Link to some real life self defense shootings

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Link to some real life self defense shootings

Post by Sujay » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:03 pm

.....in US primarily..... scroll down for links..

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/

It seems only the US is progressing in the right direction in
addressing the issue of self defense in a no nonsense manner

"At the end of the day, the law says if you have no other way out and it appears you are about to get killed or seriously harmed, you don't have to send out a survey," said Scott Newman, the former Marion County prosecutor. "You can pull out a gun and defend yourself."
Just last month, Indiana became the third state to make clear that people have the right to use deadly force when threatened without first trying to back away. Indiana did not previously require residents to retreat before using a gun or other deadly weapon, but the new law clarified that point.

in http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... -1/ZONES04
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:13 pm

Sujay,

This is a huge country and laws can vary from state to state in very different ways. Hammond Indiana is about 30 minutes from downtown Chicago but if you cross the border and come into Chicago, then you cannot have a handgun at all. In Chicago city, even policemen have been arrested for owning personal guns. And, of course, in the city crime is terrible while the suburbs that allow gun ownership see very little crime overall...

It is a familiar story to people who live in places like Detroit, New York, New Jersey etc as well. Criminals own all the guns in the world but politicians work hard to disarm law abiding citizens.

Mehul

cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

being prepared

Post by cyrixoutside » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:28 am

Hi,

the handguns mag website has a very nice article about being prepared for a real life gun fight.

here is the link

http://www.handgunsmag.com/tactics_trai ... index.html

the author has give 5 levels of preparedness i.e some 1 t0 5

for india he would have to add another level i.e level 0

:)

rajat

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Thanks, Rajat.

Mehul, what level are you at? :wink:

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: being prepared

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:27 pm

cyrixoutside wrote:for india he would have to add another level i.e level 0
Does that include a handgun?

:wink:

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:01 am

Mack The Knife,

I don't go by any drill or anything of the sort - don't need to in the community I live in. As I have said before we have several police and TSA officers living in the community and they also have a Neighbourhood Watch committee that works along with the police. That said, I know where my guns and ammunition are in the house and I can load any of them that I may need in well below a minute in the dark without being able to see them. In light it would be even faster.

So, I guess, I am prepared...

Mehul

cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:42 am

hi,

well the author only starts with people who carry a loaded hand gun with them at all times, but since they hardly ever practice with it he puts them at level 1.

however for india he would have to invent many other levels.

Level 0 - people who own a handgun but keep it at home.

Level -1 - people who own a handgun but keep it in their bank locker.

Level -2 - people who own a handgun but no ammunition.

i am sure that we could invent levels all the way to minus 5.

:)

rajat

horribleharshad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by horribleharshad » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:34 pm

Well, most probaly in India we can go much lower than -5. There are people who will not use their handgun even when their life may depend on it. I don't know what I should call them, they call themselves 'non-violent'.

Kshatriya
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kshatriya » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:22 pm

That was cool,rajat.
The attitude here in India is downright defensive,at least for the common man.He is so engrossed in earning his daily bread that he can't spare a thought about self defence issues.
We believe that god will take care of everything.
Another major reason is the lack of suitable,modern & inexpensive gun training facilities that teach u the basics of gun handling.So people without any military/paramilitary background and those who have not had this culture running in their families,are the most apprehensive of the lot.
U.S Army Rifle Cal .30 M1917 Remington Bolt Action
Cal 32 ACP IOF Pistol

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:17 am

Trivia

Our freindly neighbour Gen Musharaf Carries a Glock 17, I would think a G 26 would have been less of a drag and easy to carry.
he is amongst the few world leaders carrying a weapon on person, dont blame him though..

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?pa ... 2006_pg7_2

The general armed to shoot, always

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: President General Pervez Musharraf wears a gun on his hip everywhere for security reasons, the Telegraph reported on Saturday.

The president was in Chitral Valley in the Northern Areas last month to watch a game of polo. As the rough and tough match typical to the region was played on Shandoor Plateau, at an altitude of 3,734 metres, the president?s gun was visible above his right hip.

Later, he told a gathering of senior officials and close associates that he always carries it with him.

Musharraf, 63, is said to have started carrying one around after December 25, 2003, when he survived a second suicide attack in two weeks by radical militants upset with Pakistan for joining the US war on terror, the Telegraph reported. Elaborate security arrangements usually precede the president?s visits and he also uses decoys ? cars and helicopters ? just as many heads of state do.

But few carry a gun. George W Bush certainly doesn?t, though some might say the Texan?s mouth is enough to kill of shock. Fidel Castro used to, but he was then a guerrilla leader fighting General Fulgencio Batista. He does wear military fatigues, but a gun hasn?t been seen peeping through it yet.

On the contrary, Musharraf?s gun was conspicuous again when, wearing the traditional Chitrali cap, he joined the Chitralis as they danced to local tunes on the playground. Part of the dancing party, he looked a different man ? a president among his people and not the commando he has been most of his life. But the gun gave the general away. That, and the thoughtfully chosen gift. Musharraf presented Amir Muqam, the federal minister for water and power, with a gun, which he said was similar to the one he carried.

?These guns are the same but the only difference is that mine is laser-guided,? the Telegraph quoted Musharraf as telling the gathering while handing it over to Muqam. ?Amir Muqam is my brother and that is why he also faces the same threats as I do.?

Laser-guided weapons find the target on their own ? ?fire and forget, the gun does the rest?. :shock:

Musharraf?s gun is a Glock 17. The US has provided personal security devices for him, including the ?remote signal jammers? in his cars that saved his life in the December 2003 attack that killed 17.

His aircraft is equipped with state-of-the art US surveillance and security technology, a personal gift from Bush.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:47 am

Man, I should equip my G17 with the "lazer guided" gizmo. I wonder how the targeting system of this "lazer guided" handgun works. "Dammit, I meant Jones the bad guy, not Jones my pilot".

FAQ on the "Lazer guided" company's website,

"Q. How will I identify that I want BadGuy X instead of GoodGuy Y ?".
"A. Shoot yourself you moron, if you believe this junk you deserve to be shot".

I wonder if I can launch a "lazer guided" handgun even before a situation arises, maybe a Bushy PreEmptive strike. I'm sure the journo that reported this can find me something like this.

PS: I'm sure he meant that the General's G17 has lazer sights. AND I also know about the Lazer guided weapons fired while a lazer from another source is "illiminating" the target.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:04 pm

HSharief wrote:Man, I should equip my G17 with the "lazer guided" gizmo. I wonder how the targeting system of this "lazer guided" handgun works. "Dammit, I meant Jones the bad guy, not Jones my pilot".

LOL , its a typo, you are correct,

Navdeep

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:31 am

Have a laze guided gizmo-plays havoc with any ppt presentation-screen is riddled and smoking by the time I finish! :twisted:
Have remote jammers too-dont need to be a president-cell phone jammer in my work place, put up by yours truly, beats the hell out of all signals, starting with my own phone!! :oops:
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Link to some real life self defense shootings

Post by dev » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:08 pm

ahhhh reason explained finally...ah so desu ka. :wink:

dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

advitiyas
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by advitiyas » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:29 pm

ngrewal";p="1667 wrote:
HSharief wrote:Man, I should equip my G17 with the "lazer guided" gizmo. I wonder how the targeting system of this "lazer guided" handgun works. "Dammit, I meant Jones the bad guy, not Jones my pilot".

LOL , its a typo, you are correct,

Navdeep
It really amaze me how those laser guided pistols work. It should be a sensing bullet, moving at the speed of sound (approx.) n looking for a laser point at 10m distance. I think that will need a fairly complex (large) system!

I think its laser target designator what he meant by laser guide. He must have am army of shooters to kill the tarhet (laser pointer), in that case he may be carring just a laser pointer, I hope Bush didn't gifted it on 1st April.