The Second Proclamation

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

The Second Proclamation

Post by Rottmeister » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Contrary to what the Indian Government thinks, there's simply no evidence that keeping guns out of the hands of those currently eligible to own them under the law (adults with no felony convictions, no domestic-violence misdemeanors or restraining orders, and no history of involuntary commitment for mental illness) reduces the level of criminal violence. Nor is there evidence that allowing anyone who can pass a background check and a gun-safety course to carry a concealed weapon increases the level of criminal violence. All that matters is keeping guns away from people who demonstrably shouldn't have them. Present law does that, but the gun lobby has done many things to make that law impossible to enforce.

If we, the educated and responsible IFG gang can pass a petition, I think it shall be a bigger step for the country than was taken By Mr. N.Armstrong on the moon.
The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: The Second Proclamation

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:58 pm

RottLord";p="60678 wrote: Present law does that, but the gun lobby has done many things to make that law impossible to enforce.
sorry, i can't understand this bit. what exactly do you mean?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:30 pm

I mean to say that the Gun Control department grants the permission to every citizen with clean records and a sane mind to possess arms, but that's in theory; in real life, they shall bend backwards to see that you are not given the permission.

paragvns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by paragvns » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Recent data from "Gun Owners Action League" http://www.goal.org/

July 23, 2008

Marked the ten year anniversary of

The Massachusetts Gun Control Act of 1998

A DECADE OF DISASTER

85% Decrease in licensed gun owners

=

67% INCREASE in homicide related firearm deaths since 1998.

236% INCREASE in assault related firearm hospital discharges since 1998.

331% INCREASE in firearm assault related emergency room visits since 1999.

590% INCREASE in firearm assault outpatient observations since 2001

Regards
Parag
An armed society is a polite society. — Robert A. Heinlein

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:57 pm

Parag, any intention to let the population know what we are thinking? Mr. Singh and his gang has shown us the way; they have done their parts by bringing together all of us who are like minded; now it's our responsibility to let others know what's right and what's not. I (and most probably, all IFG-ans) wonder how a country that gave birth to the Kshatriya sect has forgotten the taste of valour and glory; let us do something that shall bring the trend back. Maybe, the IFG School for teaching responsible gun ownership, where every person taking admission for a nominal fee (bullet prices included) is offered a three months long course for each of the NPB firearms, after which, they appear for the tests and the first 15 are declared fit to possess an arm. The rest shall need to continue their practices and sit for the next test.

Let something happen instead of nothing.

I would request the Admin and the Moderators to give it some serious thought. All I can say is, I can put my efforts, maybe meagre, into it and whole-heartedly.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Mr. Rotlord....

This requires money money money..

Late Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru wanted to have NCC compulsory for all students.. but the exchequer told him we dont have that kind of money to spend.

I say all parents should try to have their children enrolled in some activity like NCC. We should also think of volunteered services like the home gaurd, territorial Army etc.. there are lot of avenues which are available but not marketed well.. they all give some kind of training, or they could incorporate some kind of training.

some one in the press said that there are more than 5 lac private security guards in Bangalore. They should be trained in finghting terrorism. Thats ridiculus .. who will pay for it?

wouldn't it be better for all security guards enroll into the territorial army and get a more respectful life with benefits similar to army jawans.

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 pm

Dear Diskaon,

Let us calculate the number of IFG-ans; if everybody can chip in a thousand rupees every quarter, it shall amount to quite a big sum. I think everybody here earns in five figures so that's not going to be the problem; the real problem is that we Indians "NO" too much. Regarding the legal aspects, the site admin can take that responsibility with us backing them up if need be.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 am

Sir Rottlord,

You are speaking like an ideologist... I am being practical. Many people donate towards various charities... what happens... the problems still exist. Its not about collecting money and doing good for society.

What you are saying is in line with starting an NGO for gun rights/awareness/RKBA I am not against your idea.

What I am trying to say is that .. there are already underutilized units of the government which need to be tapped before anything else. i mentioned the home gaurds and the territorial army

e.g. what if the police is trained to the limit of the NSG?? dont you think half our concern would be reduced?

what if all the children from class VIII to Class X are given training on traffic rules.. few years later wont all the people on the road be driving with full awareness of the rules.. I say this because I am from Bangalore and every one is complaining of the traffic situation and infrastructure problem... but the problem lies in the people who dont follow the rules simply for the fact that they dont know the rules and have always not know the rules.. so they drive the way they want and in case of any accident, the one with the loudest voice (and most foul language) is correct.

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Yes; ideologist may I be one, but at least I have the courage to propose something new. I do find your examples of NGO-s quite relevant; however, if you have noticed that the mess-ups occur because everyone involved works for their personal benefits. As far as I've come to know about IFG-ans, they think and shoot straight, so there is no chance of them utilizing the donations to fatten their own wallets.

Now, on the compulsory part. You can be sure of not getting any benefits out of something if it's imposed; whereas, if you can create a general interest on something, people shall be more willing to take it up. So let's start it small and watch it grow bigger every passsing day. Since you are an older member, why don't you bring it under the considerations of the IFG admin?

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:40 pm

The integrity of IFG is unquestionable.

We are already working towards spreading awareness about guns. But this will take a lot of time. We are all working towards it.

Recently I was having a discussion with a colleague - Topic was my gun license. I told him to visit IFG, he immediately told me that he does not want to be "tracked" by the authorities.. as if even talking about guns is a crime. he loves guns, but is scared to google AK -47 from his computer. Moreover, this guy has done trap and skeet shooting as he is a fauji's son. We have a long way to go.
klick klack..... diskaon

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:47 pm

That's sad; however, if you remember Dr. Sigmund Freud's comment - "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" - it's an enough de.scription of the present Govt. and people like your friend. No offence meant to your friend, though.