Self Defence/Home Defence-holistic approach

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
rajeev3275
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Self Defence/Home Defence-holistic approach

Post by rajeev3275 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Guys! I am interested in a holistic approach to Personal and home defence. I am looking into things like Meditation (to calm the mind), close quater combat as in Krav Maga, weapons (of course guns and sticks and throwing stars) and strategic driving.

I have been practising meditation for 10 years now. I am trying to take it to the next level. Self-hypnosis etc.

Close quater combat: I am looking to join Krav Maga. I am planning to join vicky kapoor who teaches in Delhi and one of his trainer is teaching in noida.

Weapons: I think joning a shooting club.

Strategic Driving: Still trying to find out where I can learn that. There are a few guys teaching in Russia but nothing in India.

Any inputs? Anyone else doing the same who would like to share the road to sucess?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Self Defence/Home Defence-holistic approach

Post by Subal das » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Krav Maga is easy to learn very well structured and effective system, good start in martial arts, good luck
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by veejosh » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Your idea reminds me of the above.

Regards,

Vikas

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:06 am

LOL,Vikas.Never take a knife to a gunfight,eh?

But, the OP did say about learning to shoot.Being familiar with all kinds of weapons is a good idea.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

rajeev3275
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rajeev3275 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:41 pm

My idea is Use anything and everything that gets the job done. That is why it is 'holistic'?

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Rajeev,

If your interested in stratergic driving I can help. If you let me know what you want to learn I can form a structured programme for you. There are programmes all over europe, and america not just europe.

Regards Drifter.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 pm

verminator wrote:Isn't Krav Maga the Israeli martial arts discipline? What benefits does this rather new approach have over more ancient ones? Strange to imagine. :wink: The rest of the post,however funny,may not gel well with quite a few people.Please,refrain from such humour.Thank you.-Moderator
you may change your ideas about Krav maga after watching this DVD. Another good thing about Krav maga is that in most major cities in India well qualified instructors are available.

Krav Maga Street Fighting (Alain Formaggio)
Simplicity and efficiency are the key words to the techniques of body to body Israeli close combat. And they are the bases of modern Krav Maga that you find in the DVD. React in an efficient way and get rid of any attacks: grabs, strangle, belting, punches, kicks, threats or attacks with knives, sticks, guns... Surviving in an urban place, facing street combat, this is what this Street Fighting DVD offers you.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"