Soft look with handgun: inviting trouble

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Soft look with handgun: inviting trouble

Post by vjha55 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 am

Someone with having handguns in open possession, has a look and attire painting him as soft (cheeku), is it safe for him?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:28 am

If one learns how to use his sidearm well in a pressure situation and is aware of his surroundings it isn't necessary to look well 'ard.

A confident manner will trump a toughie one and attract far less unwanted attention.

vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:51 am

That's right, but, a rough look with moustach curled up, and stubs on face could be an aid really in so far as making your handgun appearance more effective; What do you say?
Regards
VJha 8)

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:41 am

vjha55";p="36846 wrote:That's right, but, a rough look with moustach curled up, and stubs on face could be an aid really in so far as making your handgun appearance more effective; What do you say?
vjha bhai, whats with this endless psychology thing yaar? You planning to take up psychology as an alternate profession or are you attempting to salve a hidden complex?

Not trying to stop you from doing so but, the generalizations and blunt assumptions are somewhat annoying.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Soft look with handgun: inviting trouble

Post by Risala » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:19 pm

CC,annoying is putting it mildly,this guy is a loose cannon,whose

persona is on the fringe of paranoia & hysteria.It's folks in this

category,that are cause for concern,who give the rest of the law

abiding gun owners community a bad name.

From the content & tone in all of his posts in the various threads,

it amazes me :shock: as to how this individual has even been granted a

licence in the first place.
Last edited by Risala on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:19 pm

vjha55";p="36846 wrote:That's right, but, a rough look with moustach curled up, and stubs on face could be an aid really in so far as making your handgun appearance more effective; What do you say?
All depends on whether you can carry it off. Don't forget the big tika!

vjha55
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vjha55 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:27 pm

So, too annoyed. What really disappoints me is the scant level of tolerance possessed by some individuals reacting in a manner as they constantly do rather than analyzing things coolheadedly. Lower tolerance level of an individual happens to be the major disqualification for arms lincece. So I am really surprised instead how some have been given such privilege.
Regards
VJha 8)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm

sabse bada ladaiya kaun.... omkara! :roll:

VJha, I would STRONGLY suggest you MAKE SURE it is well concealed. Else, you are likely to be targeted by crooks who would like to snatch your gun and in the process cause you harm... A handgun is not a spanking new Ferrari to be flaunted, it is meant to be carried concealed and brought into use ONLY in the unfortunate eventuality that you get into situation where you may be the victim of a violent crime. Half the effectiveness of carrying a handgun is the SURPRISE element.

The old timers did it best... in some families where they had more than a hundred guns at home and every male adult stepped out armed - BUT - you'd NEVER know it, unless you were the crook who ended up at the receiving end of the barrel...

Moral of the story - flaunting your handgun will simply attract trouble, keep it on your person well concealed. Don't tell people you are packing, but be trained and prepared to use it if need be... that's what it's for... it's NOT for show!

And you were the one accusing pistol owners of being simply interested in "showing off"... :roll:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Vjha please post your picture,,we want to see how soft looking u r?or u really look like a CHEEKU??????? i m afraid if there is a matter of Ankiyon Se Goli Maro. ,,lol
vjha55";p="36841 wrote: Someone with having handguns in open possession, has a look and attire painting him as soft (cheeku), is it safe for him?
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:21 pm

vjha, the days of 8ft tall and 6 ft broad bodyguards ae gone. These are the actual category of people who carry concealed for a living!
The US secret service and diplomatic protection group inevitably has a couple of very pretty , and fit women in their teams. Now imagine a woman pulling out a .40 and giving you a couple of double taps! thats the surprise element.
The whole idea is NOT to give an impression that one is armed, as has been quoted by Mack The Knife and Mundaire.Mustache or stubble or black kurta/white horse a la ganga ki saugand , wont make any one MORE bullet proof.
Many of the 3 letter agency people I've met here in India are just an average 'looking' indian male.Except that their level of training makes them very responsible 'machines' entirely capable of reacting and neutralising the threat. Their level of traning cannot be achieved by an ordinary Indian civilian with an ammo quota of 25 rounds a year :(
If its deterrence you are looking at-as I've said in the past, learn to run-AWAY from the threat.Unlike Texas, where armed force is justified and the cops take away the weapon used in a justifiable incident ( the responder does not go to jail as an undertrial!)
In India, the person reacting with 'deadly force' (read arms) is usually locked away until he is proved innocent-regardless of the circumstances! The usual question asked by the prosecution is -did the altercation/attack/whatever, by my client ,deserve an armed, deadly force response from the 'perpetrator' (you)
"You shot down an unarmed man in cold blood" never mind that there were 6 unarmed men , with lathis/pipes/knives and the deadly intent of robbing/raping/pillaging/killing with those 'non firearm' (yup, the hated word) accoutrements, that all of their ilk carry normally.So ideally a knife or lathi attack can be countered by an identical force ONLY...all things being equal(which they arent) keep a low profile and RUN from trouble when you are carrying. If unarmed, RUN FASTER! ;) :)
I know, I've carried CCW.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:00 pm

ccw?
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:13 pm

Concealed Carry Weapon

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:28 pm

vjha55";p="36864 wrote:So, too annoyed. What really disappoints me is the scant level of tolerance possessed by some individuals reacting in a manner as they constantly do rather than analyzing things coolheadedly. Lower tolerance level of an individual happens to be the major disqualification for arms lincece. So I am really surprised instead how some have been given such privilege.
Yaar bhai... you're not seeing the trees for the wood and vice versa.... :)

What scant level of tolerance bhai?.... the very fact that you can keep indulging in verbal wank is tolerance enough on our part.
The very fact that you have not been carded or kicked off the board is tolerance enough.... not to mention freedom of speech(Before you bring that up)

What's there to analyze coolheadedly? Nothing really worth analyzing bhai. You were simply living out your day-dreams of the quintessential mustachioed 'dakoo-pehelwan' that used to be staple in the older and infantile Hindi philims....and perhaps tinkle comics.

No issues with license for me bhai. Low tolerance for lower forms of wit most likely won't hurt my getting a license issued :)

Anyway, like I said I'm not stopping you from wanking. Carry on with whatever in the mean time, I reserve my personal right to keep dropping in for a little bakwaas.

regards,
cc

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Soft look with handgun: inviting trouble

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Sanjay";p="36862 wrote:CC,annoying is putting it mildly,this guy is a loose cannon,whose

persona is on the fringe of paranoia & hysteria.
Heyyy Sanjay,

:) :) :)

Serious attempts to understand himself.... I suppose thats behind all his shrink wank :)
From the content & tone in all of his posts in the various threads,

it amazes me :shock: as to how this individual has even been granted a

licence in the first place.
:mrgreen:

:) :)

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris