Death on Chipman Street

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Death on Chipman Street

Post by Subal das » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:06 pm

http://www.knoxnews.com/videos/detail/c ... is-newsom/

found it on some other board

really, how it is important to teach our kids to be alert and do not do certain things. I drive a bike here in HYD and see kids quite often waving for a lift. Yes, it is sweet to leave in a community were kids feel so safe. But in my case I wear helmet with mirror like glass, those kids even cant see my face, so just literally blind trust.

When some of them waves, I always think that some of these kids may end up, crippled and forced to collect daksina on streets of Delhi. Or forced to run in front of fast moving car. Such extortion tricks are still in a play in some areas of UP.

It is important to educate our kids early about surrounding world. Teach them about what to do and not to do and teach them how to defend them self, or how to use knife. Knife is best equalizer weapon for kids, it can diminish advantage in physical power of kidnapper, can be easy hidden.

I started to teach my girl how to do basic stabs and slashes when she was 5. Better be safe then sorry, I cant be near all the time. Carring a knife would not hurt, but can help her to grow up as responsible and alert un submissive person. Girls should not be shy in a country were political capital and rape capital are geographically the same place.

"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Death on Chipman Street

Post by hvj1 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Dear Mr. Subal Das,
I appreciate your viewpoint, I have a request, could you be kind enough to post your grievance. Please refer to online grievance topic.
Sincerely
hvj1

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:50 pm

dear hvj1

are you talking about this thread
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 278#p84278

that may be a good thing to do, but unfortunately, I'm not much into politics and do not believe we can do something to make a world a better place.

My analytical model of world was formed in 1990 under influence of father of system dynamics Forrester. For most people it is quite hard to read such kind of mathematical books, bu that can be nothing the less as an eye opener. Any one need reliable model, by use of such model (and every educated person do have one) he/she can see the things as moving in good or bad directions.

Thing is that to have a better choices in future we should do correct things now. Doing wrong things now will eventually leave us with worst kind of choices in future. The world lost a chance to be a better place as a whole in 1980s and taking a look on India from point of view of System Dynamics is a waste time, it is baba's country .... right.

In short, my views are very and positively pessimistic - NON of steps which can give us better world was possible politically implement in the past, NON is possible to implement now and in future will be the same, so why bother at all.

respect
Subal
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 am

Subal das

Wow System Dynamics OT -- Eons ago I wrote a white paper for using System Dynamics for analyzing impact of quality control on products and its long term impact on the company etc etc.I ended up using real time simulation models for addressing short term issues..but you are correct its used widely for gauging impact of long term policies. My advisors thesis was in it back in 70s. Yup India cant be modeled accurately by any one ' its chaotic un-managebale.defies all the logic and rules and that befuddles lot of experts including us...I guess it runs because of few good honest folks.

Best

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:59 am

ngrewal wrote:Subal das

Wow System Dynamics OT -- Eons ago I wrote a white paper for using System Dynamics for analyzing impact of quality control on products and its long term impact on the company etc etc.I ended up using real time simulation models for addressing short term issues..but you are correct its used widely for gauging impact of long term policies. My advisors thesis was in it back in 70s. Yup India cant be modeled accurately by any one ' its chaotic un-managebale.defies all the logic and rules and that befuddles lot of experts including us...I guess it runs because of few good honest folks.

Best
small world ... isn't it
Last edited by Subal das on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:08 am

Subal

Its a small world and net makes it even smaller

Cheers