongs and get back to business. :D
Thanks for the prompt action Big Gun.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:01 pm

OverUnderPump wrote:Thanks for the prompt action Big Gun.
All thanks to your prompt SMS sire! :D

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Bruno22 wrote:Let's go down the Surefire,Leupold, NovaTac,Princeton Tec, Photon Micro-Light, Blackhawk Night-Ops, Pelican, NexTorch, Streamlight, UK Underwater Kinetics, 'Good old' Mag-Lite, Inova, Hell Fighter way.
Add to this: First Light, Brunton, Wiseled, 5.11, Energizer, Bushnell, Gerber, Icon, Leatherman, Princeton Tec, Smith & Wesson, Phoebus, Leapers, Dark Ops, Coast, Browning and many more
Would rather burn a candle than use a 'Fenix'. Lets boycott 'Fenix' lights. That should teach the errant salesperson a lesson or two. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I agree.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Ok then - Reason enough to switch to Maglite :-)
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:21 pm

snIPer wrote:Ok then - Reason enough to switch to Maglite :-)
/S/
Ah good old Maglites.... I still use the old non LED wallas....
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Bruno22 wrote:. Lets boycott 'Fenix' lights. That should teach the errant salesperson a lesson or two. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:agree:
i will stick to my britelite Led

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:05 pm

/S/

Or upgrade to the Surefire!! :D :D

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by choombak » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 am

Rajat wrote:
/S/
Or upgrade to the Surefire!! :D :D
You seem to be a rich guy, Rajat. ;-) I'd rather upgrade to 4sevens lights (Quark, Quark mini, Preon).

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:47 pm

I did not know that only the rich bought Surefires :lol:

It all depends not on what you have but what you plan to do with it.

Anyway, I was waiting for your comment on this thread. If I am not wrong it was you who introduced this Fenix Lights marketing guy xp860923 / Peter to IFG. Not that I hold this against you, of course you cannot take responsibility for his actions but I was wondering, since you are closely connected with him and the company, if you could help Mundaire in reporting this incident to the management.

Thanks for your help.

mahboob
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mahboob » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:24 am

sure abhijeet i agree with u