Bangalore unsafe!!

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Bangalore unsafe!!

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:08 pm

==================================================================
Last edited by Ranjeet Singh on Sun May 30, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Bangalore unsafe!!

Post by penpusher » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:47 pm

Ranjeet,

Sorry to hear about this.No road in India,at least in North India, is safe after dark.Not even the busy ones.

penpusher

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Ranjeet,
Adhip's family claims it could've been one of his colleagues who've murdered him.Roads around ITPB are pretty safe.I commute(on a bike) pretty often near ITPB at 10-11 pm and haven't had any problems.
Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:28 pm

Ranjeet

Thats a really shocker and a horrible thing. if Pran's scenario is true then its worst. My nephew was murdered few months back and it was an accident when he tried to step in and control drunk friend of his. May his soul rest in peace but what a tragic loss even if it was mugging or friends ..

Navdeep

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:29 am

This is really shocking whatever the case is but as far as Bangalore being unsafe is concerned then it’s pretty true. I had two such incidents luckily I got away because once i was packing my Muela with me and second time being a Sikh helped. I think I mentioned both incidents here at some point. Pran, consider yourself lucky but my friend that is not the case with many people better you take extra care when traveling on inner or outer road at night.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Pran";p="8633 wrote:Ranjeet,Adhip's family claims it could've been one of his colleagues who've murdered him.Roads around ITPB are pretty safe.I commute(on a bike) pretty often near ITPB at 10-11 pm and haven't had any problems.
Pran
Hi Pran,
Well, I understand Adhip's parents statement and their deep loss, having said that, I just cannot believe that a colleague would do such a thing. And moreover he was working mostly with the client in Germany. And he had left ITPB alone that day. Well there is a local newspaper saying about an affair and so on..but all said and done, To me looks like a robbery gone wrong and that's currently the most pausible explanation. I have read a lot of these stories in the papers, but if something happens to someone known to you, it has a deep impat

What can one do? except for taking precautions, Even I have commuted on bike on the ORR pretty late in the night, but now, I would rather use a car and leave early...

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:51 pm

Ranjeet,

>What can one do? except for taking precautions, Even I have commuted on bike on the ORR pretty late in the night, but now, I would rather use a car and leave early...

You're right on that one.never hurts to take precautions.wonder why the 'Hoysalas' don't patrol the ORR...
Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:31 pm

They patrol, If you go to inner ring road after 9'o clock. You will see two policeman sitting there but still its happening..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mishradk
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by mishradk » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:19 pm

People..
if the news of colleague doing such this is true then it is more alarming..
professionals can do.. drug addicted people can do ... but a normal person finds a place or has the guts to do such things means Bangalore is really unsafe..

I travel 18 x 2 Km every day from Banashankari to CV Raman nagar..
many times these narrow lanes are really dangerous .. drug addicted people coolly wait to trap some one..

So if you are late after 10 or 9 .. PM never get into those lanes .. also always try to follow a truck or town bus while going in Ring roads..

But the fear of Hoysala police vans or the Tiger ( bike) police personnel are reduced. I remember those year 94- 95s they were too active ..

I always loved Bangalore because of its peaceful nature.. and the beautiful climate.. Bow both have changed.. it is very sad..

May Adhip’s soul rest in peace.

Deepak

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:38 am

Sorry to know of your friend's unfortunate demise.My condolences,irrespective of who did this, you can never be too careful.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:18 am

Its really very bad,,,I Thought these kind of things only happen in U.P & Bihar,,I think those robbers may belong to these states.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Bangalore unsafe!!- Another one today

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:26 am

Guys, I am reading another incident of a techie being stabbed yesterday again on the ORR, its on TOI 3rd page..

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:51 am

Thanks to the efforts of it's former police chief from the NE (I forget the gentleman's name) Bangalore was, not very long ago, one of the best policed cities in India. What happened is just a few years? The government in place at the moment is hardly different from what was before. An incompetent new chief of police?

A very sad state of affairs and particularly sad for the parents of the murdered young man. :evil: :(

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:54 am

Sangliana

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:15 am

Thanks, Mack The Knife. J M Sangliana must have retired some time ago? Or was he promoted and transferred? I have heard that he was a good man and sympathetic to law abiding gun owners as well.

Cheers!