I got robbed on Friday

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I got robbed on Friday

Post by MoA » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry to hear about it.
Happily no one was hurt... and you are taking precautions..which is good.
Sad part of life, but we live and learn.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Dhillon,
nice dogs and as a 'non owning' dog lover, i miss the days i had some real happy pets back in bangalore. miss em and the happy times
Yaj,
...4000km later we polished off a couple of steaks each, and committed a blasphemy by asking the chef to serve us some boiled eggs! 8)
way to go, and keep on doin it guys.That was quite an epiphany.We had an earlier discussion on bulli kuttas , wonder if these threads can be merged?
Good to be back in the land of the living
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 pm

eljefe wrote:Dhillon,
nice dogs and as a 'non owning' dog lover, i miss the days i had some real happy pets back in bangalore. miss em and the happy times
Yaj,
...4000km later we polished off a couple of steaks each, and committed a blasphemy by asking the chef to serve us some boiled eggs! 8)
way to go, and keep on doin it guys.That was quite an epiphany.We had an earlier discussion on bulli kuttas , wonder if these threads can be merged?
Good to be back in the land of the living
Great to hear from you Asif! Been missing you. We had a good time didn't we?
Now that you are in the OZ you can get a quartet of bull arabs and do some feral hog hunting , man that is something I dream about 8)
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:37 pm

I've been thinking of feral hogs for a bit now too. Definitely need to go down to Texas for some of that. Asif bhai, you need to hit the bush, eh? :D
“To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds”- The Iliad.

AquaPina
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AquaPina » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:09 am

I think Indians are too busy in their daily life style that they take NO precautionary action to protect their selves and the family. I personally keep all the spaces around my house much secure. I have total of 8 security cameras on all sides that covers each and every corner of the front and backyard as well as the car parking and garden area plus motion camera that allows me to view life footage on any device that is connected to the internet including cell phones. I have total of 20 motion & sock sensors attached to windows and doors with 24 hours monitor service with ADT. Last year I also bought a T.V simulator, what it does is it plays various light on little LCD screen that looks like(from outside) T.V is on in the room. Front, back and garage door has a dog barking chime. So when someone tries to open the door, it sounds like dog is barking. I have spent well around 1 lakh for all of these but trust me IT IS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!

I think you should to get home alarm system. I am with ADT right now. When the alarm in your house goes off, ADT is notified then they call local police, fire department or ambulance.

I lived in U.S up to the age of 22 then I came back to India and got married here...and I was sooo damn insecure so I had to buy all these!! I might get something new on this trip to U.S.

Lived in Delhi for 3 years now, not a single time I have been robbed. Even before my family and I go out I scout out the area 5 minutes ahead of time that no known face is roaming around repeatedly.

Some relatives say I am stupidly insecure but it is just me.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Re:

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am

Dev

Sorry to hear about the robbery. Guess you are right about the culprits being smart kids. They went after sports shoes, t-shirts, cell phones etc. but the guns were left alone.

Scary stuff man....perhaps you might consider services of a mans best friend to take care of the household in your absence ? Just a thought.....

And yes definitely go for a handgun.....

M.
dev wrote:That is what I am relieved about the .22 rifle. The cops would have had a field day with it. That is why I count my blessings.

Jonah it seems like a very fast and educated gang...might even be smart kids on the prowl for fun.

Regards,

Dev
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Manish,

This incident happened in 2006. I have since then got a pet shop Labrador, now we find that he is a mix between a lab and a golden retriever, so he is handsome fellow with hair on his chest :) .
He is trained to lick intruders to death, after jumping on their shoulders. Instead of the handgun, I am eyeing an old side by side bara bore. I just love the thunk the red cartridges make when you insert them in the chamber. I am sure the thieves will appreciate its fine lines from the barrel side view. :-).

dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Every time I see a post on this topic, I sigh..... Poor Dev's been robbed again...and again on Fridays. I often wondered where he lived and what sins he commited in his past to suffer such a succession of freaky fridays.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

cooljerry
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by cooljerry » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Dev,
Sorry to hear of break in. As every one says a gun is only useful if you are at home and it is loaded and kept.
I have two dogs a German Shepard and a beagle. Earlier i had a Labrador. My next door neighbor has been robbed 3 times with a security guard, but since he has kept a Labrador no robber.I also have a camera fitted and am now planning for a security cover of fencing done with voltage and infrared security.
If you have some one in the police and can talk to the SHO may be you will be able to get you stuff back.
jerry

pandeymitul
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pandeymitul » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 pm

extremly sorry to hear about it .