Which gun for self-defence/ home defence

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Which gun for self-defence/ home defence

Post by msandhu » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:02 pm

How much is the price difference between SBBL and DBBL shotguns? If the price difference is not much , i would much prefer DBBL for home defence. The second shot might come handy without reloading. Ideally i wud prefer Pump action ( because of number of shots it can carry) but that might be lil too expensive.

Cheers
MSandhu

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 am

msandhu";p="48550 wrote: How much is the price difference between SBBL and DBBL shotguns? If the price difference is not much , i would much prefer DBBL for home defence. The second shot might come handy without reloading. Ideally i wud prefer Pump action ( because of number of shots it can carry) but that might be lil too expensive.

Cheers
MSandhu
Practically speaking the cost of manufacturing a pump action shotgun is not much more than that of manufacturing a SBBL gun. However, in the Indian scenario you can get a pretty decent SBBL gun for INR 5,000/- or so but a PA shotty will cost you INR 1,00,000/- upwards... :P

I personally prefer DBBL guns myself, both for home defence as well as for field use - But the only relatively consistent (in terms of quality) Indian made DBBL shotty I have come across is the IOFB DBBL SxS that has now been discontinued for some years. The other small scale private manufactures have an inconsistent reputation and I wouldn't stake my life on them!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:18 pm

anandrxz";p="48446 wrote: if anyone has details of training center in dadar (mumbai) pls let me know.
license :( will talk to some villagers - they must have some contacts to get me thru.

thanks All, owe you one.,will let you know time and again abt my progress ...!
Anand.
You can try the worli firing range (www.mra.org.in) . Its on the start of worli sea-face. you can enquire as they have training round the year.
worli is ver near to dadar - so might be the same place after all..
http://wikimapia.org/171060/Worli-Shooting-Range-Mra
klick klack..... diskaon

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 pm

MAHARASHTRA RIFLE ASSOCIATION
MRA SHOOTING RANGES, WORLI SEA FACE NORTH,
MUMBAI 400025 TEL 24932736 - 24930064

to be more precise..
klick klack..... diskaon

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:58 pm

i think the best option for you is to get an arms licence for a shotgun and get a double barrel 12gauge.thts probably the best weapon for self defence.
be safe!!

regards
raj
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"