Bangalore unsafe!!

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Bangalore unsafe!!- Another one today

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:27 am

Ranjeet Singh";p="9230 wrote:Guys, I am reading another incident of a techie being stabbed yesterday again on the ORR, its on TOI 3rd page..

Regards
Ranjeet

Sad Very Sad... :(

Thats why I always carry my knife with me. I don't know what I will do if end up in a situation but precaution never hurts..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:33 am

Mehul,

He retired and went into politics. He is based in Bangalore.

When HSR Layout was still considered a far flung and barely inhabited colony of Bangalore (how fast this city has grown!) my friend, Prathap, foiled a dacoity at his place single handedly and with nothing more than buckets full of broken glass (he is in the stained glass business) thrown from the balcony at the blighters and tons of guts.

Sangliana visited him the next day and told him to apply for a shotty licence immediately and off the record, Prathap was told to shoot to kill rather than just incapacitate.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Re: Bangalore unsafe!!

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:37 am

Mack The Knife,

Very, very nice. I do wish there were more men of principle like him in politics! It is a good thing that people like him are entering what was once the profession of the khadder and topi types. I think there is hope for India!

theta
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by theta » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:42 pm

bangalore definately lost it rep as a safe city...... but frm wat i've seen and heard knives are a gr8er threat than guns....

Bright
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bright » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:16 pm

recently, 3 people were murdered in bangalore.. may be a couple of days back.. having guard dogs can be very effective! they deter criminals well!
-Arun

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:09 pm

I was saddened to hear about the loss of life.
I was carjacked in Nairobi and have seen the wrong end of a spanking new Kalashnikov couple of inches from my face, was very lucky to get away in one piece that night.
Its really sad this is happening in Bangalore. All, please be careful. Avoid going out alone in a car or and definitely not on a bike. Its simply not worth the risk.
Most IT jobs are now moving down south, Bangalore in particular. IT professionals are always lucrative targets for the criminals, given our lifestyle.

M.
mehulkamdar wrote:Thanks, Mack The Knife. J M Sangliana must have retired some time ago? Or was he promoted and transferred? I have heard that he was a good man and sympathetic to law abiding gun owners as well.

Cheers!
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

Bright
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bright » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:35 am

were you attacked in bangalore?
-Arun

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:56 pm

No,

It happened in Nairobi, capital of Kenya in East Africa.

M.
Bright wrote:were you attacked in bangalore?
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai