Brave Jammu girl takes on six terrorists, kills one

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Inspiring Story!

Post by xl_target » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:30 am

Rukhsana Kauser said she 'fired endlessly'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8279929.stm

Kashmir girl fights off militants
By Binoo Joshi
BBC News, Jammu

A teenage girl says she killed a militant with his own gun after insurgents attacked their home in Indian-administered Kashmir.
Three militants stormed into Rukhsana Kauser's home in a remote village in Jammu region on Monday and started beating her parents in front of her.
Ms Kauser, 18, and her brother turned on the gunmen, killing one and injuring two more. Police praised their courage.
One of the militants wanted to marry Ms Kauser against her will, police said.
The militants escaped and are now being sought by police who are using their blood trails as clues.
The insurgents went to the house looking for Ms Kauser but her father, Noor Hussain, resisted their demands, Rajouri district senior police superintendent Shafqat Watali told the BBC.

I had never touched a rifle before this, let alone fired one - but I had seen heroes firing in films
Rukhsana Kauser

Three gunmen then entered the house and attacked Ms Kauser's parents, while four other militants remained outside.
"My parents told me to hide under the bed and then opened the door," Ms Kauser told the BBC.
"Without saying anything they [the militants] started beating my parents and my uncle. They beat them so badly that my parents fell on the ground. I could not see that and pounced on one of the militants while my brother hit him with an axe," she said.
"I thought I should try the bold act of encountering militants before dying."
Ms Kauser said she grabbed one of the militants by the hair and banged his head against the wall. When he fell down she hit him with an axe, before snatching his rifle.
"I fired endlessly. The militant commander got 12 shots on his body."

Her brother, Eijaz, 19, grabbed one of the other militants' guns and also began shooting.
Ms Kauser said the exchanges of gunfire with the militants had gone on for four hours.
"I had never touched a rifle before this, let alone fired one. But I had seen heroes firing in films on TV and I tried the same way. Somehow I gathered courage - I fired and fought till dead tired."

'Bravery'
Police identified the militant commander as Abu Osama, who they say was a member of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba group and had been active in the Rajouri area for the past five years.
Local residents told police that he wanted to marry Ms Kauser - and was prepared to do so forcibly.
Rajouri police superintendent Shajqat Watali praised what he said was the "exemplary bravery" of Ms Kauser and her brother.
"The reaction by these teenagers was extraordinary."
There are now fears the family could face retaliatory attacks, so they have been given police protection.
But Ms Kauser wants more: "We cannot live here in this village. They should relocate us to a safer place in Rajouri town or elsewhere. The militants are not going to leave us after this embarrassment in which a top commander was killed."
As someone once said: "they can't hurt you unless you let them".

I guess you don't want to get on her bad side.
It also tells us something about the design of the AK47. Someone who has never touched one can pick it up and use it effectively. :D

Mods: I'm sorry I posted the whole story but sometimes when posting from newspapers, etc. the articles tend to disappear after a time. When trying to read the post later, forum members will no longer have access to the original. This article was just inspiring to me and I think every Indian should read it.
Last edited by xl_target on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Inspiring Story!

Post by Sakobav » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:21 am

xl_target

I was about to post the same link -- send this one to the anti groups et al, brother and sister showed lot of presence of mind and bravery. Now Govt should take care of these lads or atleast recruit them in paramilitary or defense services.

Good one

Cheers

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Inspiring Story!

Post by xl_target » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:10 am

Yeah Ngerwal, anyone who can fight like that.....
Unfortunately when the police leave in a little while, they will still be unarmed.
Still, this story really made my day.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:17 pm

I apologise if this has been posted before:

Pawan Bali / CNN-IBN
Published on Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 07:51, Updated on Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 01:28 in India section

Jammu: A girl in Jammu's Rajouri district has given women the strength to stand up against attacks by terrorists.

Young Ruksana Kausar proudly shows off the AK-47 which saved her from six terrorists who attacked her.

The brave girl snatched the assault rifle from one of the terrorists, shot one to death, injured another and send the others running for their lives.

It helped that Ruksana was trained by the village defence committee how to fire a Kalashnikov assault rifle.

"I pushed a terrorist into the wall. I hit him with the butt of the gun and then fired several times," says Ruksana.

The six suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists had barged into her home on Sunday evening asking her family to hand her over.

When her parents refused they were beaten up. Then her brother attacked the terrorists with an axe and Ruksana went for a terrorist's gun.

The police got to know of it only after the fight was over.

"These people handed us the weapons and informed us about the encounter," says Shabbir Choudhary, SP, Rajouri.

Ruksana's family now fear retaliatory attacks from the terrorists and has asked the local police and the Army to protect them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

V-C
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Brave Jammu girl takes on six terrorists, kills one

Post by V-C » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 pm

The local police have promised a job for her and she will also be rewarded with a cash price after verification of the terrorists ....Great job .

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Duplicate
This was posted yesterday: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7532

It is interesting to note the usual discrepancies in news reports.
The BBC article quotes here as saying:
I had never touched a rifle before this, let alone fired one - but I had seen heroes firing in films
However, the above article says that she was trained by the village defense committee. I wonder which one is true.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Way to go kausar

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:08 am

eh hope she has a PB license or else she can be sent to jail on two or more accounts. :( lets see :shock: unlicensed arms not license and of course manslaughter.

hope you all sent this to the antis

as for the young gun/girl welllllllllllllllllllll done, stay safe.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:42 am

Firstly, bravo Kausar!Wish there are more like you.
xl_target wrote:Duplicate
This was posted yesterday: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7532

It is interesting to note the usual discrepancies in news reports.
The BBC article quotes here as saying:
However, the above article says that she was trained by the village defense committee. I wonder which one is true.
There were many inconsistencies in the first link.If she never fired a rifle, how did the fire fight last for hours?After all, a rifle needs reloading. So, films' influence sounds dubious.The training imparted by Village Defence Committee sounds more logical.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:43 am

nagarifle wrote:eh hope she has a PB license or else she can be sent to jail on two or more accounts. :( lets see :shock: unlicensed arms not license and of course manslaughter.
What PB license?... as far as some sods in the establishment are concerned, she is destined to be sentenced to death because of unlawful usage of a PB weapon in taking a life...hell that's the LAW...or at least one that was thought up by jackasses.

Of course, how can we forget the wise utterances of our good darling Mumbai CP?! - “We are always there when a crime is happening and there would have been more deaths if the common people were armed. So let people stay unarmed and let us do our jobs.” ... indeed how right he was! :roll:

... the antis can take it forward from there with the usual banal fluff- " look at the blood shed...how a life was snuffed out by a gun...once more " we must stand up and raise our voice against gun violence... the Government of India should stop issuing any more licenses following this incident...- That suggestion will make perfect sense to quite a few establishment folks.

I can imagine the establishment going on overdrive to tone-down the incident....they'll try their best to kill the symbolism of the incident and how it has, with one flick of the index finger, upset decades of their carefully nurtured notions of the common citizens right to defense or lack of.

My sincerest salutations go to the girl and her family. Well done!

...None to the 'benevolent' state and its standard establishment drama of "we will provide a job... yada yada"..._ PROVIDE THE DAMN GUNS AS WELL...STUPID EGG HEADS.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:30 pm

What's with this paranoia of the anti's? Let's just celebrate what these two brave kids did. I mean when it finally, comes to the S.H.T.F. scenario a guy who is familiar with guns will be helping the 'anit's' to run for cover.

dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:40 pm

dev wrote:What's with this paranoia of the anti's?
...ahh! Not paranoia... just contemptuous anger that such bunch of banal stupid turkeys can actually be regarded as respectable members of 'society'....and even feted as champions of good... :twisted: :evil:
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:45 am

now now boys, watch your tongs :shock: such talks does not become us. its not their fault that they can not see what is right and they love to peruse law abiding people. we should at least have a little pity for them.

any ways who can deny the right to life? ok ok,they can :shock:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:37 am

cottage cheese wrote:
...ahh! Not paranoia... just contemptuous anger that such bunch of banal stupid turkeys can actually be regarded as respectable members of 'society'....and even feted as champions of good... :twisted: :evil:
Just remember that when they turn the other cheek...make the most of it. :twisted: :twisted:

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:24 pm

dev wrote:
cottage cheese wrote:
Just remember that when they turn the other cheek...make the most of it. :twisted: :twisted:

Dev
:mrgreen: