attacked in tumkur by a biker

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

attacked in tumkur by a biker

Post by drifter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:02 pm

About a month ago at 8 pm, my cousin and his friend was travelling from goa towards bangalore in a tamil nadu registered car and at the tumkur toll a guy in a bike starts abusing and hitting the car for no reason my cousin gets down and asks him what the problem is but this guy does not stop. My cousin explains to the toll officer that this guy is attacking him but the toll officer just smiles and says he cannot do anything about it, my cousin pays the toll fee and the jerk has his bike parked in front of his car and he kicks the car and rams the car repeatdly with his bike in slow speed, he leaves no room for escape and all this is happening in front of the toll officer for 20 mins.

When this guy rammed the front of the car with his bike and went back with the impact my cousin revved the car and managed to avoid the bike guy but when he was getting on to the highway he scrapped a bus thankfully nothing major the bike guy followed him for a few km but my cousin sped away

No one came forward to help him and to make it worse he did not know the local language. Is there a mafia or something and do stuff like this happen elsewhere. I was irritated with my cousin for not walloping that guy, but guys what would you have done in this situation?. What is the right hing to do?. Is there any justice for crimes like this?. I think the bike guy and the toll guys are hand in glove and try to pick on easy prey, I hope this incident keeps us all alert.

For Advertising mail webmaster
tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: attacked in tumkur by a biker

Post by tingriman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Sorry to know about this incident,
drifter wrote:Is there a mafia or something and do stuff like this happen elsewhere.
Very likely, unfortunately this is possible, another possibility of that biker under the infulence of some drug or of unsound mind, but cannot for sure say anything.
drifter wrote:what would you have done in this situation?. What is the right hing to do?.
Take down the registration number of the bike, use your cellphone and dial 100,

cheers,
tingriman

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks tringringman,

some friends said that these incidents happen and they provoke you into a fight and then get local sympathy and then loot you. Well this place is about 130km from bangalore and there werer no cops nearby apparently. I might think it futile explaining it to the cops, I don know if they would help!!

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:43 pm

I think you did the right thing in not being confrontational.

The guy is either mad, or spoiling for a fight to draw out his gang.

A lot of the latter goes on in India, where a very co ordinated effort aims to provoke you, primarily for robbery.

Years ago, there when the British Visa facilitating office was at Safdarjung enclave in Delhi, a particularly tenacious gang followed people discreetly as they emerged out in the evening with their visas and passport. A mile or so away from the office, one member suddenly emerged from the traffic, threw muck (typically horse shit or cowdung mixed with water for ease of delivery :roll: ) at the car/scooter and disappeared. As the angry victim climbed out to chase the assailant, another member of the gang sneaked up and stole the briefcase/papers.

Are you sure you hadn't (un knowingly) been dragging his wife for a mile on your rear bumper? :wink:
Last edited by hamiclar01 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:48 pm

did the prudent thing of walking away from a scrap. Next best thing would have been calling the police.

Best

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm

these days its best to avoid any confrontation as we can not be sure of what may happen. unless one wants to be a macho idiot. remember the old saying of Hagger the horrible.
a coward dies thousand times.
a hero dies once.
a smart man runs and lives a long life :D
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Are you sure you hadn't (un knowingly) been dragging his wife for a mile on your rear bumper? :wink:[/quote]

ha ha, good one :D

Guys but this happened for nearly 25 mins and it was terrifying incident for my cousin in a different state, no one willing to help and the toll officer smiling away. I guess somebody who has a short fuse would have run him over. It took nearly a week for my cousin to get over this incident, he was quite shaken. Because the car got hit by a bus when he was getting away and he was followed for a while and the maniac also kept hitting the car, do you guys think telling the cops there would have helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:51 pm

drifter
its a shocking experience to say the least. for some one who is not used to violence can be a horrifying experience. it is difficult for some one who does not wants to not hurt any one . but still someone is trying to harm you, sometime its hard to know what to do, as situation like this leaves one in a dilemma and very shaken state of mind.

things like this one has to learn to overcome and live on as life must go on. learn from it and over come the mental trauma. as sometimes when even its not fault of ones own but violence is forced on one.

the gent did the right thing here, as the situation did not harm anyone, and only damage was to the motors only.
Nagarifle

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:43 pm

some friends said that these incidents happen and they provoke you into a fight and then get local sympathy and then loot you.
Yes they do happen in many parts of India, it is a reality. I have myself seen it happen in a crowded public bus many years ago. It was the 1st of the month, and a worker had boarded a crowded public bus, with his month's salary in his pocket(a gang of pickpockets following him, looking like perfect gentlemen also boarded the bus.) One of the pickpockets picked the pocket of the worker and passed the entire money(worker's entire month's salary) to one of his gang members, without letting the worker know . When worker confronted the pickpocket, immediately his gang members came to "rescue" the worker as "Good Samaritans" and started do a body search of the pick pocket. Obviously he had passed the money to one of those who was searching him, not finding the money with him the gang started beating the worker like anything, accusing him of insulting and dishonoring a "gentleman" by labeling him a pickpocket. Believe me the bus conductors do know of the gangs operating in the route, and they do not even ask for a ticket from them.
Your cousin did the right thing of not confronting him, practically the police is of no help, in most of the cases they are aware of the gangs operating in their area.
Another similar incident many years ago. A gang of dacoits waylaid a bus on a highway at night and asked all the passengers to give up their cash. The dacoits collected the money and counted it. It was only Rs 20,000, in disgust they returned the money back to the passengers stating "Koi faida nahin, itna to hame is kaam ke liye thane walon ko dena par jayega"(No use taking this money, for this dacoity, we will have to give this much amount to the local police station)
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Given the lack of a castle Doctorine in India, he did the right thing.

If we had the equivavlent of the csaste doctorine, he should have shot him dead on the spot.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:05 am

MoA wrote:Given the lack of a castle Doctorine in India, he did the right thing.

If we had the equivavlent of the csaste doctorine, he should have shot him dead on the spot.
:agree:
Nagarifle

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:20 am

Easy now,mate-Mod

gunrunner
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gunrunner » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Drifter,

Folks stay away from politics, name calling and generalizing issues based on region etc. Read the board rules. This is a warning..cool it now - Mod

jaypreet
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jaypreet » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:33 am

Hi friends,
I just recollected an incident few years ago,

This incident happened on the Ghodbandar road, near Mumbai, when I was alone and driving my "Tata Spacio" (a SUV, little bigger than Sumo ), that time on a high way, and I wanted to get a "U" turn. but whlie getting a U turn a Bike was standing on the road, because of which I could not complete the U turn, so I just slided down my Driver side window glass and requested him to his bike a little away so as to commplete my U turn, because I could see approaching vehicles from a very long distance. The time was 8.00 pm, evening, the darkness on the highway was increasing.
The bike rider got down, gave his bike to the pillion rider, and started abusing using harsh langauge, approaching towards me. I again requested him to get his bike little away, then he suddenly raised his right hand towards me and came forward just to take hold of my collar. ( Tata Spacio is a SUV, So I was sitting at a height, and the biker was standing on the ground, so he has to raise his hand to pull my collar and step on the foot rest ). I could see another person other than the pillion rider was approching, At that time, { Edited its not relevant and just refrain from such examples where any ones life is in danger- Lets calm down or I am going to lock this post / topic Mod}

So according to me, if your cousin had a Four wheeler, he should have Reversed back and drove away, rather waiting there to be abused by a biker. Because it's for sure that he was lonely but aggressive, may be he knew that his friends were hiding nereby, watching them, and waiting for a fight to start.

jaypreet