Need to buy a gun that does not require a license

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:07 am

This is to all you present gun owners. I think we all are gun-lovers but the system we are in doesn't allow all of us to be PROUD. What do you think, had there been a scope to own a S&W .50 ACP, we, the replica gun owner wannabes would have settled for anything else but the real one? The answer is NO. But it's the sound, the flash and the fumes we die for and at least, the person to whom firing is a passion, a replica gun, I believe is the safest option. So pls stop the quarrel and let's help each other to reinforce the BROTHERHOOD of MEN. Lest you fall, there shall be always someone to stand up from behind. A blank firing gun owner shall know atleast how to pull the trigger of a real oner in case the situation is grave; it's better than knowing how to use it as a hammer. PERIOD.

"Courage comes from within when it's time to pull the trigger. To the one who lacks it, a gun is but a piece of stone."

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:09 am

RottLord";p="46745 wrote: This is to all you present gun owners. I think we all are gun-lovers but the system we are in doesn't allow all of us to be PROUD. What do you think, had there been a scope to own a S&W .50 ACP, we, the replica gun owner wannabes would have settled for anything else but the real one? The answer is NO. But it's the sound, the flash and the fumes we die for and at least, the person to whom firing is a passion, a replica gun, I believe is the safest option. So pls stop the quarrel and let's help each other to reinforce the BROTHERHOOD of MEN. Lest you fall, there shall be always someone to stand up from behind. A blank firing gun owner shall know atleast how to pull the trigger of a real oner in case the situation is grave; it's better than knowing how to use it as a hammer. PERIOD.

"Courage comes from within when it's time to pull the trigger. To the one who lacks it, a gun is but a piece of stone."
Please don't "cross post" the same message on more than one forum here...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:42 pm

Still there is no answer to the original question if the blank firing gun is legal or not and if it is what are the options ?

regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="45493 wrote: Hi Venki,

Your views on self defence are debateable but to answer your question a blank firing handgun would suit your requirement.

Just bear in mind that pulling out a gun and/or firing a few shots in the air may not always defuse the situation.

Eternalme, read the title of this thread and then check out the second post in this thread (quoted above)... should make things quite clear about the legal status of blank firing guns in India...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by b.baracho » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:55 am

g.smith sells blank fireing pistols and clams to be legal knowing him he will make a through study before he deals in them. I suggest to mail him and get more details.
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. -P.Rod-

sweetrevenge
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Need to buy a gun that does not require a license

Post by sweetrevenge » Sat May 23, 2009 1:33 am

can anyone tell me like where to buy a nice gun from if I am too lazy or carefree to apply for a licnese. Try and read between the lines

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat May 23, 2009 2:14 am

sweetrevenge: seeking advice or encouraging others to assist you to break the law regarding firearm ownership is prohibited on IFG. Please review the rules for posting. I have issued you a warning. There is no need for you to read between the lines to understand this -- the policy here is quite clear. Please confine your posts to the discussion of legal topics in the future.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 am

A super soaker doesnt require a license.

I believe that airsoft guns dont require licenses either...
Or air guns...

So other than that... you are out of luck.

You want to buy weapons with the least amount of paperwork or hinderances... move to Luxembourg or the US. :cheers:

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 am

You can go for high powered crossbow, AFAIK it does not require license & is very lethal till around 50-60 yards at least. Indian Navy's MARCOS are/were also supplied with crossbows(crossbows with cyanide tipped arrows were used for silent killing) Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARCOS_(India)

talk2devid
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by talk2devid » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:07 pm

Dear all, regarding

Code: Select all

still it is not clear to me - is it really possiable to buy a non lethal gun in india if not then can we purchase those guns which used in films? i'm not looking for air guns. i'm looking for toy like guns which makes some fire and sound or else fire some fake bullet.

if any one know that manufacturer and it's price (in W.Bengal or Kolkata) Please Post.

Best Regards.
David
catch me if you can

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:19 pm

I think one of the co2 pistols are going to serve his purpose; topairguns.com is what he should chk out.
The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:21 pm

talk2devid wrote:Dear all, regarding

Code: Select all

still it is not clear to me - is it really possiable to buy a non lethal gun in india if not then can we purchase those guns which used in films? i'm not looking for air guns. i'm looking for toy like guns which makes some fire and sound or else fire some fake bullet.

if any one know that manufacturer and it's price (in W.Bengal or Kolkata) Please Post.

Best Regards.
David
David you can buy blank firing pistols in Mumbai at Tahir Arms in Crawford Market. In Cal check the gun shops. If not you will have to try to import it yourself. I hope your question is answered. If not blank firing you will find air soft replicas at least.

regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:37 pm

"looking for toy like guns which makes some fire and sound or else fire some fake bullet." is highly dangerous and self defeating for self defense situations.

Criminals rarely get scared by "sight" or "sound" of guns. Seen criminals critically injured retaliating to kill their attackers before dying. Trying to scare criminal/criminals with toy gun is sure shot recipe for disaster as it will escalate the situation, prompting the criminal/criminals to retaliate.

Never draw a gun unless you intend to use it to do its job.

AND remember

Wolves always hunt in packs.

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:04 pm

But I do not understand the concept of a 'non-lethal gun'. A gun is supposed to be lethal; if not, it's not considered a gun. But then again, even an airsoft is lethal, if you hit your opponent's eyes with the steel BB-s. I think he meant a 'less-powerful' gun, enough to maim but not kill. A .177 co2 pistol is, what I think, shall suit David the most.
The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Aiming in the eye is not easy, it is easier said then done practically. Airguns available in India are nothing but a nuisance to an angry motivated criminal.