Liquid Bulletproof Vests

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Liquid Bulletproof Vests

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Its here, the Liquid Bullet Proof Vest. Unfortunately our Armed Forces who need it the most may be the last to get it. Wouldn't be surprised if some of our esteemed Netas already have this :mrgreen: on backorder.

Anyways, I was amazed to see this in action, it opens up a whole slew of possibilities. Blocks high velocity projectiles and resists low velocity projectiles as well.
Have a look,

http://science.howstuffworks.com/liquid ... /printable

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Liquid Bulletproof Vests

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:48 pm

OverUnderPump wrote:Its here, the Liquid Bullet Proof Vest. Unfortunately our Armed Forces who need it the most may be the last to get it. Wouldn't be surprised if some of our esteemed Netas already have this :mrgreen: on backorder.

Anyways, I was amazed to see this in action, it opens up a whole slew of possibilities. Blocks high velocity projectiles and resists low velocity projectiles as well.
Have a look,

http://science.howstuffworks.com/liquid ... /printable

regards
8)
OUP
So you did remember our conversation from yesterday! :) BTW got the e-mail on the Mughals and I must say, some interesting material in that, especially the bit about the old "Indian" katanas!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 pm

I did :D but was too bushed last night to post more stuff. And by the way 'Hengdang' (Katana) is also a province in Guangzhou in China. I am trying to investigate this further.

regards
8)
OUP

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:54 pm

hi OUP
does it stop injury's or limits the damage,
more important can it be made from beer? :cheers: and is it drinkable?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:48 pm

nagarifle wrote:hi OUP
does it stop injury's or limits the damage,
more important can it be made from beer? :cheers: and is it drinkable?
:lol: A "drinkable" vest may not last long in our hot climes... ;)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:17 am

@Nags,

It does stop injury. Its also effective against knives/spikes etc which is usually not achieved with other vests.

As for the beer bit, well. We already have our beer guts, they offer ample protection ;).

regards
8)
OUP

Private Merc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Private Merc » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:28 pm

I wouldnt count on any flak vest except for a Kevlar. This gel filled jacket hasnt provided any ballistic report for e.g. how many shots and of what caliber it can take in before disintegrating.

A short insight on Kevlar: Kevlar doesnt come in just one variant. It comes in over 4 variants for Flak vests. Level 1 to Level 4 being the latest. Level 1 was the heaviest back in the day weighing over 11 kilos(with ceramic plates ofcourse) without the neck and groin protection.
Level 4 on the other hand is just under 6.9kilos (with ceramic plates - both front and back) with neck and upper lumbar protection. It can take in approximately 12, 9mm rounds from a distance of 20 yards before disintegrating. The Kevlar level 4 is capable of facing 8 rounds of 7.62 ammo at a distance of less than 25 yards giving ample time to fire back or duck and cover / or 15 rounds (half a mag) fired from a distance of over 40 yards!
Kevlar is good; though it doesnt guarantee of not receiving bullet bruises caused by impact. :D

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Kevlar,

nay it can't stop .50cal from half a mile . i would point you the man who got shot with a .50 cal unfourtuntly he died from the .50 cal while wearing kevlar full protection. :oops:
Nagarifle

Private Merc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Private Merc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 pm

nagarifle wrote:Kevlar,

nay it can't stop .50cal from half a mile . i would point you the man who got shot with a .50 cal unfourtuntly he died from the .50 cal while wearing kevlar full protection. :oops:
Sir, most respectfully, I never even mentioned that a Kevlar vest can protect anyone from a .50cal. Furthermore, may I emphasise that even an uparmored B6, Vehicle is not safe from a .50cal round, forget the human body! I'll post in a video (upon finding it somwhere in my stash), where insurgents come in contact and are blown into pieces of being hit by .50cal rounds from a distance of more than 200mts.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:48 am

hi Private Merc

its true that you never said it could protect from .50 cal and it is also true that i never said that you said etc etc :D

there is one thing we must always keep in mind is that some clever dick would invent a vest that could stop .50 cal. and there will be some cleaver dick who will invent a bullet that would penetrate it.

where the clip of the vid?
Nagarifle

Private Merc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Private Merc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I dont count on that! Not just yet; technology and advancement in modern warfare also has its limitations. As for the clip, I mentioned I would have to search for it. Be patient.